IGNORED

Superlapsarianism vs Infralapsarianism

BurnForChrist

What is your view on the logical order of Gods decrees?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on the logical order of Gods decrees?

• Superlapsarianism
    • Infralapsariansim
    • Amyraldism
    • Arminianism

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Do you all see the smoke coming out of my head from my brain being fried :whistling: Maybe I should go back to the felt board from my VBS years.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:whistling: Edited by hopper

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

Thanks everyone for your replies, votes and views. Also understand this is a theological discussion/poll not a salvation/what matters most discussion. I understand that none of this contributes to salvation but understand that this is to attempt to understand the logical order of GODs eternal decrees, so there is nothing wrong with trying to go deep into theological topics. :rolleyes:

Also let me restate again infralapsarianism does NOT teach that GOD decided to "elect some" after the fall. But rather he viewed that as fallen (hints why its after permit fall) creatures when he decided to elect them. So please try not to get that mixed up or think it any different.

Though my Election was for Supra, I'm more of a Hyper-Supra... because I can't see how any of these jibes with Scripture.

For instance, the idea to Elect some in the unFallen state is to ignore the Fall which condemn all. But I can't go with infra because we are loved in eternity past (Eph 1:4) (literally before creation) which removes everything else from consideration. Even so, the others are vain nonsense Amyrauldism defines the depth of God's love in hypothetical numbers rather than substance (if God's love were defined by numbers, it would still be finite). And Arminianism is Arminianism and has been shown to be in gross error for literally centuries.

Personally I am an Infra. As I stated earlier infralapsarianism does not state that we are not loved in eternity past. I completely agree that before creation we are loved and chosen by God but rather the real debate is how did GOD view man in regards to election.

Burn

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Thanks everyone for your replies, votes and views. Also understand this is a theological discussion/poll not a salvation/what matters most discussion. I understand that none of this contributes to salvation but understand that this is to attempt to understand the logical order of GODs eternal decrees, so there is nothing wrong with trying to go deep into theological topics. :rolleyes:

Also let me restate again infralapsarianism does NOT teach that GOD decided to "elect some" after the fall. But rather he viewed that as fallen (hints why its after permit fall) creatures when he decided to elect them. So please try not to get that mixed up or think it any different.

Though my Election was for Supra, I'm more of a Hyper-Supra... because I can't see how any of these jibes with Scripture.

For instance, the idea to Elect some in the unFallen state is to ignore the Fall which condemn all. But I can't go with infra because we are loved in eternity past (Eph 1:4) (literally before creation) which removes everything else from consideration. Even so, the others are vain nonsense Amyrauldism defines the depth of God's love in hypothetical numbers rather than substance (if God's love were defined by numbers, it would still be finite). And Arminianism is Arminianism and has been shown to be in gross error for literally centuries.

Personally I am an Infra. As I stated earlier infralapsarianism does not state that we are not loved in eternity past. I completely agree that before creation we are loved and chosen by God but rather the real debate is how did GOD view man in regards to election.

Burn

:24: I'm lost here, absolutely lost. Why have I never heard of any of this? I need to get out more.......

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Burn

:24: I'm lost here, absolutely lost. Why have I never heard of any of this? I need to get out more.......

If history is our guide, the next topic that will come out is a discussion on the means of grace, with particular emphasis on condemning the Zwinglian view of the sacraments...

start studying now...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

or, with more complicated theological jargon:

I didnt understand you the first time. I aint gonna get it this time.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,844
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Thanks everyone for your replies, votes and views. Also understand this is a theological discussion/poll not a salvation/what matters most discussion. I understand that none of this contributes to salvation but understand that this is to attempt to understand the logical order of GODs eternal decrees, so there is nothing wrong with trying to go deep into theological topics. :laugh:

Burn

:blink: I'm lost here, absolutely lost. Why have I never heard of any of this? I need to get out more.......

You and me both :24:

I'm too old to be learning new things at this time in my life...............off to bury my head in the sand.... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Edited by hopper

:rolleyes: Edited by hopper

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I see "Elect those who believe" as trusting in the blood of Jesus.

I'm just curious, what meaning to the word "Elect" is left when it is used in that sentence?

It can't possibly retain its original fundamental meaning "to choose", because there is no choice left in the matter, once the other party makes the "choice", there is allegedly nothing else God can do for He is obligated to to take in each and every one of those who "chose" correctly.

Amen, He is obligated based on the work of Christ.

Interesting. The word oblige means to be indebted or constrained by a physical, legal, social or moral contract to perform a service. So basically God is bound to serve man. I guess that it is also safe to assume you don't believe a word of Eph 1:4 which I had in mind when answering OneLight.

Oh well.