• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Dec 21... 12 + 21 = 32 (32 reversed is 23)

2012 ... 20 + 1+ 2 = 23

coincidence??

Isn't all this talk starting to lean and fall towards Numerology? :taped:

tut tut, I think we should stop trying to find meanings within numbers.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The funny thing is you can manipulate number anyway you want to get your outcome. I think its time to stop trying to come up with a date for the Lord says nobody knows the hour and worry about living your life for Christ. So when the time really comes you won't miss out.

God Bless,

NW

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Isn't all this talk starting to lean and fall towards Numerology? :laugh:

I don't know about Axxman, but I was just playing around . . . no intention of anyone taking it seriously.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've been out for a while and am getting into this thread a bit late, but there really isn't nearly as much end to the Mayan calender as many seem to think.

It is true that we will cross the centerline of the galaxy on that day, and no one really knows what they will entail, but the caldnder itself just happens to align with that time.

Their calender is actually five different ones that track different things going on in the sky. Moon cycles, sun cycles and other zodiac cycles. It just so happens that they all recycle on that date in 2012. They believe that there will be a great turmoil, but when it's over the people here will go to a higher level of spiritual existance.

Lots of religions speak of the same things, most likely started in the past by Satan as a confusion of the talk of the return of Christ.

Who knows what will happen? I'm so worried I'm considering postponing my retirement for an extra year or two so when I get 80 I'll have a little better income.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Personally, though, I think following the Hebrew calendar would be more telling than following our calendar, if calendar dates mean anything . . . but that's just me

the Hebrew calendar seems way off on the date of creation

How do you mean, way off? What does the Hebrew calendar say about it?

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Does anyone have any real knowledge/thoughts about the Mayan calendar's date for the end of the world as we know it? On this date, scientists and modern astronomers state that the sun and the earth will be in perfect alignment with the center of the Milky Way galaxy. This only happens once every 25,800 years. Scientists are not sure what the effect will be, but it is possible magnetic currents will spin in opposite directions, or there may be a field effect reversal. Some believe the positions of the north and south poles would shift, which would cause worldwide disaster. Although this event seems farfetched, this pole shift is backed by science. Thoughts? I must admit, I'm freaked. I shouldn't be because God is in control, and Jesus is coming again. How many of you think this is the date He will return (even though I know the Bible states no one will know the exact time/date), based on known facts/predictions about what will happen?

No way. The end can't be that soon. The bible tells the way the end will come, and that date contradicts the bible. Based on Bible prophecy, I see the end happening something like this.

It will happen sort of like this:

Next Prophecy to be fulfilled:

Ezekiel chapters 38,39 - A group of large armies from Russia, Iran, Iraq, Germany or France, Ethiopia, and Libya will unite to attack Israel. God will turn these armies against each other, and it will rain fire on them, and they will fall on the mountains of Israel. [Note: Since Israel is a nuclear power, having many hydrogen bombs, this rain of fire from heaven could involve Israel's nuclear missiles.] The situation in the middle East is going to get worse until this prophecy comes true.

But that is not Armageddon:

After the Ezekiel prophecy, Israel will be respected world wide. The future World dictator, the Antichrist will come to power. [bible scholars in the past believed it would be the last pope.]

Ten nations from the European Union are going to give their military and political power to the Antichrist. He is going to make a seven year treaty with Israel. This will start the final seven years of the end of the world and the countdown to Armageddon.

The Antichrist is then going to try to conquer the world militarily. Probably starting off with nuclear war, aimed mostly against the Muslim nations of the Middle East. This will go on for about a year. The devastations of Nuclear War will follow: - famine, radiation sickness, forests burned up, many dead. Then natural disasters, as punishment on men for their sins will happen. A meteorite or astoroid falling into the sea, plague, poisoned water, and one third of all men killed. Earthquakes, Large hail stones. Three and a half years before the end, the European forces under control of the Antichrist are going to march into Israel and take it over. Another inquisition will start. Jews and real Christians are going to be killed. Most of the Jews will escape to Petra and surroundings. The final punishments of natural disasters from God, worse than the first, will happen. Sores, plague, darkness [possibly from dust or smoke blocking the sun] men scorched with great heat, great earthquake, etc.

The armies of the East are going to march westward to fight with the European armies, and they will meet in a place in Israel called Armageddon. [The plains of Megiddo]

Now comes Biblical Armageddon right at the end.

The Lord Jesus is going to return with an army of angels piloting UFOs, and a UFO invasion is going to happen. The real born again Christians are going to be levitated up into the air to meet Jesus and this UFO invasion, along with the dead bodies of saints that will rise out of the graves. These armies gathered at Armageddon are going to be destroyed.- That destruction is biblical Armageddon. UFOs are going to abduct people that practice sin, people that heard about Jesus and never accepted Him as Saviour, and these sinners are going to thrown into the fire or hell. They'll suffer forever.

The real Christians are going to rule and reign with Christ on the Earth for a thousand years of peace, in which Satan will be bound and he can't tempt anyone.

All of that can't happen soon enough to meet the Mayan date. The Mayan date for the end of the world is false.

