ajesuschrist_mathetes

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

To assume that the phrase "sons of God" in one context means they same as it does in a different context is a presumption.

In Luke 3 we find a geneology for Jesus, the Son of God. In this geneology, Adam is also called the son of God. Context is needed, not just a similarity in phrasiolgy.

It is not possible for one species to procreate with another in God's creation. God's order is for each to reproduce "after his own kind".

Some of us have been watcing too many sci-fi flix. It all makes for a fascination story, it just isn't in God's order. Angels are asexual according to Jesus. Demons will take on a sexual persona as part of their seductive nature to snare someone, but they themselves so not procreate.

Greg.

OoOouuuuuuu, are you going to be surprised in a couple of years when we start doing exactly what you say is impossible. Genetic studies today are already starting to cross different species into hybreds. They did it in the days of Noah and just as in the days of Noah we are about to do it again.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i sure don't know what to think now! :whistling:

your job scripture, rockstar, seems quite clear and yet & i used to hold to that view but

i can't wrap my thoughts around angels running around down here on earth procreating :blink:

i have concluded that i don't need to think about this any more for now at least :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

It says nothing in Genesis 6 about the sons of God wondering to and from heaven.

i posted Job 1:6 a couple of posts up.

seems like your already in denial before even investigating what im presenting.

how can one advance if they close others people views and not pay attention?

damo1 to exrocstar :whistling:

this is what exrocstar pointed out and i feel you are on the bal if we spend the time to read gods word with out sifting it

Job 1 verse 6 new international version open study bible

one day the angels came to present them selves before the lord and satan also came along with them

7 the lord said to satan wear have you come from satan answerd from roaming the earth and going back and forth in it

the sons of men as described in Gen 6 speaks for its self i do not know how man can even mix up what gen 7 says on the sons of men / days of noah / sons of god as i sat in on a talk done by an old cell group leader and this man had knowledge to back up to what he was saying plus he was a teacher and knew hebrews and greek very well and could even jot down the cymbals to how the people use to write in that time this man took the time to study and he also took the time to learn from some one who new how to write like the people of the time spoken in the bible

so i dare not tried to argue with this man but i sat in and heard what he had to teach though i even loved it when people not grounded in gods word tried to argue with him i would just sit back in the sessions i was asked to sit in with note pad and bible and just keeping as quiet as i can i just listend and watched how he bought these so called experts who only read the bible once back to earth very fast and in his ripe old age he stil does this to this day

it says this in gen 6 verse 3 new international version open study bible

3 the lord said my spirit wil not contend with man for ever for he is mortal his days wil be a hundred and twenty years

4 the nepheilim wear on the earth in those days and also after wood when the sons of god went to the daughters of men and had children by them they wear the heroes of old men of renown

so if satan could do as he pleases and travel to and from heaven and walk this earth as he pleased as in job 1 verse 6 and in verse 7

i hope to learn something from this as i just took the time to go over this thread i do not want to step on no ones toes but i am keen to learn on this topic its been spoken of once as i said but its been a long time since i have sat in on one of these topics

please correct me if am of track i am only human and try not to say i know al the answers but i am wiling to grow and learn my self as i love feeding on gods word and i do read when i am home for 3 hours a day and on weekends i read over 5 hrs this is how i am training my mind and my body

yet so far this topic is very intresting even what greg davis had said and another one as wel

i am keen to learn if you are gentle with me as i have my note pad right next to my computer in my study

thanks from damien

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

i sure don't know what to think now! :24:

your job scripture, rockstar, seems quite clear and yet & i used to hold to that view but

i can't wrap my thoughts around angels running around down here on earth procreating :24:

i have concluded that i don't need to think about this any more for now at least :thumbsup:

no one has asked the million dollar question:

why would angels mix with humans?

Guest Greg Davies
actually Hebrew and Greek make a huge difference.

"Sons of God" is a term used used lets say, in 2000 BC and does not have the same meaning now.

If youre going to conclude that "sons of God" is the same meaning 3000 years later then your not

moving with the times. there are many words that are evolving and we have to look at it in that sense.

