IGNORED

Will we be here when the AntiChrist rises?

Near

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

I was kind of confused on this topic, because when I read Revelation, I am always wondering if we will be here when the AntiChrist comes and the One World Government rises. I think Armeggedon will begin when Gog Magog wages war with Israel (I think, lol).

If he is going to rise at the time of our being here, what will we do? I am really curious, I need to read Revelation though (again), lol, but any other insight is welcome!

Near

Hi Near,

I believe the one who is to come is already in this world, and Satan's work is being done in this world to prepare the way for this evil one.

2 Thessalonians 2:6-8

6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

It is not the church that retrains this one from being revealed, and I do not believe the Holy Spirit is taken away eiher. I believe the Holy Spirit releases the restraining power He had on the one who is to be revealed, the Holy Spirit does not leave for the Lord say's He will send a comforter which will guide us into understanding the truth. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, so if He has left during the tribulation then none will be saved during that time.

When the ultimate Anti - Christ comes to power we will not be here to see that for God has promised that in His word. The time and rise of this Anti - Christ is mentioned in Daniel 9:27, which is the final week in the 70 week period mentioned. he hour of trial that comes on the whole world in Revelation 3:10, God's word I truth and I believe when He say's He will keep us from this hour He means He will keep us from it.

What I suggest you do as you read Revelation is read all other passages that concern the end times. I find this sight a great resource when studying the word of God. http://www.biblegateway.com/

All you need to do is type in a word and it will bring up all verses with that word, there are other resources you can use with this site but I just use the passage search and keyword search. I hope it comes in handy for you. If you need any other info just PM and I would be happy to help. Plus there are different translations aswell which helps.

God Bless :whistling:

Why is it that when ever some one uses 2 Thess. 2 they always leave out verses 1-5 where it says that the "day of Christ" will not come unless there is a falling "departure from the faith" IE the Christan faith and the man of sin is revealed to be the son of perdition. To say that verses 6-8 tell us that we won't be here when the antichrist comes is a direct contradiction to what verses 1-5 say and the bible does not contradict its self.

The idea is that this "HE" who restrains in verse 6 is supposed to be the church but there is no scriptural proof of any kind that tells us that the restrainer is the church. So to believe that the restrainer in verse 6 is the church is an assumption with no proof and the bible doesn't lead us to assume anything.

The fact of the matter is that there is already one who fights evil in the spirit realm and he will stand up for the people of God to fight against satan and his angels in Rev. 12:7-9. His name is Michael the Arch Angel and we know he has been fighting against satan in the spirit realm since the book of Daniel. When the dragon/satan and his angels are cast down to the earth and there is no place found for them in heaven, that is when the antichrist will make himself known to the world. That is when he will begin to implement the mark of the beast. That is when he will bring peace to the middle east. That is when he will have a new temple built on the temple mount. That is when he will claim to be the true son of God and that is when he will set out to conquer the hearts and minds of the people of God as well as the rest of the world. Rev 6:2. Which is when the falling away (departure from the faith) will take place. And we will be here to see the whole thing until the antichrist sits in the holy of holies in the new temple and declares himself to be God. That is when the wrath of God comes to earth and we are taken out.

Hi Massorite,

Okay let's have a look at the whole verses from 1-8

2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

The Great Apostasy

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

Now why was this letter written by Paul to the Thessalonians? The reason it was written was because people were sending letters and saying the Lord had come, the Thessalonians were worried about loved ones who had passes away.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

This is true the Lord will not return unless there is a great falling away from the faith and the son of perdition is revealed. But is not the church that stops the son of perdition from being revealed it is the oly Spirit that is restraining him. The Holy Spirit removes the retraint He has on the son of perdition so that he maybe revealed for who he really is.

No. the Holy Spirit is not removed from theworld either, He is the one that convicts the world of sin.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

Paul asks the Thessalonians do they not remember about these things I spoke to you once before about them. aul is recalling to their mind once again what he had said on a previous visit.

6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Even the above verses have nothing to do with the rapture of the church, Paul isjust reminding the Thessalonians of what restrains the son of perdition and until the Holy Spirit takes that restraint away he can not be revealed. Then once he has been revealed the Lord will destroy him with the breath of His mouth.