Details of the next prophecy to be fulfilled Ezek. chapters 38, 39

These are the names given in the prophecy:

Ezekiel 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Ezekiel 38:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts [of armour, even] a great company [with] bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

Ezekiel 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

Ezekiel 38:6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: [and] many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land [that is] brought back from the sword, [and is] gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Ezekiel 38:9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Gog is russian leader magog is Russia. Meshech is a root word for Moscow. It will be the Russsian leader in the position that Vladmir Putin is now in.

The biblical persia is Iran and Iraq together. Gomer represents Germany or France.

It says this is to happen in the latter years, which is the time close to the end. Now can be considered the latter years, because Israel is a nation again.

Ezekiel 38:13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

Sheba and Dedan, which are Jordan and Saudi Arabia, are going to question this army when they come toward Israel.

Those names are names of people mentioned in the geneology in the bible. The lands where they lived are named after them, that is how bible scholars know what lands are being referred to . The old persian kingdom was on the land of Iran and Iraq together. Verse 38:7, shows that Russia is going to be like a guard to the armies of all of those smaller nations.

Reasons why this is the next prophecy.

It has not happened yet. The prophecy speaks of Israel coming back into their land from many different nations. The only time that this happened in history, is after World War 2, with Israel becoming a nation again in 1948. In the past, Israel came back into their land from only one nation, babylon.

It is a future prophecy. It says in the prophecy that this would happen in the latter years or days, which is now and leading on into the future, before Jesus comes back.

It is not the same as the prophecy about the Antichrist.

The prophecy about the antichrist, in the book of revelation and the book of Daniel, show that Antichrist will take over the Holy Land and set up his throne in Jerusalem for the last 3 and a half years of the tribulation period, before Jesus returns. In the Ezekiel prophecy, the armies invading Israel will not take it over, but will die on the mountains of Israel before they reach Jerusalem.

There is only one invasion of Israel during the tribulation period, of the book of Revelation, and it is the invasion by the Antichrist. So the Ezekiel prophecy cannot happen during the tribulation period which is the last 7 years before Jesus comes back.

The Ezekiel prophecy cannot happen after the tribulation period. After the tribulation period is the Millenial reign of Christ on the Earth, ruling with the saints in glorified bodies, for a thousand years, and there is no war like the Ezekiel prophecy during that thousand years when Satan is bound and cannot deceive anyone.

The Ezekiel prophecy does not happen after the thousand year reign. In Revelation, Gog and magog are mentioned, after the thousand year reign but this is just a reference to the land in which Gog and Magog lived and it is not referring to the same man Gog, in Ezekiel.

[Gog and Magog are two people in the geneology of the Jews a long time ago. The land that they lived in is called by their names.]

In the Ezekiel prophecy, it shows that Israel had recently been gathered into their land and live in unwalled villages. After the millenial reign, in Revelation, people from the lands of Gog and Magog are going to attack the camp of the saints. So this cannot be the same as the Ezekiel prophecy. The saints will live in one camp, and they lived there for a thousand years already. This is different from what it says in the Ezikiel prophecy.

So, the only time for the Ezekiel prophecy to happen is in the future and before the 7 year tribulation period starts.

Iran is now starting to gain influence over the Shiites in Iraq. The old persian empire is Iran and Iraq together being ruled from Iran. As Iran gains more control over Iraq, it begins to look more like the old persian empire. Also Russia is allied with Iran now, and I saw on Tv that Russia has offered to enrich their uranium for them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2012 coincides with Revelation Chapter 12. The Mayan calendar (I once read that the Patriach Abraham's kins travelled to South America and invented that calendar) and the Chinese (they are descended from Joktan, a younger brother of Peleg, and are Semites of the tribe of Shem and they went East...all the way to China. See Genesis 10:30) calendar are divinely invented. The year 2012 of the Chinese calendar is the Year of the Dragon...which again coincides with Revelation Chapter 12 which talks about the Dragon being defeated by the archangel Michael and cast down to planet earth so that finally this time the Dragon or Satan cannot even travel to outta space but be confined to earth.

Thus Satan will lose more of his power and on earth he is back to being a Serpent in Revelation Chapter 13 which coincides with the year 2013, the year of the Snake in the Chinese calendar.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BackInTouch

Jesus says himself that no one will know the date of his coming. The apostles even asked him this question and he told them " You must also be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." Luke12:40 NIV.

And again we see this in 1Thessalonians 5:2-3 NIV " for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying ' peace and safety' destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape." So there is your answer. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

WOW those last few posts were VERY thought-provoking and helpful. Funny thing is, I am very aware of Jesus' speaking of no one knowing the time and date. I think that when I watch shows like that it just freaks me out, and Satan likes to take advantage of that opportunity. Note to self: ALWAYS recall what God's word says over everything else. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,867
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Christians should pay no attention to the so-called prophecies contained in the Mayan calender....any more than they should pay attention to Egyptian or Babylonian prophecies.....or indeed many others.....including Nostradamus, etc.

New agers love to refer to the Mayan prophecies.

There are a million 'prophecies' out there.........if people want to subscribe to them.

We have one book. :emot-hug: