• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/01/1984

hey guys

please take the time to read this

i havnt been on worthyboards in a year but you regulars mite be refreshed by reading my previous posts.

please note i have been away from God the last 3 years was raised a born again christian but wandered but have never turned my back on him. I am working at rebuilding our relationship currently. anyhow..

I am wondering if a believer can be possessed or opressed by demons?

I have a guy i was unfrotunatly dating he was like a lion looking for a victim to devour he was not a very nice person when his true colours shone thru. He said he was a believer and wanted God more than anything but i did not see the fruits of this in any shape or form. It was an abbusive relationship, he would pick me to pieces say really mean things put me down sometimes he got so angry i thought he could kill me. He suffers from depression and had something bad happen to him in his past. He would treat me like this but then turn around and say i was a beautiful creative kind girl that he loved very much. I was trapped. I told him he didnt love me as his love was only a word without the expectations that come with it. Someone who loves you does not treat you like that. On previous posts people have said that satan had brought him into my life as i have always struggled with spiritual warfare for some reason satan comes over and over again to bring destruction into the flow and plan God has for me (helping suicidal people)

eventually after a few months i got out of the relationship. It's been a year and a half and he came back into my life he was in my town and came over to visit he was here for 10 days and got arrested twice for assult on a bouncer the other time for breaching his bail conditions. This was all my fault however i wasn't even there. This guy struggles with lust jealously anger greed hate, he has an addictive personality and is very manuplative.

He wakes up during the night with a look in his eyes and it's almost like something is coming over him like a wave and he convulses. I have heard him yell out "satan knows" in his sleep and i have seen him drunk and declare quietly that demons were in the room. This persons x girlfriends literally hate him and he has repeated these same patterns of behaviour in his previous relationships. He knows he isnt a very nice person and wants to change but never doe's anything to help himself.

He also uses scripture against me. eg "love has no record of wrongs" i know even satan knows scripture.

But seriously guys if this guy is a "believer" then why doe's he seem to be plauged by these spirits or demons do they just hang around or what? and how do u know which ones there are? I have tryed to help him so many times but i end up taking one step forward and 10 backwards. He leaves me emotionally physically and mentally exhausted i dont understand how he enjoys making people jealous and enjoys shredding a womens self worth and self esteem to pieces.

He is so lonely and messed up i feel sorry for him but everything is always someone elses fault. He takes what he can when he can when it comes to girls, but yet he still trys to tell me im a princess and im his special girl and that he will always love me. I'm sure he only says these things to keep me around for lack of better company.

I have recently found out he's pursued my flatmate who is a stripper with bi polar disorder and a drug user when he said he would never stoop that low, shes friendly when she wants to be but shes definetly not a christian far from it unfortunatly, and please dont question me about living with a stripper i realised this was wrong but i knew her from a backpackers i used to work at and she needed somewhere to live temporarily..

i came home to find a note he had left me i didnt even know he was in the same city as me let alone went around to my flat to pursue my flatmate he hardly knew! i couldn't believe it. I think he realised what he was doing was wrong but he tryed to make himself feel better by stating that God has called us to pursue love above all things. This guy is unbelievable he cant handle being single and falls in love as easily as night and day yet i still want to care about him?.

The sad thing is after all the crap hes put me thru theres something inside me that wants to see the best of him and see him thrive in the fruits of the spirit but im weary as i have to protect myself from him and his anger wish rears its ugly head frequently. I hate to say this but he is like a walking demon bringing death and distruction into anybodys life who will let him, i really didnt want to say those words but he is under so much demonic spiritual oppression and this is very obvious to everybody. There is a part of me that wants to cling on but i know i have to let go as he is very much an emotional vampire. He keeps saying hes going to go to church and will change ect..what do i do in this situation he makes it very difficult for me to love him as a friend when he treats people like this. People close to me are telling me to avoid him like the plague and to run as far away from him as possible. Apart of me thinks that maybe if he goes back to church these horrible things will drop off and he will become a new person that id want in my life. What should i do here? everybody can see what he's doing to me and it's easy to look from the outside in but am i stupid for giving him so many chances?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  252
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

The basic answer is YES ...

ANYONE can say they are a Christian but by your fruits you shall be known and whilst you can pray for his salvation if you keep going on the path you are on then he will drag you down with him.

Sorry to be so very blunt but I think you also know what you should do ....stay away from him and stop him having anything to do with you unless you actually like dicing with death ...literaly.