You misunderstood my point, sorry, I probably didn't word it clearly. The Luke 3 reference was just an example of how the same phrase can mean something different in a diferent context. Just as the phrase "son of God" can refer to Jesus in one and to Adam in another context and both be true, so the phrase "sons of God" can mean angels in one context and men in another. I think that the similarity between the Luke phase and the phrase we are discussing brought some unintended confusion.

Greg.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

i sure don't know what to think now! :taped:

i can't wrap my thoughts around angels running around down here on earth procreating :taped:

i have concluded that i don't need to think about this any more for now at least :taped:

no one has asked the million dollar question:

why would angels mix with humans?

#1 they wouldn't,#2 they can't and #3 if they could and would why are they not doing it now ,today, in this day and age?

Jude 1:5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

do you have a study bible?

do you have a concordance?

i bolded something for you and feel free to dig into it.

don't cheat your studies but advance by investigating.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Can I gently but firmly move the intent I had re this chain-focussing on "Days of Noah" and what The Lord Jesus told us to look for. Now, ASSUMING we are close to/in/at tail end of that time prophesied. Consider The Holy Bible as a history book with the new heavens and earth already existing with eternity future with us here in the history described. What should we be doing?

What did Lot do in Sodom?

Whether the "sons of God" then were some kind of fallen angels or godly line of Seth or or or. The current state of reality has unclean spirits, demons, principalities, powers, kosmokrators, the devil, etc. to deal with. Maybe this tiny piece of data would help focus us {according to a local Roman Catholic priest that I asked this year, this account is true}:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/42/story_4278_1.html

Father Amorth was not present at the papal exorcism, but said he had performed an exorcism on the girl the previous day. Father Amorth said that after the girl met with the pope, Bishop Danzi and he performed another exorcism that lasted for two hours.

During that exorcism, the priest said, the demon mocked the pope, saying, "Not even your [church] head can send me away."

"This is a case where the possession is very, very strong," said Father Amorth, founder and president of the International Association of Exorcists.

"From what can be foreseen by us exorcists, it will take years of exorcisms" for the girl to be fully cured, he said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please let us not get off topic here about Roman Catholicism/Pope/antichirst/Rome city in book of Revelation, etc

Please let us focus on the magnitude of EVIL that appears to be increasing worldwide and the almost unbelievable suffering.

In large part unrelieved/ignored while the world seems to me to be more and more Sodom-like, maybe especially the USA.

Chattering, being "entertained to death"{got that from Rod Parsley's "Silent No More" book recently published}.

For example-in 1999 was reported babies being aborted, drowned when abortions didn't work, then having their body parts sold around the world. True. This was the Scripture I was led to back then:

Jer 2:9

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

To assume that the phrase "sons of God" in one context means they same as it does in a different context is a presumption.

In Luke 3 we find a geneology for Jesus, the Son of God. In this geneology, Adam is also called the son of God. Context is needed, not just a similarity in phrasiolgy.

It is not possible for one species to procreate with another in God's creation. God's order is for each to reproduce "after his own kind".

Some of us have been watcing too many sci-fi flix. It all makes for a fascination story, it just isn't in God's order. Angels are asexual according to Jesus. Demons will take on a sexual persona as part of their seductive nature to snare someone, but they themselves so not procreate.

Greg.

OoOouuuuuuu, are you going to be surprised in a couple of years when we start doing exactly what you say is impossible. Genetic studies today are already starting to cross different species into hybreds. They did it in the days of Noah and just as in the days of Noah we are about to do it again.

The bottom line here is that there is no scriptural proof that the sons of God spoken of in Gen. 6 and the book of Job and the book of Jude are not angels nor is there proof that they are men. But there is proof that these sons of God were able to go to heaven and stand before the throne of God, that they were disobediant to God, that they were more wicked then any other life form on earth, that they mated with human woman, that they are reserved in everlasting chains under darkness until judgment is given and so on.

If these "sons of God" are as you say men and not angels. Shoe some scriptural proof that these sons of God are men.