Revelation 19:17-20

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven,

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I was kind of confused on this topic, because when I read Revelation, I am always wondering if we will be here when the AntiChrist comes and the One World Government rises. I think Armeggedon will begin when Gog Magog wages war with Israel (I think, lol).

If he is going to rise at the time of our being here, what will we do? I am really curious, I need to read Revelation though (again), lol, but any other insight is welcome!

Near

Hi Near,

I believe the one who is to come is already in this world, and Satan's work is being done in this world to prepare the way for this evil one.

It is not the church that retrains this one from being revealed, and I do not believe the Holy Spirit is taken away eiher. I believe the Holy Spirit releases the restraining power He had on the one who is to be revealed, the Holy Spirit does not leave for the Lord say's He will send a comforter which will guide us into understanding the truth. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, so if He has left during the tribulation then none will be saved during that time.

When the ultimate Anti - Christ comes to power we will not be here to see that for God has promised that in His word. The time and rise of this Anti - Christ is mentioned in Daniel 9:27, which is the final week in the 70 week period mentioned. he hour of trial that comes on the whole world in Revelation 3:10, God's word I truth and I believe when He say's He will keep us from this hour He means He will keep us from it.

What I suggest you do as you read Revelation is read all other passages that concern the end times. I find this sight a great resource when studying the word of God. http://www.biblegateway.com/

All you need to do is type in a word and it will bring up all verses with that word, there are other resources you can use with this site but I just use the passage search and keyword search. I hope it comes in handy for you. If you need any other info just PM and I would be happy to help. Plus there are different translations aswell which helps.

God Bless :laugh:

Why is it that when ever some one uses 2 Thess. 2 they always leave out verses 1-5 where it says that the "day of Christ" will not come unless there is a falling "departure from the faith" IE the Christan faith and the man of sin is revealed to be the son of perdition. To say that verses 6-8 tell us that we won't be here when the antichrist comes is a direct contradiction to what verses 1-5 say and the bible does not contradict its self.

The idea is that this "HE" who restrains in verse 6 is supposed to be the church but there is no scriptural proof of any kind that tells us that the restrainer is the church. So to believe that the restrainer in verse 6 is the church is an assumption with no proof and the bible doesn't lead us to assume anything.

The fact of the matter is that there is already one who fights evil in the spirit realm and he will stand up for the people of God to fight against satan and his angels in Rev. 12:7-9. His name is Michael the Arch Angel and we know he has been fighting against satan in the spirit realm since the book of Daniel. When the dragon/satan and his angels are cast down to the earth and there is no place found for them in heaven, that is when the antichrist will make himself known to the world. That is when he will begin to implement the mark of the beast. That is when he will bring peace to the middle east. That is when he will have a new temple built on the temple mount. That is when he will claim to be the true son of God and that is when he will set out to conquer the hearts and minds of the people of God as well as the rest of the world. Rev 6:2. Which is when the falling away (departure from the faith) will take place. And we will be here to see the whole thing until the antichrist sits in the holy of holies in the new temple and declares himself to be God. That is when the wrath of God comes to earth and we are taken out.

Hi Massorite,

The Great Apostasy

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

Now why was this letter written by Paul to the Thessalonians? The reason it was written was because people were sending letters and saying the Lord had come, the Thessalonians were worried about loved ones who had passes away.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

This is true the Lord will not return unless there is a great falling away from the faith and the son of perdition is revealed. But is not the church that stops the son of perdition from being revealed it is the oly Spirit that is restraining him. The Holy Spirit removes the retraint He has on the son of perdition so that he maybe revealed for who he really is.

No. the Holy Spirit is not removed from theworld either, He is the one that convicts the world of sin.

Paul asks the Thessalonians do they not remember about these things I spoke to you once before about them. aul is recalling to their mind once again what he had said on a previous visit.

Even the above verses have nothing to do with the rapture of the church, Paul isjust reminding the Thessalonians of what restrains the son of perdition and until the Holy Spirit takes that restraint away he can not be revealed. Then once he has been revealed the Lord will destroy him with the breath of His mouth.