The mortgues are full of women who thought they could change abusive men ..The ONLY person who can change such a man is the man himself and he cannot do it whilst you are enabling him to be abusive by giving him the chance to blame anyone other than himself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

all I can say, is take it from my own experiences with this kind of thing....get and stay as far away from this person as you can..regardless of how sorry you feel for him.

I'll be praying for you

People close to me are telling me to avoid him like the plague and to run as far away from him as possible.

Listen to your friends.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

You need to get far away from this man. It sounds to me as if you need to rebuild your relationship with Jesus. Until you do that you cannot help anyone else.....and it leaves you wide open for the demons which are pestering your friend to come into your life. You own this man nothing, put do pray for him. Have you been reading your Bible? Are you attending a Christ centered church.

Read and study your Bible....see what in your life needs to be changed....get yourself right with God. But get away from this man.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear girl, get away from this man. Regarding your question about demons, yes they are out there and you are having some firsthand experience with them. Read some Frank Peretti books, read People of the Lie by M. Scott Peck. Don't think you can personally take care of everyone. Check out generational curses and the demonic strain that is possible there. Trust your instincts more. Consider why you are so willing to flirt with people of this type? Why?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

I agree with the others; you need to call on Jesus and put distance between you and this man. You cannot help him but should pray for God to work in his life before he self destructs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

hey guys

please take the time to read this

I must concur with the other responses you have received. It is time for you to get away and stay away. You do not need further imput with regard to demons at this time. Nor do you need anything further with regard to your own relationship, for you know that better than anyone alse.

You are not in a position to be able to help this man nor shall you ever be. Perhaps at some point in time 'God' willing, He will send someone to help this man, however it will not be you. It will be another man.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/01/1984

thanking you for your advice! I am defiently going to trust my gut instinct more, i narrowly missed the flight to visit him and i shouldve taken that as a sign, aswell as that gut feeling in the pit of my stomach.

In regards to ur question "why am i willing to flirt with people of this type" is the fact that 1/3 of the time he can be a blast to hang out with he understands me and we are both very creative. But I'm seeing that having any involvement with him is at a very high price.

I just saw this epoiside on dr phil today about liars, fraudsters and manipulators and how to reconize the signs.

He knew all the ways to suck me in told me everything i wanted to hear told me i could of had it all, all the other things people do to manipulate you to make you love them and care for them. He is an emotional fraudster that i dont want in my life. It's a hard thing to do and i can now definetly relete to other women who have been in abbusive relationships that loving and hating someone oneday and trying to forget things the next is no godly way to live. The fruits of this man are selfish and unjust. I feel emotionally violated but still sorry for him at the same time. Some of the things you guys said hit me hard, hard enough to knock some sense into me and make me realise any involvement with him will only result in destruction, i cant afford to let myself go down the same road that he is I know I'm better than that.

When i heard him yell out "satan knows" it was more than a hint, i wanted to run out of that house like lightening i knew i was playing with fire. He has said things to me like "I'm suffering" "i shouldnt even be on this earth" those words are never a comfort to hear but your right it is not my job to help him.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I am wondering if a believer can be possessed or opressed by demons?

Possessed, no. Oppressed, yes.

But seriously guys if this guy is a "believer" then why doe's he seem to be plauged by these spirits or demons do they just hang around or what?

Remember, just because someone claims to be a believer does not mean that he has accepted Christ as his Savior. Even the demons believe in Jesus and Satan knows who he is.

This guy is unbelievable he cant handle being single and falls in love as easily as night and day yet i still want to care about him?.

By you still caring about someone who has hurt you so much only shows me that you have the love of Christ in you. Don't loose it, but add His Wisdom to make it more complete.

Apart of me thinks that maybe if he goes back to church these horrible things will drop off and he will become a new person that id want in my life. What should i do here? everybody can see what he's doing to me and it's easy to look from the outside in but am i stupid for giving him so many chances?

Just going to church will do nothing for him. He needs to have a real personal relationship with Jesus. One that brings true salvation to him. All you can do is pray. If you feel like this is not enough, ask God to honor a fast , then fast and pray. One thing to remember is that we may not see Gods hand working in his heart. The Holy Spirit may already be convicting him of his sins.

As for your last question, it sounds like he is stalking you and this is very dangerous, especially someone with his issues. I would stay away until God puts a peace in your heart and leads you back to him.

OneLight