• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Damo...thants good to hear your back on track

my relationship with god is not that good right now..there was a time where i was constantly walking in the spirit receiving gods wisdom and seeing his hand in my life...when i started going back to church recently i felt his presence then all of a sudden i didnt feel him anymore and i started to study more and seek him which broght me to asking these sort of questions because they have been messing with my faith as of lately....

in reguards to this debate on this thread u believe that jesus is gods son...but as far as his deity..what do you believe...im curious to know

damo1

high getat 151

i sort of under stand as i took my time before i even decided to step foot into a church and when i was ready i prayed and had a friend praying as well i tried sevral churches out but they were not like my old church as i wanted a chruch that had home fellowship groups and a good out reach to were the church is involved with in the community its settled i just did not want to walk into a church that gives lip service plays al the nice music and its the same with the preaching

my old church had church in the mal that means the pastor believed in bringing the church to the people were you were shakken out of your comfort zones also my old church encouraged new christians to walk in their gifts that god had passed onto them to the point were disciple ship was the main point when ever a new christian gave his or her heart to the lord to were you were placed in a home fellowship group this is were you grow and learn to form healthy relationships with your brothers and sisters in the lord

comming back to your question the way i see what you have asked u believe that jesus is gods son but as far as his diety what do you believe i am curios

this is how i see what you are asking me

Colossians 2 freedom from human regulations through life with christ

9 for in christ all the fulness of the diety lives in bodily form

10 and you who have been given fulness in christ who is the head over every power and authority

11 in him you were also circumcised in the putting of the sin ful nature not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by christ

12 having been buried with him in baptisem and raised with him through your faith in the power of god

who raised him from the dead

13 when you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumscision of your sin ful nature god made you alive with christ

he forgave us all our sins

14 having canceled the written code with its regulations that was against us and that stood opposed to us

he took it away nailing it to the cross

15 and having disarmed the powers and authorities he made a public spectacle of them triumphing

over them by the cross

16 therefore do not let any one judge you by what you eat or drink or with regard to a religous festival

a new moon celebration or a sabath day

17 these are a shadow of the things that were to come the reality how ever is found in christ

18 do not let any one who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqulify you from the prize

such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idol notions

19 he has lost connection with the head from whom the whole body supported and held together by its

ligaments and sinews grows as god causes it to grow

20 since you died with christ to the basic principals of this world why as though you belonged to it do you

submit to its rules

21 do not handle do not taste do not touch

22 these are all destined to perish with us because they are based on human commands and teachings

23 such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom with their self impossed worship their false humility

and their harsh treatment of the body but they lack any value in restraining sensual indolgence

for in fulness of the diety lives in bodily form

this is what amazes me how can this be to were all the fulness of the diety rests in god when jesus is pointing us back to his father jesus always talked about his father not once did jesus say i am god even though those who heard him preach thought he was god

jesus had a hard enough time proving that he was gods son when it tells me the reality how ever is found in christ

i felt sorry for jesus as i realy began to feel for him and what jesus was having to endure

this is how i am seeing this for my self when i say i believe in all of gods word i also belive that the father and his son and the holy spirit work together what ever the father and what ever his son want the holy spirit to reveal to us he will simply obey the holy spirit never steps out of line i also belive that we are one with christ just as he was one with his father

1 John 5

6 this is he who came by water and blood jesus christ not only by water but by water and blood and it is the spirit who bears wittness because the spirit is truth

7 for there are three that bear wittness in heaven the father the word and the holy spirit and these three are one

8 and there are three that bear wittness on earth the spirit the water and the blood and these three agree as one

20 and we know that the son of god has come and given us an understanding that we may know

him who is true and we are in him who is true in his son jesus christ this is the true god and eternal life

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Mutzrein i read post #19 and i believe it corrosponds with what ive already thought about jesus's relationship with the father....

Damo....thanx btw im not really a new christian i recieved salvation/the holy spirit when i was 15 but i walked away from it when my church fell apart and god has been pulling me back all these years but i jus now decided to go back....i cant enjoy this world....the problem is b4 i jus listened to everyone else on what the bible said and never investigated myself.....this question i posted is just one of like 5 questions that have really been bothering me....which will have me studying gods word more...and i will also be asking yo all these questions on this forum.

i think that basically jesus is divine, eternal, and lord and that he was acting on gods accord and had the spirit of god in him therefore he was god to us...he was the manifestation of god...through jesus we understand who god is...without jesus we would not....just like when one is praying for another and they recieve a word of knowledge or word of profecy and speaking out of gods love, wisdom, and knowledge, jesus is speaking through that person.....jesus is in there "midst"

Does this make sense??? wow this is starting to make sense lol

I think god wanted us to practice the things that jesus did because through every step of that we would become more like jesus allowing him to work through us...jus like god worked through jesus...thus explaining how we would become one with jesus how jesus and the father became one....By Spirit....

BTW I love this forum and everybody on it......because all of you actually take the time to understand what you believe in...and you respond with thought out answers......

