• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i, too am excited about this study. i feel like it's going to lead us somewhere we want to go.

Simeon was born on the twenty-first day of the tenth month (Ṭebet) of the year 2124 after the Creation (Book of Jubilees xxviii. 13; Midr. Tadshe, in Epstein, "Mi-Ḳadmoniyyot ha-Yehudim," p. xxii.).

his name is interpreted as meaning "he who listens to the words of God". i thought of the other definiition ("he who hears and is heard") when reading this: He is always represented as having a particularly powerful voice; and it is said that once, in the brunt of a battle, when he shouted, the enemy fled in terror at the sound ("Sefer ha-Yashar," l.c. p. 61a).

his tribe scattered, dispersed

simeon in the n.t., a descendant?

The Prophecy of Simeon

At that time there was a man in Jerusalem named Simeon. He was righteous and devout and was eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come and rescue Israel. The Holy Spirit was upon him and had revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen the Lord

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Oh Nebula...I am so sorry your are ill. Father touch our sister, fill her every need, give her healing peace to her body and divine rest in you..in Jesus name Amen. And here i assumed you may be partying..I am sorry.

Fraught, you have blessed me so with your additional knowledge and wisdom. I am learning as I am going along and love to learn, especially truth.

I will go and find out, if I can, about Simeon. But I bet You are correct even if it cannot be proven. One of those hidden secrets one does not normally see.

I think today, although we may see bits and pieces of each tribe in us or our walks, we may find a further awareness of which spiritual tribe we may come from and the blessin that follows we may not be taking a hold of.

Many promises are conditional but it seems to me the blessings were not, Well thats what I have been thinking about today.

Nebula, I love your synopsis, If I ever needed someone to help be along with a book I will definitely call upon you. I love to research the word and even your question about the Topaz had put me unto another quest for a further study down the line.

Thank s so much for keeping up with me.

Oh also I know sin is sin but when you think about what jacobs sons did in regards to slaughtering the city...kinda makes the imperfections and my past sins tiny !!! Just my thoughts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yeah - it's amazing how the Lord chose Jacob and his sons. The whole accounts of their lives were bad decision upon bad decision upon bad decision. They aren't my idea of what heroes should be. Yet the Lord made them fathers of the tribes of His people anyhow.

Isn't that something?

They were such mighty men of God. Yet this tribe, Simeon was counted 59,300 at Mt. Sinai and only 22,200 when they entered into the promise land. When God wants cleansing of a generation He knows How to cleanse. What belongs for His Glory and what is not. They were reduced to the smallest tribe.

He needed to break that clay vessel. We are all a earthen vessel needing to be broken of rebelliousness and some other things.

Zimris was easy to be decieved cause he was already self decieved by self will, pride and stubborness. Numbers 25:1-18

Most of the children of simeon also went on to serve in mighty armies including Davids 1chr. 12:22-25

They were given a portion of Judah on the south and of the tabernacle positioned along side Reuben and Gad. ;) I laugh...God shows us in positioning who they will get along with. In a matter fact I believe that not only were they position to fortify the area from enemies they got along well with neighbors who understand them. There have been times where people have no Idea what I am talking about and other times I can find those who know exactly where I am coming from.

And yes I will say that simeon was a simeonite...Giving the seeing of the son a more powerful stance

It is said that simeon was was the president of the Sanhedrin and had a son named Gamaliel. Acts 22:3

Hey, Patricia -

Something I just found:

Samuel was an Ephraimite!

Isn't that perfect?

Wow... that is a tremendous thing to know. Puts things together. it is exciting!!

http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=n...levite&um=1

Since our next tribe will be Levi, I looked for a picture so we can see a Levite...the temple servants

LEVI~~

Leahs' third son naming him Levi in the hopes of bringing her closer to Jacob. Even the names of her children showed her hurt, want and desire for her husband. Genesis 29:34

His name meaning Joined, fastened to, devoted to, united, knotted

Leah looked for someone that may be a mediator between her and her husband. To be one with him. A wonderful name for a priestly line.We were like Leah estranged at one point from God and Jesus the true Priest came down to bridge that gap that sin made, joining you and I as one with the Father!!! glory to God. Thank-you Jesus And now as husband an wife.. He is our bridegroom and we are His Bride...

Sela~~~

as I was looking through the images, I found this website:

http://www.templeinstitute.org/cgi-bin/sto...?product=canvas

Way cool!

Oh - more info on the stones, from the temple Institute:

The stones

In reality, the only fact which is known with absolute certainty is the color of each stone. Although absent from the Biblical passages, this is recorded by the Midrash (Bamidbar Rabbah 2:7) where it is stated that each tribe's stone on the breastplate matched the background color of its flag (the tribes of Israel camped and journeyed according to their ensigns during the years of their desert travels).

Thus even if some doubt exists with regard to the scientific classification of the gems themselves, we can still be certain as to their appearance based on the Midrashic description of their colors (again, arbitrarily using the 12 "most representative" names we have chosen for the purpose of listing them):

1. Ruby - Reuben - Red

2. Jade - Shimon - Green

3. Agate - Levi - Red, White, and Black Striped

4. Carbuncle - Judah - Bluish-Green

5. Lapis-Lazuli - Issachar - Blue

6. Quartz Crystal - Zebulun - Clear

7. Turquoise - Dan - Blue

8. Amethyst - Naftali - Purple

9. Agate - Gad - Grey

10. Aquamarine - Asher - Blue-Green

11. Onyx - Joseph - Black

12. Opal - Benjamin - A Stone Possessing All the Colors

LEVI~~

Leahs' third son naming him Levi in the hopes of bringing her closer to Jacob. Even the names of her children showed her hurt, want and desire for her husband. Genesis 29:34

His name meaning Joined, fastened to, devoted to, united, knotted

Leah looked for someone that may be a mediator between her and her husband. To be one with him. A wonderful name for a priestly line.We were like Leah estranged at one point from God and Jesus the true Priest came down to bridge that gap that sin made, joining you and I as one with the Father!!! glory to God. Thank-you Jesus And now as husband an wife.. He is our bridegroom and we are His Bride...

Sela~~~

Got any more info on Levi?