With no scriptural proof that these sons of God are men. It is an assumption with no scriptural bases to believe they bare men. And assuming anything about scripture results in a false teaching, which is a sin to do so.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

OK i was told to look at this another light i am in the same boat but i feel that god does place his angels around us to protect us many have said this in the fields they have been on mission my partner can even back this up in her own country she goes to this island and wear she has a group of Small believers the rest are into the occult and practice the old customs past from their parents and their grand parents

this one witch froze on the spot mind you my partner was even feeling a bit un safe walking on this island in her country yet she felt as if two people wear watching over her and no harm came to her

also one night their was a festival of some sort in remembrance of a god these people worship she told me the sound system they had just shut down on them even the lights went out in the hall

i am a strong believer in what it says in gen 6 and about the sons of god lf they could travel like this and Satan also could do this what is stopping god know from doing this exact thing know in 2007

think of the people that have come into your life think of the times you your self wear going of the tracks who was it that was looking out for you i am very sure their would have been very difficult situations people found them selves in

i can also say in the life style i was so use to living the fast cars the drugs and the drug dealer i knew and also of my involvement in dealing in drugs some one was watching over me as i should be dead with the amount of heroin i shot into my veins and the amount of speed i took and the number of times i smoked pot and hash

i sort of use to think to my self i am lucky to be alive or some one is watching over me or i have an angel watching over me

in 2001 when god shook me up i am very sure their was an angel right next too me when i was about to kill a drug dealer i should be in jail instead i am a changed man as i felt this inner voice say let go of his throat and i felt this warmth come over me honestly i did not want to let go of this dealer i wanted to teach him a lesson and i did i put fear into this man he no longer is a stand up man and when i do travel threw this small red neck country town when he sees me he hides or runs and does not say a word

we can not say this is not true when the evidence is right in front of us i did a lot of research on this and i asked a lot of Questions and i had an open mind when i did this

and i was told by my friend who i mentioned in my post hear that this can still happen to this day we just do not allow our selves to have an open mind to wear we are willing to be open to such things as this and what is being talked about know

and i am very sure if you wear to sit back and honestly ask the holy spirit i am very sure he Will show you wear god him self sent his angels to watch over you in your times of need

never say never learn to have an open mind and a teach able spirit when it comes to talks like this

god bless from your brother in the lord damien

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Can I gently but firmly move the intent I had re this chain-focussing on "Days of Noah" and what The Lord Jesus told us to look for. Now, ASSUMING we are close to/in/at tail end of that time prophesied. Consider The Holy Bible as a history book with the new heavens and earth already existing with eternity future with us here in the history described. What should we be doing?

What did Lot do in Sodom?

Whether the "sons of God" then were some kind of fallen angels or godly line of Seth or or or. The current state of reality has unclean spirits, demons, principalities, powers, kosmokrators, the devil, etc. to deal with. Maybe this tiny piece of data would help focus us {according to a local Roman Catholic priest that I asked this year, this account is true}:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/42/story_4278_1.html

Father Amorth was not present at the papal exorcism, but said he had performed an exorcism on the girl the previous day. Father Amorth said that after the girl met with the pope, Bishop Danzi and he performed another exorcism that lasted for two hours.

During that exorcism, the priest said, the demon mocked the pope, saying, "Not even your [church] head can send me away."

"This is a case where the possession is very, very strong," said Father Amorth, founder and president of the International Association of Exorcists.

"From what can be foreseen by us exorcists, it will take years of exorcisms" for the girl to be fully cured, he said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please let us not get off topic here about Roman Catholicism/Pope/antichirst/Rome city in book of Revelation, etc

Please let us focus on the magnitude of EVIL that appears to be increasing worldwide and the almost unbelievable suffering.

In large part unrelieved/ignored while the world seems to me to be more and more Sodom-like, maybe especially the USA.

Chattering, being "entertained to death"{got that from Rod Parsley's "Silent No More" book recently published}.

For example-in 1999 was reported babies being aborted, drowned when abortions didn't work, then having their body parts sold around the world. True. This was the Scripture I was led to back then:

Jer 2:9