• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I think that all sin grieves God, but if we look back into the Law we can see that there were different punishments to different sins, and not surprisingly God's ideas of what was punishable by death is different than what we think of today as a really bad sin. For instance Leviticus 20:10 says:

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

That's a little harsher than we look at it today! Other sins could be forgiven by offering certain sacrifices. Some He required restitution to the injured party. And, too, He was very specifice about how worship was to be done and He was to be respected.

Well, I'm not saying that we need to follow the Law, but I do think that we can learn more about the way God thinks by learning what He told Moses in giving the Law.

I'm just so very, very thankful that Jesus is my sacrifice and my example.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

YES.

Guest Biblicist

While I do not believe that any sin should be tollerated. And in Glory, all sin will keep us from Heaven [save for blaspheme of the Holy Spirit] unless covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

OK, where was I going with that? :laugh:

Oh, right, I do believe that punishment, earthly punishement, should fit the "crime". We are commanded to hold other's accountable for their sins. Those who are in sin should be rebuked in front of the congregation so that other's will take warning. (1 Timothy 5:20) That's why we have the courts systems, so that we can rightly divide the truth and judge sin accordingly. Two or three witnesses. It is also why we should "judge" Christians in church and not in the secular court systems. Again, submitting to the authority of the Church Christ set up for our protection. Christians judged within the church will be protected from the harsh judgement of the outside world. (1 Corinthians 6)

Gee, I sure hope no one covered this already, if they have, my apologies. :laugh:

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

:thumbsup:

Is one sin is greater then another?

:blink:

Too Deep For Me

I Do Know All Sin Is Against God

"Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.

Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die." 2 Samuel 12:9-13

And We Must Be Perfect

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matthew 5:44-48

Which Is Impossible

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27

But For Grace

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

:laugh:

A Picture Of Sin

"And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived." Numbers 21:5-9

And Of Grace

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:14-15

:laugh:

Sin Conviction

"Of sin, because they believe not on me;" John 16:9

Sin Against Conviction

"Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:" Mark 3:28-29

:)

Dear Sister Sometimes When I Think On This Sin Stuff It Just Scares Me Silly!

So I Run Straight To The Feet Of My LORD

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalms 139:23-24

And I Take Comfort In His Word

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." Psalms 42:1-5

Because He Is Faithful

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

And He Is Able

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

[25] To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude 1:24-25

He Is Worthy

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:11

Oh How I Love Jesus

Because He First Loved Me

:)

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe