• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

All the stores around here are going to teller-less check-outs. It's hard enough for me to adjust to this system. I can't imagine the difficulty it will create for the elderly. Perhaps another reason to justify euthanasia? :blink:

Here, too. But there are so many problems with them that they still have to have someone to help with them.

At my local Kroger they opened the 'self check out' line but almost NO ONE goes through it. The assistant manager walks up and down trying to direct people there but mostly just gets dirty looks, hisses, or flat out "That's your job, not mine" from shoppers. It really hasn't been very successful. Why should we check ourselves out when the stores are charging more and more all the time? :rolleyes:

it's business... they wouldnt charge as much if we used self checkout becuaues their labor wouldnt be so much... capitalism is good good for all. they are trying to benifet you not make you mad or pull one over on you..

I have yet to see any business charge less when they institute cost saving measures. Think of all the services that provide only an automated menu to conduct business on the phone. Did any of your bills decrease as a result? Or am I missing something? :huh:

not much will ever decrease...just slow down the increase. the reson everything increases is because of the devaluing of our dollsr by the elite..to the best that i understand it...as a busnisse we try to keep cost as low as possible...and prices as low as possible. we know that with each increase there is less purchesed.....they are not trying to get u... it's not in their best interest... do you own business? everything cost wise is getting crazy right now. everything that is brought into a store uses energy to get it there...you can imagine the cost increase these stores are having. Prices are going to go up...alot...just so ya know. sorry.

Please use the unmanned station if at all possible..if not no big deal... but it's there for your beneift....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

And my answer is............SO WHAT? We know these things are going to happen, the Bible says so, BIG BUSINESS now runs the world, do any of you really thing we can stop this, I don't.

Sure we can stop it. Here a lot of shops still don't have EFTPOS machines and can't afford to deal in credit cards, so I still use mostly cash. In my job we get paid by direct credit, in my case the money goes into our joint account, but I can always withdraw it and just use cash - it wouldn't really cost me anything to do that.

I know quite a few people round here who get paid in cash, and there are no shops as yet here that have done away with checkout people or cash registers. There was going to be a supermarket in Wellington that was to go almost exclusively "unmanned" but "due to demand" they assurred everyone that they would still have checkouts for people who couldn't or didn't want to, use this system. I don't know how it turned out but I suspect that it didn't even get off the ground.

Sure, in "the main centres" of the world, but when you look at it relatively few people live in "main centres".

Maybe you should re-think your belief that we can stop what is already spoken as the prophetic word of God. We as the created of God can not stop what the creator is going to create.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

At my local Kroger they opened the 'self check out' line but almost NO ONE goes through it. The assistant manager walks up and down trying to direct people there but mostly just gets dirty looks, hisses, or flat out "That's your job, not mine" from shoppers. It really hasn't been very successful. Why should we check ourselves out when the stores are charging more and more all the time? :emot-highfive:

At our stores, especially Walmart, they don't give you much choice, as most of the checkouts are unmanned, and only a couple have cashiers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  4,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

The way I understand it they have no right to charge you more or to refuse whatever method of payment you choose to pay . . .

House Joint Resolution 192 of June 5, 1933

On June 5, 1933, Congress passed House Joint Resolution (HJR 192). HJR 192 was passed to suspend the gold standard and abrogate the gold clause in the national constitution. Since then no one in America has been able to lawfully pay a debt. This resolution declared:

"To assure uniform value to the coins and currencies of the Unites States,

Whereas the holding of or dealing in gold affect public interest, and are therefore subject to proper regulation and restriction; and

Whereas the existing emergency has disclosed that provisions of obligations which purport to give the obligee a right to require payment in gold or a particular kind of coin or currency of the United States, or in an amount in money of the United States measured thereby, obstruct the power of the Congress to regulate the value of the money of the United States, and are inconsistent with the declared policy of the Congress to maintain at all times the equal power of every dollar, coined or issued by the United States, in the markets and in the payment of debts,

Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the Senate and House of t Representative of the United States of America in Congress assembled, that

(a) every provision contained in or made with respect to any obligation which purports to give the obligee a right to require payments in gold or a particular kind of coin or currency, or in an amount in money of the United States measured thereby, is declared to be against public policy; and no such provision shall be contained in or made with respect to any obligation hereafter incurred. Every obligation, heretofore or hereafter incurred, whether or not any such provision is contained therein or made with respect thereto, shall be discharged upon payment, dollar for dollar, in any coin or currency which at time of payment is legal tender for public and private debts. Any such provision contained in any law authorizing obligations to be issued by or under authority of the United States, is herby repealed, but the repeal of any such provision shall not invalidate any other provision or authority contained in such law.

(b) As used in this resolution, the term 'obligation' means any obligation (including every obligation of and to the United States, excepting currency) payable in money of the United States; and the term 'coin or currency' means coin or currency of the United States, including Federal Reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal Reserve banks and national banking associations.

