OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Yes Onelight - our eyes should be fixed on Christ. It's truly a blessing. I'm just saying that we all have events in our lives that sidestep us temporarily. Doesn't mean it's ok - I'm not saying that - I'm jsut saying that just because some may pop off steam doesn't mean we have to act in kind. Sometimes situations escalate when they don't have to.

BTW - I have very much enjoyed your posts, Onelight. You exhibit the love of Christ right through the monitor. :thumbsup:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

The anger is political and seasonal. We get it close to elections, close to Christmas, and any time that something big is happening in Israel. I think that's becasue George is on the front lines there. When the ministry is doing good work, it gets heated on the boards. When the ministry is under attack in Israel, we are here also.

But you know? The posters here are jsut as real as the people on the street, or in your workplace, or sitting in your church. We sometimes forget that each one has their own battles, their own worries, their own problems. We never know the true extent of the suffering that others may be experiencing, or the grief, or the heartache.

I've been here almost from the beginning. I've seen this place go from heated debates and explosions, to humbling kneeling before the Lord. I've seen people come out of cults and delivered from false beliefs. I've seen wounded people healed from age-old hurts and others encouraged to take a stand for righteousness. I've seen flowers bloom, right here, in this place.

Yes, there is sometimes anger and sometimes harsh words. We try to corral it as much as possible, but truly - people are people. We have to allow themn to be.

I love the family here. I really do. I don't get to post as much as I used to, because of moderating duties - but I do love this place. It has been a blessing to many, especially me.

Exellent Post and Amen..... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

That's a big part of the reason that I don't come here often anymore :thumbsup:

I'm about to take a break myself. I love everyone here, but I can't stand the anger.

OneLight

I hope you don't leave. You have a beautiful heart. If I come on the board here and am in a hurry and don't have time to read all of the new posts, I always take time to read yours. Pray about it before you leave.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to one light

hay brother i hear you and i know what you are saying well i feel i have grown and their have been times wear i wished wear i found my self in heated debates wear the person was face to face having to express your self in cyber space is almost hard as you do not know if by what you are sharing from your own personal experiances or from the heart is realy having an effect i should know as i put up a post stating i was leaving one of the moderating team members deleeted it and sent me a personal pm message telling me to pray and sevral left heart felt replys telling me to stay and fight the good fight and not worry what others might be thinking or try to line your self up with these people

see i am a very honest man brother i never use to be like this i use to be mean i never cared for any one i did as i wanted to do and always thought of my self yet when i was shakken up in 2001 things changed to the point wear i started to realy care i got involved in the farming comunity i live in and this town has been a town wear god also heald me and set me free from my sins and my addictions

i never use to stand up for the weak ones yet know i do and i do this also for those who are non belivers and its rare for a man like my self to care and realy take an intrest in those that alow me to oome into their life as i take my time to get to know the person

hear on this forum i cant see you like i do with the people in my church but i have had to teach my self to read your posts and threw your posts you leave this is wear i have been able to see what god has done in your life and your posts do encourage me brother you are a good man and god is not finished with you he wil use what you have been threw

one thing i have learnt is this when i apply to a topic i wil pray that what i say will have an effect on some one i am so use to doing out reach work brother and i love being out on the streets in this farming comunity ministering and sharing gods word to the troubled youth i have no shame and these troubled young aborigonal youth know that i wil back them up

i have gone to court with one young man and i have stood in the gap for another young person and if i am walking threw the mall and see some one having a good old go at one of these young people i have gotten to know i will put my own neck on the line and i will say something

yes sometimes it can get heated hear brother but we are human as well and i do not want you to leave this forum

you are a good man brother one light and i thank god for putting you into my path

just take some time out spend this with your family only apply to topics wear you can have a say and if some one is having a good old dig at you let it go only say something if this is offending you let the truth come out and do not pull back

i do pray for you and for those that i have gotten to know since i have been hear

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You all have kind and loving words. When I say that I'm thinking of taking a break, I mean just that. Backing off until the heat settles and this board is back to it's loving way, people reaching out to help others in pain, wisdom being typed for others to read that they never had met, encouragement being shed as a beam of light in a storm. This is the Worthy Board that I saw when I came on board. Teaching from the heart for those of us who had not learned.

Am I blinded? I think not. The Spirit put a peace in my heart when I joined. Why, I'm not sure, but He did. I was searching for a group that Love the Lord with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind, and with all their strength. A people who love their neighbor as themselves. I found it here, yet, the past couple of weeks others have brought anger in with their words, typing as if their lives depended on being right at any cost, proving that they are right by demeaning their Brother or Sister. This hurts. Not me as much as the offended and the offender. The one doing the damage is also damaging their own walk and grieving the Spirit at the same time. They are ignoring the gift of the fruits of the Spirit. The offended is left feeling unloved, cast aside and broken. This I see by the Spirit and it grieves me.

I also have great love for all here, those who I look up to, those who I am a peer with and those who will come. None of us are less in Gods eyes and should not be less in ours.

