• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

we use to do the same in my country around easter instead of getting chocklate easter eggs we would boil up eggs and i would sit with my grand mother and my mothers side painting the eggs once they cooled down and this was our easter of course we had a pig on the spit and the whole village celebrated this together even though it was a war torn country we made the very best of things as some of the older folk use to make woden toys like a train or a man or something that a child would enjoy our village was not a wel of village but the people wear very warm and welcoming and us kids use to go house to house as we new the people in our village every one new me and whoes child i was when i was born in osijec that is my villages name in yougoslavia wear i lived

and it was like this around christmas as we had christmas in the midle of winter with snow on the ground and right up to the main windows of my great grandfathers farm we wear all llving on we made do with what we had

i was given a shot gun at the age of 5yrs old and i would go out with my great grandfather when he went hunting as we had bears comming in out of the woods threw spring when winter would end

i woke up that sata was fake as i cought out my own mother hidding our pressents that her parents and her brother had given her to buy us we wear not that rich but mums side looked after us as they helped her brother which is my uncle look after his kids when he did settle down with an australian women it was me my mother my father my mothers father and mother and her brother and my own father that came to australia when the goverment of australia was caling in for skilled workers my mothers side setled in mascot and had an appartment right next to each other and used walkie talkies to comunicate together as they could not aford to put the ph on until my uncle got a good paying job wear he was able to support his parents then my mothers father who was my second great grand father got work in a glas factory making glass

i woke up and saw my own mother putting the pressents under the tree we had lollies and lights on our tree and each year this was done but dad would get very drunk and he was the one who created a lot of trouble to wear no longer mums side wanted to have christmas with us and this is what i use to hate as a child it would bring the worse out of people always around christmas come new year everything was forgotten and this is how it would always be

then me and my sister who was born hear in australia learnt wear the pressents wear always hidden no matter how hard my mother tried to out smart us and i feel i am not the only one hear that has done this to wear you try to find the pressents we would open them up and then make sure everything was the way it was as we new each year what we wear getting

though as i said its up to the parents how they bring their kids up ethan at the age of 4 pulled santas beard off he showed every kid that this santa in west fields was beard less and then the kids said you are not the real santa what did you do to the real santa so our son knew something fishy was going on

kids are not stupid they wil work things out for them selves in the long run

god bless from your brother in the lord damien

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Just for the record, not all people tell children about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny nor the Tooth Fairy! I certainly haven't and as a teacher of 6 and 7 year olds, I have had to be very careful what I say to them. :whistling:

I hope I will blessed with a wife who thinks like you

What a compliment! Thank you very much Blien! :whistling:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

Just for the record, not all people tell children about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny nor the Tooth Fairy! I certainly haven't and as a teacher of 6 and 7 year olds, I have had to be very careful what I say to them. :)

I hope I will blessed with a wife who thinks like you

I agree that these days should celebrate what is worthy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I'll just raise my hand here :) and add that I'm another parent who didn't do the Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy thing.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

I have a 16 year old daughter, and never had her believe in santa, easter bunny, or tooth fairy. My brother would tell her all kinds of redicules things as she grew older, trying to make her believe stories, we all new were fake, that suposedly happened in our relitives life. Rather than accept what he said, she always came to me asking for the truth, and I always gave it.

This also has been the way things have gone when she has heard things other kids have said at school about stuff. She knows that I will tell here the truth. At times she will question the validity of God, when she shares with me, we talk about it, and why the other religions don't work. If I had told her the lies, would I have this relationship with her that I have? Or would she have believed the doctrine of lies, causeing her much heartache before coming back to the truth, if she would even make it back?

Did she still hunt easter eggs? Yes. Did she still get money under her pillow? Yes. Did she still get presents under the tree? Yes, She just knew the custom/teaching of the hoiday, as also the truth about Halloween, and yes she still dressed up and got candy. We are in this world but not of this world, she just like the rest of us need expereance to judge the truth. If I hide her away and shelter her, how will she stand when I'm no longer there "to teach her in the way that she should go, so that she will not depart from it when she is older"?

Because I have always been open and honest with her, she sees things other kids her age doesn't. When she does talk to them about God, they ask her "how can he be real, santa isn't, it's just more lies grownups tell kids to get them to behave, because we all came from monkeys, just like they were taught in school. If god were real why would they teach evalution?" Remember they have taken god out of the schools, can't pray anymore, or even say the pledge of alegance, unlike when us older people were in school, where is the grounding of god in a young persons life these days?

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

I'll just raise my hand here :) and add that I'm another parent who didn't do the Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy thing.

Shalom,

Same here. Never lied to my children.

Guest shiloh357
I was raised to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and was also raised in Church. I could easily distinguish between the fairy tale Santa and Christ Jesus. It's all in how you raise your kids. I dont see that there's any harm in telling small children about Santa, and then as they grow revealing that there is no Santa. And it doesnt have to be a huge revelation either, it doesnt have to scar children as some would have you believe. It can be done slowly and gradually, until one day you're out Christmas shopping with your kids and all of a sudden they don't believe in Santa anymore. No one has to cry, there are no long term psychological effects, and it certainly doesnt promote Jesus as a fairy tale man.

I have to agree with Thoughtful on this. I was raised on the secular versions of Easter and Christmas and like Thoughtful I was able to divorce fiction from reality when it came time to do so. I just kinda put two and two together and it occurred naturally. I did not feel I had been lied to or anything. Sometimes I think people dwell on making issues out of nonissues.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I was raised to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and was also raised in Church. I could easily distinguish between the fairy tale Santa and Christ Jesus. It's all in how you raise your kids. I dont see that there's any harm in telling small children about Santa, and then as they grow revealing that there is no Santa. And it doesnt have to be a huge revelation either, it doesnt have to scar children as some would have you believe. It can be done slowly and gradually, until one day you're out Christmas shopping with your kids and all of a sudden they don't believe in Santa anymore. No one has to cry, there are no long term psychological effects, and it certainly doesnt promote Jesus as a fairy tale man.

I have to agree with Thoughtful on this. I was raised on the secular versions of Easter and Christmas and like Thoughtful I was able to divorce fiction from reality when it came time to do so. I just kinda put two and two together and it occurred naturally. I did not feel I had been lied to or anything. Sometimes I think people dwell on making issues out of nonissues.

:emot-highfive: and my kids don't think I'm a liar!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:emot-highfive: and my kids don't think I'm a liar!

Two people agree with me????? I don't know what to do with myself.

Don't get excited, it wont last................. :laugh: