sandwalker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

A couple weeks ago there was a big media push about the jena 6, if your not sure what i'm talking about then i think i've proven my piont. this is my mad about what i saw, what i saw was that according to the reports is that jim crow still seems to be alive and well in jena, and if this is true the church as a whole regardless of creed color or denomnation should have spoken out against this vile form of oppession.

what i saw was a big push from the democrcy now folk and assoc. and the african american church. what i didnt hear from was

from the main stream preachers saying anything about this, during the day i get time to lissen to national preachers, cause i work out of my car . and i heard nothing from them at about the jena 6. when cnn was telling people get on buses and go to jena, were there any promonate well known preachers getting there buses filled up to show that we are standing with them.

maybe we were there and just not reported about.

so i guess my first question is was there a unity christian collilation in jena or was it a photo opp for al sharptin and crew.

was any one from whorthyboards there in person to witness this. and if not then i guess, but rather not guess because the truth is the only thing worth getting mad about.

trully mad that i wasn't there

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

does anyone have any opions about this

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

the six fellows there committed a crime and they have to answer for their crime. they assaulted a kid, so there should be an accounting.

What oppression is there? Lets see, the only time jackson or sharpton appear is when they can get some kind of photo op and make a few bucks. that would be your oppression.

maybe justice will be served and those six who assaulted the one fellow will get to visit the greybar hotel and serve out their just sentence.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I do not see much news, other then what I get on here.

most of the news i get is from Israel.....

did you know that in 1996 alone that over 140,000 Christians were martyred?

I am more concerned with what time of the season it is. It is HARVEST TIME.....

I have no idea about what you posted here, never heard of Jena, nor do i know where it is, nor do i have time to load up on a bus and travel there, nor do i have the money to do this.

did anyone hear about a small town in Kansas that denied two separate people (preachers) from starting a new church fellowship? why not load every one up and let us go there and push for support?

we can spend our time running from this place and that place and get nothing done, and be so busy, we loose track of what God actually has set before us.....

mike

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

does anyone have any opions about this

As Jesse Jackson would say, "they did the crime, they gotta do the time." Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Do you think you could use caps in your post? It's hard to read with no paragraphs and no caps. It's a good topic, but I almost overlooked it because it just looked like a block of writing. :th_praying:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have not followed this very closely. If they actually did something wrong, then the punishment should fit the crime

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

I understand that the six suspects were charged with attempted murder in the beating of the young man. However, there has been things going on back and forth where the white perpetrators would get minor or no charges while the black perpetrators got stiffer charges.

It's one huge mess. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I understand that the six suspects were charged with attempted murder in the beating of the young man. However, there has been things going on back and forth where the white perpetrators would get minor or no charges while the black perpetrators got stiffer charges.

It's one huge mess. :emot-handshake:

I'm sorry but hanging a rope from a tree as a prank or statement is not anything close to a 6 on 1 beat down. I don't agree with what the white students did with the rope in the tree but what harm did it do besides hurting someones feelings?? These 6 black kids litterly beat the white student within an inch of his life.

The whole town was accused and vilified for the actions of 1 or 2 white students who didn't use their brains and that isn't right either. People like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton show up at these stupid events to not help but to stir up more trouble for their cause. I can almost gurantee you that Dr. King would roll in his grave if he was able to see the direction that the work he started has taken in today's time. He's probably be the first one to stand up and say that not every bad that that happens to a black person is because of racism. Bill Cosby a while ago pretty much stood up and said that very same thing and he has now pretty much been cast out of the black community because he told it like it was.

Edited by Shad

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

What I remember from the news ...

1) White kids sat under a tree for their lunch time.

2) One day, a black kid sat under the tree for lunch.

3) The next day, nooses were hung from the tree to let the black kids knew they were not welcome.

4) A confrontation breaks out between the races.

5) A white kids comes to school with a shotgun, black kids take the gun away and beat him.

6) Black kids arrested for beating the white kid, and the white kid gets a slap on the wrist for bringing a gun to school.

7) Everyone shows up in support of the black kids who were arrested.

8) White kids ride around town in a pickup truck with nooses attached to the back.

Now, this is all from memory, so the events can be off, but you get the jest. Same story as 30 something years ago ... can't they ever learn? We are all God's people, no color, no sex, no rich or poor ...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

A couple weeks ago there was a big media push about the jena 6, if your not sure what i'm talking about then i think i've proven my piont. this is my mad about what i saw, what i saw was that according to the reports is that jim crow still seems to be alive and well in jena, and if this is true the church as a whole regardless of creed color or denomnation should have spoken out against this vile form of oppession.

what i saw was a big push from the democrcy now folk and assoc. and the african american church. what i didnt hear from was

from the main stream preachers saying anything about this, during the day i get time to lissen to national preachers, cause i work out of my car . and i heard nothing from them at about the jena 6. when cnn was telling people get on buses and go to jena, were there any promonate well known preachers getting there buses filled up to show that we are standing with them.

maybe we were there and just not reported about.

so i guess my first question is was there a unity christian collilation in jena or was it a photo opp for al sharptin and crew.

was any one from whorthyboards there in person to witness this. and if not then i guess, but rather not guess because the truth is the only thing worth getting mad about.

trully mad that i wasn't there

I agreed with the prosecution on this one. Lord help me if I ever side with Jesse Jackson on anything. Whatever side of an issue he is on, you can bet it is the wrong side.