Sec. 2 The last sentence of paragraph (1) of subsection (b) of section 43 of the Act entitled 'An Act to relieve the existing national economic emergency by increasing agricultural purchasing power, to raise revenue for extraordinary expenses incurred by reason of such emergency, to provide emergency relief with respect to agricultural indebtedness, to provide for the orderly liquidation of joint-stock land banks, and of other purposes;, approved May 12, 1933, is amended to read as follows:

"All coins and currencies of the United Stated (including Federal Reserve notes and circulating notes of the Federal Reserve banks and national banking associations) heretofore or hereafter coined or issued, shall be legal tender for all debts, public and private, public charges, taxes, duties, and dues, except that gold coins, when below the standard weight and limit of tolerance provided by law for the single piece, shall be legal tender only at valuation in proportion to their actual weight.'

Approved, June 5, 1933, 4:40 p.m. 31 U.S.C.A. 462, 463

House Joint Resolution 192, 73d Congress, Sess. I, Ch. 48, June 5, 1933 (Public Law No. 10 )

Note: "payment of debt" is now against Congressional and "public policy" and henceforth, "Every obligation . . . Shall be discharged."

As a result of HJR 192, and from that day forward (June 5, 1933), no one in this nation has been able to lawfully pay a debt or lawfully own anything. The only thing one can do, is tender in transfer of debts, with the debt being perpetual. The suspension of the gold standard, and prohibition against paying debts, removed the substance for our common law to operate on, and created a void as far as the law is concerned. This substance was replaced with a "PUBLIC NATIONAL CREDIT SYSTEM" where debt is "LEGAL TENDER" money.

See link . . .

I would have paid in pennies to make them earn the $2.00 fee . . .

lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

At my local Kroger they opened the 'self check out' line but almost NO ONE goes through it. The assistant manager walks up and down trying to direct people there but mostly just gets dirty looks, hisses, or flat out "That's your job, not mine" from shoppers. It really hasn't been very successful. Why should we check ourselves out when the stores are charging more and more all the time? :emot-highfive:

At our stores, especially Walmart, they don't give you much choice, as most of the checkouts are unmanned, and only a couple have cashiers.

It is the younger crowd who are excepting things like the self check out. I use it because why should I stand in line for just a few items. I was talking to a lady once who told me that she couldn't wait for the common use of the micro-chip because it made her feel more secure with regards to her bank accounts and such. The world is full of people who think just like she does. The masses are already being deceived.

It is the younger crowd who are excepting things like the self check out. I use it because why should I stand in line for just a few items. I was talking to a lady once who told me that she couldn't wait for the common use of the micro-chip because it made her feel more secure with regards to her bank accounts and such. The world is full of people who think just like she does. The masses are already being deceived.

it's not the technoligy whicth is bad...right? it's what the devil people will use it for when the opointed time comes...

At my local Kroger they opened the 'self check out' line but almost NO ONE goes through it. The assistant manager walks up and down trying to direct people there but mostly just gets dirty looks, hisses, or flat out "That's your job, not mine" from shoppers. It really hasn't been very successful. Why should we check ourselves out when the stores are charging more and more all the time? :th_praying:

The WalMart that I go to here has the auto-checkouts, but I don't use them for 2 reasons. First is that the blasted things can't handle something big - like a case of soda - that won't fit on the little platform. It just keeps telling you to put stuff in the bag. Second is that I figure I could be dealing someone out of a job if I'm using that thing. Yeah, Wally World doesn't have nearly enough check out humans, and it can be difficult to get out of there.

Guest LadyC
Siegel denied that AT&T was targeting cash customers and said his company offers pay-as-you-go pre-paid phones that are better suited for consumers who want to pay in cash.

yeah, and the rates for those prepaid phones are more than double what you get with any cellular plan. so much for "not targeting the cash paying customers". what a crock!

i think this is what busniesss is...cost them more because they are nocommited...u pay less because u have a plan...right? not a conspiracy against cash people... what u think?

conspiracy? that's your word, not mine. but it DOES target those who are poor or have bad credit. i had a pay as you go type phone for awhile, because my credit is so screwed up (because of identity theft years ago) that i couldn't get a cell phone without a $200 deposit and a 2 year contract. i'd already paid all that to get my husband a cell phone, and they wouldn't waive the deposit on a phone for me until mark's first contract had been fulfilled.

kat, most banks now have an automatic bill pay thing that doesn't cost any extra. you might ask when you're there next time if you can set it up to pay that each month electronically without you having to do it online or be inconvenienced with mailing a check or whatever.

as for ID theft online, if you go directly to your bank website to pay bills through them (if you ever did break down to do online banking) their sites are very secure. you are really far more likely to become a victim of ID theft by other means than you are to become one as a result of online banking. take it from someone who's been living the nightmare for six years. my credit rating is horrible, and it has nothing to do with anything i did, online or off. (it does have to do with me refusing to pay a debt for which i've provided a police report a dozen times though... a debt which is growing by over 600/month in interest charges alone. last i checked the debt was almost 30,000 bucks, and that was several months ago.)