etc.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

An earlier post said the vending machine was in Atascadero, interestingly, the location of a state hospital for the criminally insane. There has to be more to this story as a vending machine unsupervised makes no sense.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

It was on CNN a couple of nights ago. This video, ignore the first 30 seconds, does not indicate where the machines are in LA, but it does tell of the company that owns them. You could check their site. Medical Marijuana on CNN.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  1

I'm apalled at how many people are willing to accept marijuana addiction as no big thing. A worthless, apathetic pothead is a societal problem and it is in society's best interests to address. There's a group of people called the working middle class, the backbone of this nation. If everyone was stoned all the time from one drug or another, our productivity would decrease. Not to mention all the financial problems that come with medical treatment and social programs for the worthless amongst us already, we cannot afford to allow our society to self destruct. Why do we feel it is so important to intervene when someone is about to commit suicide, but will stand idly by while that same person lives a self destructive life that will have the same end result.

<disgusted>

Justin, are you living a bubble? Probably half the working class backbone of this nation smokes pot. I just think that a lot of people would be amazed at the shear number of people in this country that smoke pot. I have when I was younger, I don't now, and I would not if it were legal. I don't think people should do it. However, the fact that its illegal does not stop the vast majority of those that want to smoke pot from doing so.

If we were going to start legislating behavior based upon the costs to society then we would start with obesity. After all, as a demographic obese people present a far larger cost to society, in the form of higher medical insurance rates for all of us, high costs for disability, and higher medicare costs, than marijuana use does. Yet no one thinks we should be telling people how much they can eat in their own home, or legally mandating them to exercise. However, for some reason people think its ok to tell adults they can't smoke marijuana.

You always rant against totalitarianism, well if what you are advocating is not totalitarianism then I don't know what is.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Marijuana from a medical point of view is supposed to be pretty effective in reducing nausea and some the side effects of chemotherapy for cancer patients.

To take it a step further though, why is it anyone's business whether or not an adult chooses to smoke pot?

I gotta agree with your first statement, it is also pretty effective for pain relief.

As for your second (question, rather) the answer is simple: It is in the government's (all governments I guess) interest to dictate the terms of marijuana use because it is very lucrative for the government to control the growing and distribution. And they must make a fortune in "fines" from it. Plus there's the rush that having the power over people that this provides, for "law enforcement officers".

I can't really comment on the situation in the US, but here the situation is amazing. My friend has lived with her husband on the proceeds of his marijuana crop for 20 years. According to her "the police will look the other way as long as he continues to pay taxes on the crop". Her husband puts his occupation on all "official forms" as "Market Gardener".

So it's all about money, and greed of course, as well as a few power trips.

I feel like reading "High" magazine here. I hope you not a proponnent of something illegal here, self-destructive, pathway drug, call weed. As far as it being no one business but yours, that worldly philosophy. Our lives are not our own. Value your testimony if you are a Christian. This is not a matter of conscience, it is illegal. Even the culture labels users "potheads".

I am not advocating the use of pot, I'm just saying that we should not be supporting governments making money out of peoples' weaknesses. It is incredibly cynical of the government to "turn a blind eye" as long as a grower or distributer is paying taxes on what they have. I can liken it to government "officials" demanding a "cut" out of somebody's business kidnapping and killing people and selling their organs. That is corruption is the most obvious sense, and it reminds me of stories about gangsters paying "protection money" to cops so that they can continue to live by extortion and intimidation.

Sure "our lives are not our own" but they most certainly do not belong to the government either. I must go back to the old adage that says that governments only do anything for two reasons: Money and power!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

It's an expression. :thumbsup:

Go for it!

You tell him!

Preach it, bro!

etc.

I know............I guess I should have added ???????????????????

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/05/1979

No. Have you?

is is your body not a temple of the lord?are lives not gifts?(( pot has ten times the tar as cigerets do ,very bad for the lungs ,throat etc. )) it is a fact THC kills brain cells. i think to knowingly harm ones self is a sin i would wager jesus would not do it !ha i could be rong though ,but i dont think i am. i do beleve all have the rite to choose but really W.W.J.D GOD BLESS ,TIN

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I'm not "trashing God's gift"

I thought we were was speaking about legality suddenly making this (or any other) substance "OK". I realize that it is now socially acceptable in the public squares of some places but then again...so is abortion.

For the aforementioned problems, under certain circumstances, it is OK, legality aside.

Just because something is legal does not necessarily make it "right" and the reverse is also true in a lot of cases as well, don't you think?

Sure. It's too bad that a lot of people see things that way.

The real reason marijiuana will be legalized is money and crooked lawyers. Lots of both.

Marijuana WAS legal throughout most of our country's history. It's banning came about largely due to the efforts of Harry J. Anslinger who drew on yellow journalism, xenophobia, and racism. This cretin of a man was the head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics. Here are some of his allegations about marijuana, which the public tragically swallowed:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."

"...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

I'm not making these quotes up. Anslinger was, though.