• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

This link has alot of bible references that support the trinity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Here is another site that will shed light on the Trinity.

The Trinity - The Berean Call

The "us" mention in scripture is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/20/1984

I forgot exactly where, I believe in Isaiah it discusses how Jesus was with God from the beginning... the verse goes something like I was with you when you were founding the earth. He was with God always and God was glorified through him.

Heather

Here is another site that will shed light on the Trinity.

The Trinity - The Berean Call

The "us" mention in scripture is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I was perusing the Bible for a paper I have to write and stumbled upon this verse.

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil."

I underlined the us because, to my understanding, you guys believe that there is only one god. I thought it was a commandment and all. It's Genesis 3 verse 22 if any of you want to look it up.

If I remember correctly, originally Hebrew mythology actually contained a female divinity, but over time she became superseded. is all my one-minute google search came up with, which states that the Jews worshipped the Canaanite Mother Goddess Asherah until approximately 800 BCE.

Not to mention the fact that the whole idea of the Heavenly Host is basically polytheistic in nature, with the angels and saints representing minor divinities.

This is incorrect, my friend. Angels and saints are not representative of "minor divinities". They are simply servants of God, like anyone else who chooses to walk the same path, although I will concede that angels are most likely not human in nature, but on another level entirely. This does not mean that they are "divine" but rather mere servants to the One who is Divine.

As for the Google search, you don't really have to do much searching beyond the Bible. In it, there are many references to the Jewish people choosing to worship other "gods" than the One God they were supposed to be turning their attention to. It's no secret, really. People have been messing this stuff up since the begining.

The Bible makes no secret of those who turned away from God, or those who will in the future. The important lesson is that even the Way out of such confusion is no secret. In fact, it's plain as day: Jesus is our way out, and in.

:emot-highfive:

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I was perusing the Bible for a paper I have to write and stumbled upon this verse.

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil."

I underlined the us because, to my understanding, you guys believe that there is only one god. I thought it was a commandment and all. It's Genesis 3 verse 22 if any of you want to look it up.

God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. One God with three intities just like us. Body, Soul and Spirit or Mind, Heart and Spirit.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life;

but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:35-36

:24:

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Psalms 34:13

To Be Sure

Read The Word

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: Mark 12:29

Know The LORD

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:21-21

Stand On The Only Rock

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. Matthew 7:24-27

Worship The Creator Of All The Heavens

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

;)

Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue. Psalms 120:2

To Be Sure

Believe Not The god Of This World

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

That Angel Was No Angel, You'll Never Be God

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Isaiah 14:12-15

The Bible Never Lied, The Lord our God is one Lord And He Is Jesus The Christ

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:4-6

There Is No Other God - Ever!

Believe Him

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

>>>>><<<<<

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,085
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

na, Then if he made us in the image of angels we would have no chance for redemption , and different bodies that cannot die. If Jesus was made lower than the angels what does that tell us...I widh though it be true..

Good point.

We are not made in the image of angels, but in the image of God. The reason that we are lower than the angels at this point is the limitations of this mortal body. We died when Adam sinned, we put off immortality so to speak and put on the mortal, a body that must die in order to live eternal, and so we must die in order to recieve our immortal bodies.

Jesus (The human nature of Jesus anyway) was also born with the limitations of a mortal body.

If we follow that logic then we would be like God, immortal, omniscience, omnipresent, eternal . . .

I vote for the similarity of the celestial manifestation of God on the throne and the angels . . . one head, two arms, two legs, thinking capable of rational thought, etc., etc.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Now you bring up another question that i have often wondered about. I think of the holy ghost as what talked to the disciples for the three days after Jesus died. But if the Holy Ghost didn't appear until after Jesus died. How is there a triad back in Genesis. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Holy Spirit descended in the form of a dove at Jesus' baptism and the Father was the voice that spoke, so we have the three there present.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I may be incorrect, but I think thesorgo is implying that the Holy Ghost's first apearance is after Jesus's ascension. This is not the first time that the HS is mentioned, nor is it the first time the HS "appeared" in the Bible. The HS was not a result of what happened at the Cross, but rather was sent to help the Apostles as a result.

The HS has always been a part of what we know to be God and was not a product of the crucifixion.

:emot-pray:

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I may be incorrect, but I think thesorgo is implying that the Holy Ghost's first appearance is after Jesus's ascension. This is not the first time that the HS is mentioned, nor is it the first time the HS "appeared" in the Bible. The HS was not a result of what happened at the Cross, but rather was sent to help the Apostles as a result.

The HS has always been a part of what we know to be God and was not a product of the crucifixion.

:emot-pray:

t.

I agree. Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said "Behold the man is become like one of Us, to know good and evil: etc

The Holy Spirit is the same as the Spirit of God. The difference between the old and new testaments is the the Spirit of God only "rested upon people" in the old testament. But in the new testament the Spirit of God dwells within us verses upon us.