OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have been wondering if anyone fasts today. What are your thoughts on fasting?

Thanks,

OneLight

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Sure..it is a great way to concentrate on hearing from the Lord and it is also something the Lord speaks for me to do on occasion ..

good spiritual "weapon"....

I go with out breakfast every day. Yet, I am so busy I do not set aside any time for deep prayer, but I do worship him as I go through my morning tasks. God has been calling me to fast and pray for a deeper walk with Him. I think something is on the horizon and I'm not sure if it is for just me or for all Christians. This is one of the reasons I am asking, to see if others have been called.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

hay brother good point and i hope this stays on cource

know coming to your question who fasts today i do the people in my prayer meeting do and sevral of our members do this as wel so far we have been going over an 8 week course wear we as a group of people have been crying out to god to restor what has been alowed to sneek into the church last night we had a survey done to build on the strengths over 27 of us took part in this it gives our pastors an idea on what to work on and see the strengths of the church and the weak nesses

when i fast for my self i wil say go a 4 days due to working threw the week i need my strength with the work i do but threw the holidays i wil do it for a week its good for the soul as this cleans out all the gunk and also it draws you close to your father in heaven

my partner in the philippines does this but they have a building they use in the mountains wear she lives and when they go to this building to fast they leave all mobils at home and wil spend a whole week or two weeks fasting and lifting things up to god

i have a friend in papua newginia that does this as well

i am just about to do this in dec with those in our prayer meeting group who have been doing this 8 week course and already i am seeing god is hearing us

thanks brother i hope you get more hits on this topic

from damo

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I do. The longest I have gone is a 3 day fast. We fast to devote ourselves to seeking God's face and voice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I have been thinking about a fast so I can draw closer to the Lord. I am a little scared that I don't have enough disipline.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

I have been wondering if anyone fasts today. What are your thoughts on fasting?

Thanks,

OneLight

I think it is still done today, and have even done so myself. I don't fast often like I should, but I believe He calls you to it for strength to with stand a situation using His strength. We aren't to let our right hand know what our left is doing, but sence you asked.

There was a situation in my life I would not have been able to get through without His strength. The first 5 days fasted no food or water, after just had water, I lasted 20 days, the longest ever before was 5 days. I used my examples from the bible on how I should go about this, Moses, Jesus, 40 days no food or water. Daniel 28 days on veggies because in the kings chamber in babalon. Paul 14 days on the ship, I think he broke his fast because the men would not eat because he wasn't eating after giving the blessing over the food.

I'm stuggling with whether to post this or not, but we wouldn't know about fasting if not for the examples in the bible. We wouldn't know it could still be done today without examples I guess.

Much love in Christ Jesus,

Sister Bridget

I have been thinking about a fast so I can draw closer to the Lord. I am a little scared that I don't have enough disipline.

Start with just a meal and work your way up. Either that, or you can trust the Lord for strength. Just remember, if you fail, you have not committed a sin. God knows your heart and will be pleased.

OneLight

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/20/1983

I do. I fasts on Mondays and Thursdays. My thoughts? I think if applied properly, (meditating on the scriptures, in prayer, or watching and listening to Christian music and testimony), it can be very helpful. It really uplifts the spirit in places we might not even know. I, personally, during my waiting period on the manifestation of my job/career since college graduation, have really tried put it to good use these last few months. I do find myself becoming less irritated about things, that before, I would have been annoyed greatly at.

So it really opens you up spiritually, and affects your mood (in a positive way.)

Edited by Christ_Sheep

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I do...well, I haven't done a fast from food since before I got pregnant, but I have done it, and plan on continuing to do so once my baby's weaned (not a good idea to do it while nursing, either). I think fasting is very beneficial. For one thing, it's a concrete way of practicing a thing we need to do all the time: dying to self.