• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/22/1993

My teacher (I'm in 8th grade), has been bullying this student in my class for a while now and I got fed up with it and I really wanted to take a stand. She has even made him cry, I emailed my youth pastor on myspace about it..He told me to set up for a meeting about it with her and talk to her. The day I had plans to do that, I got sent to the Principles office because of her..it ended up being a misunderstanding but while I was down there, I decided to tell him what was going on. I told him exactly what I have been observing and he talked to her about it.

It's been two days since then and today in class she was crying saying that people have been lying about her behind her back and that we don't think she cares about us...etc, etc. While she was saying all this, I knew exactly to what she was talking about..and so did a couple other classmates. They were giving me evil looks and stuff.

I went to meet with her after class in hopes I could maybe just resolve all this and tell her exactly what I was feeling and why I told the principle what I said..I walked in and I said, Can I talk to you? She said she didn't know if she could take it right now..My response was, could we talk about this maybe next week? She told me she wouldn't be there..I said how bout the week after? She said again, I won't be there. As she was telling me this, she was packing up her stuff and had papers in boxes.

My teacher is quiting and it's my fault..and now half the class hates me.

I really need good advice here.

I was doing what I though was right...I was sticking up for a student who was really getting bullied..I was just trying to maybe make a difference in his life..now everyone hates me.

Please help.. :/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Yes, this is a sticky situation. In hindsight I would have advised to speak with the student who was being bullied, then both of you speak with the teacher. Then, if that didn't resolved the situation, go to the principal. But that is hindsight.

There must have been other reasons for this teacher leaving. There may have been other complaints or things that the principal had been aware of that caused this problem. Your classmates will soon move on. Pray for this teacher because it seems as if she may really need prayer. Even ask her if you could pray with her.

Be sure that you respect the new teacher because the new one will be coming into a difficult situation.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,857
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

My teacher (I'm in 8th grade), has been bullying this student in my class for a while now and I got fed up with it and I really wanted to take a stand. She has even made him cry, I emailed my youth pastor on myspace about it..He told me to set up for a meeting about it with her and talk to her. The day I had plans to do that, I got sent to the Principles office because of her..it ended up being a misunderstanding but while I was down there, I decided to tell him what was going on. I told him exactly what I have been observing and he talked to her about it.

It's been two days since then and today in class she was crying saying that people have been lying about her behind her back and that we don't think she cares about us...etc, etc. While she was saying all this, I knew exactly to what she was talking about..and so did a couple other classmates. They were giving me evil looks and stuff.

I went to meet with her after class in hopes I could maybe just resolve all this and tell her exactly what I was feeling and why I told the principle what I said..I walked in and I said, Can I talk to you? She said she didn't know if she could take it right now..My response was, could we talk about this maybe next week? She told me she wouldn't be there..I said how bout the week after? She said again, I won't be there. As she was telling me this, she was packing up her stuff and had papers in boxes.

I was doing what I though was right...I was sticking up for a student who was really getting bullied..I was just trying to maybe make a difference in his life..now everyone hates me.

Please help.. :/

Sometimes you just gotta do what is right.

Bullying of students should not be accepted, whether by teachers or by other students.

Though your classmates may not appreciate it at the moment, they may well do so in the future. I'm sure they would, if the teacher was allowed to stay, and maybe subject others to this kind of treatment.

But, if your good deeds and good intentions go unnoticed.......take it in your stride...

You did what you saw as best for those concerned. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think you did the right thing. And your teacher didn't lose her job because of one complaint; this would have to be only one of many. I know you're very young, and maybe don't know, but teacher's unions make it almost impossible to fire a teacher. I don't know if she quit or what but, this I guarantee; you didn't cost this woman her job! Just stand your ground and this will drift into the past. No reason for you to feel guilty over following your heart. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

There is something else I would like you to consider. In order for someone to have such an aggressive manner, they do not have peace in their lives. There could very likely be other factors in her private life that have flowed over into her professional life as a teacher. Not everything has to as clear cut as it seems, in fact, hardly anything is clear cut. I know from experience, those who were bullies at school had a very hard life at home. Since they could not do anything about their home problems, they acted out at school, usually on the weakest person they could find. In this case, it may of been the student that was having the hardest time on a subject. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

listen very, very carefully to what i am about to say...

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

that teacher is immature and shouldn't be in a position of authority over 8th graders. how do i know she's immature? 1) she bullied a student, whatever form of bullying it was. 2), she CRIED in front of her students. 3) she GOSSIPED about her personal problems with her students.

as for what your classmates think of you, brush it off. you did what you should have done. she needed to be reported, and she needs to no longer be teaching a class.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

And your teacher didn't lose her job because of one complaint; this would have to be only one of many. I know you're very young, and maybe don't know, but teacher's unions make it almost impossible to fire a teacher. I don't know if she quit or what but, this I guarantee; you didn't cost this woman her job!

:( Spot on!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/17/1986

I feel that you did the right thing in sticking up for what you thought was right in going an speaking to someone about what you had seen going on. I once had to do the same thing but I was in 6th grade, yes the same thing had to happend the teacher had been asked to leave because what was going on was not right at all. You have great strength and don't let the looks from others get you down. Sometimes by doing the right thing other may get mad but you did what you felt was right. Its not your fault so dont be down on your self :).

One things I would like to encourage you to do is pray for your class mates, the teacher that is leaving and the new one that is coming in. :)