In Gods Love,

Alan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

hello there brother,

Haven't seen you for a while and have been praying for you.

Lets say you have three people going to visit a home...all brother and sisters.

One comes in from the front entrance and stands while talking to the homeowner. He/she saw the living room, couches , hallway and few wonderful pictures on the wall.

Another comes in from the back door, talks to the homeowner. That person looks around and sees the kitchen...stove, refridgerator, and part of the dinnig room and the leaves.

Yet the third came in from the basement area, That person sees the washer, dryer, playroom and laundry.

Now put them all together and have one person ask all three How did the house inside look!!??

You will get different answers and different views...they say the other has no idea what they were talking about because of what they saw and knew and no one person takes anything into consideration . they were all in the same house in different positions. Some have not crucified their flesh. Some need the stimulation to get them to start thinking.

Then there are those who enjoy a good argument.

There are those who need to be right. Prove their points and are righteous in what they see.

Then there is the devil who loves to watch us fight and sends a friend of his.

We are christians here from various beliefs but we all believe in one god, three persons function within the Godhead, The deathe and resurrection of Christ.

Some are pentecostal and some are not...contention can happen.

rapture/no rapture...contention starts.

gifts~~ still in use or not.

Stay away from really heated posts unless you aer really interested.

If you have a terrible problem...please contact someone here... okay.. Love the question.

Even the apostles argued many times and take into the account of all wanted to be at His right hand. Love you...patrticia1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I've not been here very long and I have noticed a sharp change in the threads. I was attracted here because people discussed issues, sometime a little heated, but there was very little name calling and down right anger as I see in new threads lately. Why is this? Have we forgotten to treat each other as we want to be treated? Have we forgotten to love one another?

I miss having an honest discussion where different beliefs are displayed without all the meanness.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

I agree 100%

I left another so called christian forum before joining this one for the same reason and the reason why I was drawn to this site was because it appeared that everyone was able to debate without name calling and putting each other down and for the first week or so it was great but slowly but surely it started getting worse and worse until I finally left this forum as well only checking in twice in the last month or so where before I was here almost everyday.

Some people just feel like their opinion is the only opinion and anybody who has a different one is plain out wrong. So instead of debating a subject it turns into who is more of a christian than who and who knows the bible better than the other person and often name calling starts up.

hello there brother,

Haven't seen you for a while and have been praying for you.

Lets say you have three people going to visit a home...all brother and sisters.

One comes in from the front entrance and stands while talking to the homeowner. He/she saw the living room, couches , hallway and few wonderful pictures on the wall.

Another comes in from the back door, talks to the homeowner. That person looks around and sees the kitchen...stove, refridgerator, and part of the dinnig room and the leaves.

Yet the third came in from the basement area, That person sees the washer, dryer, playroom and laundry.

Now put them all together and have one person ask all three How did the house inside look!!??

You will get different answers and different views...they say the other has no idea what they were talking about because of what they saw and knew and no one person takes anything into consideration . they were all in the same house in different positions. Some have not crucified their flesh. Some need the stimulation to get them to start thinking.

Then there are those who enjoy a good argument.

There are those who need to be right. Prove their points and are righteous in what they see.

We are christians here from various beliefs but we all believe in one god, three persons function within the Godhead, The deathe and resurrection of Christ.

Some are pentecostal and some are not...contention can happen.

rapture/no rapture...contention starts.

gifts~~ still in use or not.

Stay away from really heated posts unless you aer really interested.

If you have a terrible problem...please contact someone here... okay.. Love the question.

Even the apostles argued many times and take into the account of all wanted to be at His right hand. Love you...patrticia1

I agree with what you have said here Sister, but allow me to comment on a few points of your post.

I completely understand your parable about the house and truly accept that others see things different then I do. Never a problem, as long as we can disagree with out hurting each other. In your parable, you mentioned that they all discussed what they saw, not arguing if the house they saw was the correct house and that the others must be blind for they are wrong. There is a difference. Your love shows through.

I have seen more of this lately, not only a friend of the devil, but also twisting a Brother or Sister to a point the he uses us for his gain. We have dropped our Whole Armor of God and entered the arena ready for battle.

Your Brother In Christ,

Onelight

Here is wisdom that Peter wrote to those whom he taught. As I prayed, the Spirit brought these words to my heart. These words describe what I would like to say to all of us, including myself, as we continue reaching to others. We need to remember, that the Gentiles of yesterday are the nonbelievers of today that read our very words and observe our very actions.

1 Peter 2:1-12 NKJV

Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

I've not been here very long and I have noticed a sharp change in the threads. I was attracted here because people discussed issues, sometime a little heated, but there was very little name calling and down right anger as I see in new threads lately. Why is this? Have we forgotten to treat each other as we want to be treated? Have we forgotten to love one another?

I miss having an honest discussion where different beliefs are displayed without all the meanness.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

I've noticed the same trend, but it tends to run in cycles, and I'm not leaving. I'm careful about the threads I read and if they start getting out of hand I stop reading them. There is still discussion to be found, but the anger issue is real also.