IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

Guest LadyC
I am absolutely, :noidea: What are your positions on this matter?

my positions...

women shouldn't wear boxer shorts, men shouldn't wear bras. or to elaborate even more, women should not attempt to look like a man, and men shouldn't attempt to look like a woman. and a pair of pants doesn't do that in and of itself.

if by "visitation", one means that the person being visited has been to the church and has given permission to be called on by some church members, i'm all good with that. if it means going around door to door without an invitation, i'm adamently opposed to it. leave that to the cults.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/25/1970

I thought I have found a better place than ChristianForums.com, but sadly it is not so. I am convinced it's something to do with not been able to see each other's faces. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

my opinion only....I prefer dresses or skirts in modest. If one sits in the front of a preaching pastor...the skirt sould hit at least the knee while sitting.

I have a great idea.... since Jesus likes robes and we at one time will be wearing robes of righteousness, hopefully...garments white and without spot or blemish....let us Just give them out as congregants and such walk in and have them removed on the way out...

strict pentecostals, specifically the spanish around here do not let the woman wear pants, fix thier hair wear make-up or Jewelery.

Some bylines have no plumline....

then again...Jesus saw us fit to be born naked....

Joe you are funny... and i love english saddle..... :noidea::laugh:

Guest LadyC
I thought I have found a better place than ChristianForums.com, but sadly it is not so. I am convinced it's something to do with not been able to see each other's faces. :noidea:

worthyboards is a wonderful place. but there are some topics which spark a lot of heated debate. THIS topic is usually in the controversial thread, and might should have been moved there so that people who try hard to demonstrate self discipline by avoiding that forum would be less tempted.

the political threads usually turn very heated too.

there is a lot of good fellowship here at WB.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I thought I have found a better place than ChristianForums.com, but sadly it is not so. I am convinced it's something to do with not been able to see each other's faces

You're right about that. It's much like road rage. The person in the 'security' of their vehicle feels safer acting beligerant and screaming if someone cuts him off, but if he were a pedestrian, he wouldn't be ranting and raving like a lunatic, running full speed ahead and that type of thing. On the computer there is the same, or even more 'security'.

I hope you don't get a bad impression of us. You have to understand this same thread gets pulled up regularly and the same things are said and has been going on like this for years. There are some fruitful discussions but pants is not one of them.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I have already given my biblical stance in another post. I know it can't be that woman are restricted by the clothing that they wear and I am talking about those who think pants are immodest if one feels likes they don't have the liberty to wear slacks and wearing a dress or skirt is somehow modest.

If the church had a softball team it wouldn't be a sin for a woman to dress appropriate in order to play in the game as it would be immodest to wear a dress in that situation. And one can't convince me that there is no appropriate time to change something modest to what some say is an abomination. If I wanted to go hiking and climb up a mountain it would be immodest for me to wear a skirt or dress. Then pants in this matter would become modest.

God created this earth for all to enjoy so if I want to go fishing I can dress modest in pants. God never intended me to not enjoy the beach because the wind was to strong that it would force one to go inside because she couldn't maintain her keeping here skirt or dress down.

The group kittylover is apart of has to decide for themselves what they want to do according women wearing pants when witnessing. Like I said sometimes pants are more modest and skirts are immodest.

OC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

What is ironic about this entire thread is that the enemy (Satan) as succeeded in getting believers to behave badly with one another over a non-essential issue to the faith. He has actually succeeded in getting us to disobey scriptures that are clear (that we are to demonstrate love and patience) in order to fight about something that is not clear

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

There is a vast difference between "legalism" and "legality."

Legalism is the misapplication of, or distortion of, or adding to of God

I thought I have found a better place than ChristianForums.com, but sadly it is not so. I am convinced it's something to do with not been able to see each other's faces. :whistling:

worthyboards is a wonderful place. but there are some topics which spark a lot of heated debate. THIS topic is usually in the controversial thread, and might should have been moved there so that people who try hard to demonstrate self discipline by avoiding that forum would be less tempted.

the political threads usually turn very heated too.

there is a lot of good fellowship here at WB.

Another problem is that instead of looking at this as a topic of debate, everyone starts taking everything personal. There are people that believe things I am doing are sinful, but I don't get all up in arms because they tell me I am doing something they consider to be wrong. For instance, I know of pastors that don't believe it is right to have a tv set. If there was a thread on that topic, I might not agree with them, but I would not attack them as legalists, and tell them they have no right to their opinion. Even if they said I was in sin, so what? If I believe it is ok to have a tv set, I will have one. If I decide they were right, I will get rid of it.

The other thing is that these topics go off track. This one was dealing with appropriate clothing while going soul winning, and it went off into pants in general, as well as numerous other topics like legalism. If we would do a better job staying on subject, things would likely work out better as well.

You know when the issue in question is the moral judgment of an action, anybody who does that action feels judged. It gets personal because that is how it is felt, and unless we reflect on that it will repeat itself every time.

I personally do not see anything wrong for a woman to wear pants, I do not feel it immodest at all.

There is a vast difference between "legalism" and "legality."

Legalism is the misapplication of, or distortion of, or adding to of God