IGNORED

What day of the week should we go to church on?

P_Joseph

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

high i had to have a good read to wear this alone was going and to what was being said ok you can worship god threw the week nothing is stopping you you can also go to church on sunday as this is the day most can meet to hear gods word to catch up and to encourage and to be with each other

some like my self have worked 7 days a week lol i am a commercial cleanner and their were times i could not make it to church on sunday so i would catch up with my pastor on saturday and we would spend that time i had with him in prayer and in fellowship as i was working night shifts and early morning starts and i would sleep threw the day have my dinner by od hours say pm if i am lucky or 7.30pm

i know seven day adventists who only have church on saturday and have sunday to them selves and with family

others meet threw the week in cell groups cell groups can also be like church wear you study gods word wear you share what you think the study you did threw gods word ment for you and you are able to get prayer and pray for the others and have some time in worship

our youth will have church on saturday as this is the time they can get together hear gods word and some times we even have communion on a saturday night for the youth and this is like for us older ones church on sunday

you can even hold a bible study class threw the week like wear you work or at a coffe shop or at some ones house

so it does not matter what day you go to church as long as you are around others as fellowhsip is also important this is how we grow this is how we can encourage each other

i have even gone to a midnight service on christmass eve held by the anglican church hear wear i live and i love the midnight mass services that the anglican church does on christmas eve

easter we have church on what ever day of the calender it falls if good friday fals on a friday or saturday we will hold a morning easter service

as long as you are growing i see no problem what day church is heald

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I often work all seven days, yet have times away from work interspersed. I try to honor God all week.

So we don't need to alter our schedules it seems.

Guest Greg Davies
Speaking of what day we should go to church does anyone know where the idea to go to Church on Wed. came from??

I was never told we must go to church on Sunday or Wednesday we just always did because everyonelse did so as well.

I haven't been a member of a church in many years now or at least a physical church as in a building. I praise my God every chance I get throughout the week though and do my bible studies online and get my fellowship through this site.

I suspect people started meeting on Wednesdays because waiting a whole week to get together again to worship and fellowship was just too long.

I'd go more often than twice if there were more services a week at my church. I love to be with the people of God. But I suppose we do need to be balanced.

Concerning your lack of church attendance, Shad, read Heb. 10:25, Eph. 4:1-16, Rom 12, I Cor. 12, 13, and 14. This may motivate you to become a member of a church and grow in Christ in a way you may not be able to otherwise.

God bless, Greg.

If you go to church on Tuesday between 2:47 and 3:26 AM (Greenwich Time) on a quarter-moon with Aquarius rising and wearing a Washington Redskins jersey, then you are DEFINITELY going to hell!

Otherwise....you'll be OK

:whistling:

If you go to church on Tuesday between 2:47 and 3:26 AM (Greenwich Time) on a quarter-moon with Aquarius rising and wearing a Washington Redskins jersey, then you are DEFINITELY going to hell!

:whistling:

:laugh:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::laugh:

Guest Greg Davies

:emot-hug:

I repent! :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

A person i have been having some conversations with told me i was not a true Christian because i worship on Sundays and Wensdays. To tell the truth I worship Him everyday. But this guy is very persist and said we should worship on Saturdays because God made that day holy PLEASE help me out :emot-hug::laugh: yours in Christ joe JHN3:30

It is not what you do that makes you a christian, it is who you are in Christ that matters. Don't listen to the "wisdom" of man, instead look unto God, look into His words, for the truth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

Speaking of what day we should go to church does anyone know where the idea to go to Church on Wed. came from??

I was never told we must go to church on Sunday or Wednesday we just always did because everyonelse did so as well.

I haven't been a member of a church in many years now or at least a physical church as in a building. I praise my God every chance I get throughout the week though and do my bible studies online and get my fellowship through this site.

I suspect people started meeting on Wednesdays because waiting a whole week to get together again to worship and fellowship was just too long.

I'd go more often than twice if there were more services a week at my church. I love to be with the people of God. But I suppose we do need to be balanced.

Concerning your lack of church attendance, Shad, read Heb. 10:25, Eph. 4:1-16, Rom 12, I Cor. 12, 13, and 14. This may motivate you to become a member of a church and grow in Christ in a way you may not be able to otherwise.

God bless, Greg.

I have been looking for quite a while for the right church but have yet to find anything close to what I'm looking for. I live in bible belt of the south where the majority of our churches are Souther Baptist or Independent Baptist made up of older folks and when I say older folks I'm talking 40 yr. old and up and I just don't fit in with that crowd. I need something a lot more pop to it as far as praise and worship goes. The times I've gone to the older crowd churches I find my self nodding off before they even get done with the opening hymn.

I have faith that in time the Lord will lead me to the church that is right for me until then I will continue to praise him non stop from my home.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

:emot-hug:

And if it is a Cowboys jersey? :laugh:

Guest Greg Davies
I have been looking for quite a while for the right church but have yet to find anything close to what I'm looking for. I live in bible belt of the south where the majority of our churches are Souther Baptist or Independent Baptist made up of older folks and when I say older folks I'm talking 40 yr. old and up and I just don't fit in with that crowd. I need something a lot more pop to it as far as praise and worship goes. The times I've gone to the older crowd churches I find my self nodding off before they even get done with the opening hymn.

I have faith that in time the Lord will lead me to the church that is right for me until then I will continue to praise him non stop from my home.

Amen brother! Might I suggest that you check out the Christian International web sight for afiliated churches in your area. My church is not part of their network but we do minister with them and I think you will find a cutting edge, present truth church full of younger people through them.

God bless, Greg.