Praise God! - Yes! Yes! Yes! and yes we are one with Christ in the same way that Jesus and the Father are one - By the Spirit.

Keep searching scripture and keep asking questions. There are some here who know the answers to your questions.

Guest shiloh357
Have you not read my other posts? God created all things through Jesus. Jesus was in heaven before the world was even created. God said, "Let US make man in our image". If there is only one God with three different personalities, then who was he talking to, because we are not created in the image of angels, but of God.

It seems the easiest answer to tell somebody of being wrong is by accusing them of picking and choosing scripture. I have given many scriptures that show that Jesus, God, and the HS are not only separate deities, but also that God calls Jesus a God.

In all my years I heard various definitions of what the "Trinity" is and they are all different from each other, but they all have the same conclusion is that God basically has 3 different personalities that he changes back and forth from. That is wrong.

Thiis wrong. First of all the Bible does not say that Jesus is "A" God. Nowhere does the Bible teach that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are separate Deities. And the doctrine of the trinity does not teach that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are separate personalities. The doctrine of the Trinity claims that they are One God but separate persons ("personalities" communicates a totally different concept).

Imagine a big circle drawn on a piece of paper. Inside that circle are the words "Father, Son and Holy Spirit." That is God. God is not a single person. God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You cannot separate them, and the Bible makes absolutely no attempt to do so. The Bible nowhere treats them as separate Deities.

The Hebrew word "Elohim" has often been used to show a plurality in the Godhead that would support a more polytheistic apporoach, but "Elohim" is not a numeric plural. It is plural of intensity. What I mean is that if you use the Hebrew word "dahm" (blood) to refer to blood on the floor, you would use the singular form of "dahm." But, if you wanted to say there is a lot of blood on the floor, you would use the plural form "dahmim" which in English looks like "bloods" but is grammatically incorrect. In Hebrew, plurals can be used to denote an increase in volume or intensity. Elohim is just such a plural. It means "the great God." It denotes the concept of the God who is ruler over the universe.

In Deuteronomy, we read that God is One. "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE." (Deut 6:4) The word for "one" is the word "Echad" and in this passage it refers to the God being ONE in disctinction to the man pagan gods of the polythesists that Israel was surrounded by. It is also a word that denotes uniqueness. God is ONE and that, in part, makes Him unique to the gods of the pagans.

The Bible teaches that there is only ONE God and therefore, ALL subesequent interpreatations of Scripture must be consistant with what the Bible has already revealed. You simply cannot brush the oneness aside for some pagan idea of Jesus being "A" God. That is nothing short of pagan, polytheism and has no part in the true biblical faith.

Guest shiloh357

The following comes from my study in the Study Groups forum where I started a topic entitled "A Biblical Understanding of Jesus' Deity." For the complete study click on HERE

Jesus Deity Is Seen In The Old Testament

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

(Isaiah 7:14)

This verse speaks of Jesus being born of a virgin. The word for virgin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

I have always seen the trinity as three but the same. Like three computers, one main computer (God) and two other computers hooked to it (Jesus and the Holy Spirit). The two computers don't have there own hard drive they get all their information from the main computer. The two that are hooked to the main look different. Each is set up to do specific task. Though some may argue there are three computers they are truely one computer with three ways to access it. The Jesus computer teaches the people about the main computer (which we can not access without him) and teaches us how to use the other computer (The Holy Spirit.) All three can be doing different task at the same time.

I know this is loose, but it clears up the trinity for me. I have not seen anywhere in the bible that this can't apply to the trinity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Here is what Jesus says of the matter about Himself.

Revelation 1:7-9

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus Himself claims to be Jehovah, God almighty, The creator.

He is the God of the past, the God of the present, and the God which is to come, The Almighty. He was, is, and will always be God Almighty.

In Jesus

kevin

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I found an interesting explanation given by a Rabbi who came to believe in Yeshua (Jesus) as the Messiah:

I was faced with the doctrine of the Trinity. We Jews have a popular monotheistic slogan: Shema Y

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Thats not only interesting, its awesome.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

I spent 13 years in a cult being taught Jesus was not God by the twisting of scripture. When I finally found my way out I so wanted the "truth" .....and knowing the Word says that 'Christ is truth'.. I begged for Him to help me. Help ... "for me" ..came in the form of one main scripture :"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways , says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" Is 55:8 (Showing me that I will never be able to completely understand God and His ways!)... and from an illustration given by a Lutheran pastor when I asked him to explain trinity ...he asked if I knew what a equilateral triangle is... one that all three sides are equal but each side is not the other two...but all three make up the triangle (or Godhead). That made so much more sense to me than all the theological proof...so that now, all the scriptures about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit I am able to accept that all are God.

God ministers to me so much through music and one He uses time and time again contains the words "I don't need to understand I just need to hold His hand"..... Maybe it's because I am a simple person that only needs basic simplicity.

God bless you in you search for answers!

Treasured :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Some people will argue about anything. :noidea: