• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/26/1983

For the past several weeks, I have been going to a church I was attracted to just because they had a ministry for my age group. Turns out that church is part of the Emerging Church Movement, a New Age movemenet that appeals to the masses, especially the unchurched or post-churched. I guess I know why I didn't like the sermons, now.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

What brought you to this conclusion?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

For the past several weeks, I have been going to a church I was attracted to just because they had a ministry for my age group. Turns out that church is part of the Emerging Church Movement, a New Age movemenet that appeals to the masses, especially the unchurched or post-churched. I guess I know why I didn't like the sermons, now.

I don't know anything about the Emerging Church Movement but a google to Wikipedia showed the following:

"Conservative, evangelical theologians and pastors believe the movement's embrace of a postmodernist philosophy leads to unorthodox theology, relativism, antinomianism, universalism, and syncretism. These critics frequently equate emerging church theology with the liberal theology that has historically been at odds with Christian fundamentalism and Evangelicalism. Other evangelical leaders embrace the missiological insights of the movement."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I don't know anything about the Emerging Church Movement but a google to Wikipedia showed the following:

"Conservative, evangelical theologians and pastors believe the movement's embrace of a postmodernist philosophy leads to unorthodox theology, relativism, antinomianism, universalism, and syncretism. These critics frequently equate emerging church theology with the liberal theology that has historically been at odds with Christian fundamentalism and Evangelicalism. Other evangelical leaders embrace the missiological insights of the movement."

what are all these 'isms'? isn''t it simply whether or not one is a disciple of Jesus Christ? shouldn't all church appeal to the unchurched? if the preacher is preaching the gospel, what is the problem. someone fill me in please.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

The New Age movement and the Emerging Church movement are creeping in everywhere. They embrace all religions -- all roads lead to heaven. It is so important to study our Bibles and know what God says. You were very wise to not buy into the preaching from that pulpit.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

The same movement that is causing some churches to divest in Israel, embrace homosexuality and that allows women to take the position of priest? The same movement that teaches that you should recite the prayer of Jabez for personal gain?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The same movement that teaches that you should recite the prayer of Jabez for personal gain?

Those who obey the dictates of a materialistic world, under whatever label they funtion, will always find some excuse for abandoning the principles of Jesus Christ as expressed most clearly in Matthew chapter five.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/26/1983

Thank you everyone for the comments and incites backed up by scripture. I can see now that following correct doctrine and precepts is more important than following a church that has a young peoples' group I'm attracted to.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Would be interested in knowing why you didn't like the sermons.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Hunter,

You can see his/her reasoning under the Prayer request section. It's titled "Difficult Sermon Series".

In His Love,

Suzanne