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven,

Isa, I am thankful for your words. I am a born again Christain and have this unquenchable fire, love, need for God in my life. But I am also a sinner, I hate my sin, but never the less I sin.

I have been strugling with the fear that when Christ returns I will be rejected because I don't know enough and because I have not gained victory over all the sin in my life, because I make the wrong choises in different situations.

I want so much to beleive that when I asked Jesus into my life at 22, that he said Yes and not No because I'm going to mess up down the road.

Hi Kitty1,

There is nothing we can do once we are saved that would cause the Lord to reject us, or cast us aside. We are not perfect, we are falable human beings and God knows that, that is why He sent His perfect infalable Son. So that all who believe that He is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for our sin shall be saved. There are no if buts or whatevers with the grace of God once saved by God's grace always saved by God's grace.

Ephesians 2:8-10

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanshipcreated in Christ Jesus, for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

When we are saved we are still sinners but forgiven sinners, I am not saying we have a licence to sin. No we as imperfect humans will continue to sin, in thought in deed of action whatever way. We must try our best to please God, I will as children of God is to please Him in all that we say and do. Sometimes we slip up, when we do wemust ask God to forgive us and He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God will not leave you behind my beloved sister He has made a promise to us all and if we believe in His beloved Son and call on Him we shall be saved.

Romans 5:9

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

We are saved from God's wrath and we are also saved from the hour of trial that comes on the whole world, which is the seven years of tribulation.

Revelation 3:10

10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

As christians we always have that doubt in our minds, did I confess my sin to the Lord the right way, am I truly saved, these are just taunts of Satan to make you feel you are not good enough to be saved. Well he is right we are not good enough, but God loved us even though we were sinners and sent His Son to die for us.

Romans 5:10

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Stand firm in your faith until the end, whether it be you are taken from this world by death or you are raised up in life, stand firm I say my beloved sister and resist the devil and his torments of the soul.

James 4:7

7Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

God will never let you go once you are in His hand and there is nothing that can take you out of His hand not even something you do yourself.

Romans 8:37-39

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It is God's love that keeps you in His hand and there is nothing stronger than the love of God that can take you out of His hand.

God Bless

Isa

Near

Hi Near,

God Bless :laugh:

Hi Massorite,

The Great Apostasy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Isa's agenda has nothing to do with christianity,she wants to infect others with false beliefs.

I do not buy her ''were all brothers deal'',I am not a part of her false escapism religion.

I am a true follower of the true Christ,Jesus my Lord,the real Jesus of the New Testament.

I will not compromise his truth,nor stand idoly by why others pervert his word.

Questioning another's faith is, supposedly, not allowed. It's very unChristian to judge others this way and setting yourself above others is just egotistical. This is a free country, last time I looked. ;)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Who are the saints.

You have Old Testament Saints

You have New Testament Saints (the church) From the time Christ was crucified. John the Baptist is an Old testament saint.

You have Tribulation Saints these are the ones who Revelation 13 and Revelation 14 are speaking of.

The tribulation saints will need to have patience and faith and endure to the end when the Lord returns.

The church (the bride of Christ) will not go through the tribulation God has promised that to the bride of Christ. On the other hand they will return with the Lord when He comes back to the earth and stands on the Mount of Olives. Revelation 19 the bride is already in heaven prepared and those saints who have come out of the tribulation will join the bride and they together will return with the Lord.

Revelation is plain to understand if you allow the Holy Spirit to open the word to you.

1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

The word of God is truth.

John 8:32

And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

Trust the word and allow the Holy Spirit to work with in you as your guide. That is why he was sent here to guide us into truth and understanding.

Thank you soooo much Isa!

Yes, the Word of God is the plain, simple truth! ^.^

Whenever I read the Bible, my heart warms and I am so happy, even when I read Revelation!

I am going to be so happy when God returns to take us back to Him! I will be hugging Jesus so much my arms are going to fall off, and God too! ;)

Dear Near , as a side note about three years ago I was full of doubt and confusion mainly because of "my " interpretation of the scriptures what I did not perceive was who I was then someone told three steps to know who i was because when i see this then the rest of Gods word will begin to clarify so here we go ----

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD BUT STUDY THE SCRIPTURES

1 read Romans 1 - 8 this explains who we are in Gods plans

2 galatians 1-3 this explains the dangers of being persuaded away from themystery that was the gospel of the dispensation of grace given to

Paul by Christ

3 colossians1-3 yhis explains what Christ achieved yhrough His blood on the cross

We are reconciled to God not by our works or by so called keeping the law or being good for this only feeds the flesh we are saved by the sacrifice of Christ at calvary followed by His death and ressurection and only that

please read also 1 Cor : 18 - 30

God is not the author of confusion we have the Gospel of salvation for the world today given to Paul once again the book of revelation is for those who are not of the church the body of christ but will find salvation through the kingdom message as prophecied in many of the minor prophets and in Matthew . as an afterthought Revelation contains ever 800 prophecies prophecied by jewish prophets for the hebrew people when we as Gentiles were outside of the commonwealth of God please SEarch these scriptures do not takr anybody 's word only Gods

Dear Near , as a side note about three years ago I was full of doubt and confusion mainly because of "my " interpretation of the scriptures what I did not perceive was who I was then someone told three steps to know who i was because when i see this then the rest of Gods word will begin to clarify so here we go ----

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD BUT STUDY THE SCRIPTURES

1 read Romans 1 - 8 this explains who we are in Gods plans

2 galatians 1-3 this explains the dangers of being persuaded away from themystery that was the gospel of the dispensation of grace given to

Paul by Christ

3 colossians1-3 yhis explains what Christ achieved yhrough His blood on the cross

We are reconciled to God not by our works or by so called keeping the law or being good for this only feeds the flesh we are saved by the sacrifice of Christ at calvary followed by His death and ressurection and only that

please read also 1 Cor : 18 - 30

God is not the author of confusion we have the Gospel of salvation for the world today given to Paul once again the book of revelation is for those who are not of the church the body of christ but will find salvation through the kingdom message as prophecied in many of the minor prophets and in Matthew . as an afterthought Revelation contains ever 800 prophecies prophecied by jewish prophets for the hebrew people when we as Gentiles were outside of the commonwealth of God please SEarch these scriptures do not takr anybody 's word only Gods

one more verse we can all quote john 3 :16 but verse 17 is critical and allwe have to do is believe

Dear Isa and Kitty , never doubt what Christ achieved on the cross through His blood . We were reconciled to God on that day People who say that the grace message is tooeasy and that we must do things in order to please God really do not understand the cost of the death of Christ . God is Love and he loves us so much that He knew even before He created us that Christ would have to die on that cross . Christ suffered so we would not have to and fine if one wants to believe that they can achieve salvation any other way than through the gospel of the dispensation of grace then let them continue but when someone believes in Christ as their Lord and Savior then they are immediately sealed by the Holy Ghost and Christs seed is in us God looks at each one and no longer are we alien to Him but each one of His saints are perfect in His eyes not our perfection but yhe perfection of His Son CHRIST WHO DIED FOR OUR SINS SO WE CAN REST IN HIS ASSURANCE AND HAVE PEACE IN THE LOVE OF GOD OUR FATHER. READ COLOSSIANS CH 1-3 AND GALATIANS 1 - 3 and EPHESIANS 3 AND KNOW THE LOVE OF GOD THAT YOU HAVE "NOW"

AND FOR ETERNITY

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO DENY THAT WE HAVE SUCH A LOVING GOD AND WANT TO PUY FEAR INTO OUR HEARTS BY CONSTANTLY GIVING THE IMPRESSION THAT GODS WRATH IS UPON US HE REALLY LOVES US THE ONLY QUESTION HE WILL ASK IS DO YOU BELIEVE IN MY SON ? OUR SINS ARE NO LONGER AN ISSUE AS FAR AS HE IS CONCERNED BECAUSE CHRIST HAS PAID IN FULL FOR MY SINS AND YOURS .