WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

has she professed a commitment and belief to God? because if not, then she serves the exact same master that romney serves. i know all about what mormons do and believe by the way. my son in law is one, and my daughter seems to be becoming brainwashed. please keep her in your prayer.

You obviously know nothing at all about Hillary Clinton. She has indeed professed a belief in God and accept Christ as her savior. She is a Methodist. Has been her entire life. People that know her privately will tell you that she is actually very devout, yet private, about her beliefs. She even used to occasionally give sermons at prominent Methodist churches back in Arkansas when Bill was governor there.

You guys act like if someone doesn't think just like yall do that they can't be Christian. That really is offensive. Other Christians don't walk around telling Conservative Evangelicals and Fundamentalist Christians that they are not true Christians because of their literalist beliefs, politics, and interpretations of scripture. I don't get on here and argue that Charismatics are not real Christians or Young Earth Creationists are not real Christians. There are 2 billion Christians in this world. They all have different views on a wide range of issues, but that in and of itself does not make them any less Christian than anyone else is.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I challenge you to have a Mormon missionary come to your home and give you the plan of salvation. They know the plan of salvation through Jesus Christ as well as you and I. Most of the time they don't even go into their doctrines until their 2nd or 3rd visit. I know a couple of missionaries who don't even mention the Joseph Smith part of mormonism until the 3rd visit with someone. In Fact...they don't even bring out the book of mormon UNTIL they have preached the plan of salvation out of the Holy Bible.

I wouldn't go so far as to invite cult members into my home. I know they read the Bible, sure, but they don't believe in the literal Word. The book of mormon is in the same pit as the qu'ran, as far as I'm concerned. I maintain that a candidate that believes in the nonsense taught in the mormon church is not fit to lead. Not because he's unintelligent or incapable but because he's deceived. And that's my opinion. :th_praying:

just curious... how is one fit to lead if they believe the nonsense that God condones homosexuality, or that women have the right to slaughter their unborn children, even up to full term gestation? that's stuff the world has taught them, and they're foolish enough to believe. what makes them any more fit than someone who is gullible enough to believe in joseph smith?

just curious... how is one fit to lead if they believe the nonsense that God condones homosexuality, or that women have the right to slaughter their unborn children, even up to full term gestation? that's stuff the world has taught them, and they're foolish enough to believe. what makes them any more fit than someone who is gullible enough to believe in joseph smith?

How are you fit to lead if you knowingly lie to your country to start a war?

How are you fit to lead if you veto healthcare for poor children?

How are you fit to lead if you gut the EPA and thus turn a blind eye to polluters trashing creation?

How are you fit to lead if you veto Federal Stem Cell Research while praising In-vitro Fertilization a practice that results in tens of thousands of embryos being incinerated or flushed down a sink every year?

President Bush is set to go down in history as one of our worst, divisive, and most incompetent presidents. He is fit to lead, but a Democrat isn't? Don't act like your choosing to vote Republican is any more moral or righteous than someone choosing to vote Democrat.

First of all, you cannot prove Bush lied to get us into a war. He went with what the intelligence agency told him, and based on that, removed Sadaam Husein.

Really?

Study: False statements preceded war

WASHINGTON - A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

The study was posted Tuesday on the Web site of the Center for Public Integrity, which worked with the Fund for Independence in Journalism. White House spokesman Scott Stanzel said he could not comment on the study because he had not seen it.

The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period. It found that in speeches, briefings, interviews and other venues, Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to produce or obtain them or had links to al-Qaida or both.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_...rmation_study_4

Secondly, he supported healthcare for poor children. Democrats were trying to raise the ceiling well above the poverty rate, in an attempt to incrementally begin government sponsored health care.

You obviously don't even know the purpose behind SCHIP. Children below the poverty line are already covered under Medicaid. SCHIP is a block grant designed to cover children whose parents earn to much to fall under Medicaid, but not enough to be able to afford to insure their children. The levels that which Bush wanted to renew it at would not even cover all the children currently covered, and would leave millions of children uninsured.

We can go around and around on this. My point is that a Christian can find good reasons to support either party, and good reasons not to.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

No, sorry. They are not "totally" unbiblical. They do exhibit quite a few extra-biblical beliefs that are no where near Christian, thats for sure...but quite frankly, so do MANY of the people here at WB who claim to be Christians.

They reject the trinity. They believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirt are three separate beings with the same purpose. That is every bit as heretical to Christianity as Islam is. Regardless of what their beliefs are in regards to salvation, or for that matter, anything else, if you reject the trinity, then you reject the Christian God.

I already said they believe extra-biblical things that are nowhere near Christian...thank you for proving me right. For the record there are PLENTY of people on these forums that don't believe in the Trinity and claim to be Christian. Mormons also believe that baptism is required for salvation...as do many here at WB. They do however hold to some Christian principles and morals so its not true that they are "totally" unbiblical.

""All mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; and thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God" (Mosiah 27:25