• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/15/1989

I have been struggling with this issue for a while now. I have a close friend who I have been discussing this with for a while and I don't know where to point him in scripture. I was curious if anyone knew any good scriptures I could read about speaking in tongues and the trinity or oneness?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I have been struggling with this issue for a while now. I have a close friend who I have been discussing this with for a while and I don't know where to point him in scripture. I was curious if anyone knew any good scriptures I could read about speaking in tongues and the trinity or oneness?

Try these links:

http://www.gotquestions.org/oneness-Jesus-only.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/praying-in-tongues.html

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You sure are on top of things, Kari!

You sure are on top of things, Kari!

I'm tanked up on coffee... :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Welcome to Worthy!

t.

I am surprised that worthy even allows this discussion seeing as this site is totally trinitarian but I am not.I believe God is one not three or three persons or people or beings that create one God but one uni-personal God.Jesus was not ''God the Son'' made flesh but God himself ''The Father''.The distinction between Jesus and the Father was his humanity,not that he is a separate person of the trinity.Jesus not only said that he was one with the Father in john 10:30 but he said he was the Father john 14:7-9.Also Jesus says when praying in john 17:1-3 that the Father was the ONLY TRUE GOD so to deny that Jesus himself was the Father and say he was just ''God the Son'' a separate person of the trinity is to deny his deity all together.Lastly the apostle paul wrote in 1st cor 8:6 that there was ONE GOD the FATHER and one Lord Jesus Christ.There are not three persons of the God head there is one,Jesus Christ.In john 14:18 he refers to the man Jesus and the Holy Spirit both in first person.Jesus indeed was the son through his humanity but his divinity was the Father and his spirit was the Holy Spirit.Jesus Christ is the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.In matthew 28:19 Jesus tell his disciple to baptize in the name of the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit.Yet if you read through acts they baptised only in the name of Jesus or in the name of the Lord.Were they wrong for doing so?NO,the name of the Father,Son and,Holy Spirit is JESUS.

Ummmm....when Jesus was being baptised by John, and the voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased" was that Jesus throwing his voice? ;)

Yet if you read through acts they baptised only in the name of Jesus or in the name of the Lord.Were they wrong for doing so?NO,the name of the Father,Son and,Holy Spirit is JESUS.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19)

• Content Count:  4
  • Birthday:  04/15/1989

Welcome to Worthy!

t.

I apologize if this caused any contention in this room. I am just very eager to learn the truth the scripture has for us all. I noticed that this issue is dividing the church. And that just makes me sad...

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Welcome to Worthy!

t.

I apologize if this caused any contention in this room. I am just very eager to learn the truth the scripture has for us all. I noticed that this issue is dividing the church. And that just makes me sad...

Don't worry about a thing, my friend!

I did move this to a more appropriate area of the board, though.

Have fun!

t.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14

Greetin's

onwingsaseagles I agree with much of what you have written. Jesus is the incarnation of the Oneness of HaShem Elohim. Only the Creator can redeem us and in the manifestation of Yehoshua

the Lamb this was done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

I am surprised that worthy even allows this discussion seeing as this site is totally trinitarian but I am not.I believe God is one not three or three persons or people or beings that create one God but one uni-personal God.Jesus was not ''God the Son'' made flesh but God himself ''The Father''.The distinction between Jesus and the Father was his humanity,not that he is a separate person of the trinity.Jesus not only said that he was one with the Father in john 10:30 but he said he was the Father john 14:7-9.Also Jesus says when praying in john 17:1-3 that the Father was the ONLY TRUE GOD so to deny that Jesus himself was the Father and say he was just ''God the Son'' a separate person of the trinity is to deny his deity all together.Lastly the apostle paul wrote in 1st cor 8:6 that there was ONE GOD the FATHER and one Lord Jesus Christ.There are not three persons of the God head there is one,Jesus Christ.In john 14:18 he refers to the man Jesus and the Holy Spirit both in first person.Jesus indeed was the son through his humanity but his divinity was the Father and his spirit was the Holy Spirit.Jesus Christ is the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.In matthew 28:19 Jesus tell his disciple to baptize in the name of the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit.Yet if you read through acts they baptised only in the name of Jesus or in the name of the Lord.Were they wrong for doing so?NO,the name of the Father,Son and,Holy Spirit is JESUS.

When Jesus returned to the Father are you saying that they reunited into one being or something? What do you see as the entity of God currently?