• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

First, I'm not an atheist.

Second, you quoted the wrong person. That is not text from my post, that is text from the person I was quoting.

Third, for at least the third time, I am a born again Christian and believe that Jesus Christ is and was the Only Begotten Son of God and that he died for our sin and rose from the dead.

Sorry; I looked through that post and realize I quoted ruck1b by mistake. I apologize. However, as to the atheist comment, I stand by it, although I concede you might be an agnostic. No Christian would even pretend to be the judge of God. There is no comfort in deception, rather call on the Lord to make you whole. I will pray for you.

2 Corinthians 10:17 But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

The phrase "Judge of God" is the translation of the literal meaning of the name "Daniel".

Actually, it's not. Here is the correct meaning and origin of the name 'Daniel'. In no way does it translate to 'Judge of God'. :th_praying:

http://www.behindthename.com/name/daniel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strongs Expanded Exhaustive Concordance

copyright 2001 Thomas Neilson Publishers

Hebrew entry number 1840, second term.

Daniel -daw-nee-ale; from 1835 and 410; Judge of God.

Daniel or Danijel, the name of two Israelites.

Here's another translation of the name 'Daniel' in Hebrew. Note that the translation is not 'judge of God' but 'judged by God' or 'ruled by God'. Not the same thing as 'judge OF God'. :whistling:

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Daniel.html

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Its really sad, you actually seem to be pretty knowledgeable about Scripture, yet you ruin your own wittiness with your arrogance and spitefulness. Paul said, anything not done out of love, isn't worth doing and is just noise, Jesus said He requires mercy and not sacrafice.......evidently you understand neither.

That is some of the best tap dancing I've ever seen.............go on with your bad self.

That is some of the best tap dancing I've ever seen.............go on with your bad self.

:whistling:

No but this IS the issue. The reason Americans have no fear of God is because the Christians are either too willfully stupid, too lazy, or too deluded by the false doctrines themselves to convince anyone of anything.

\"We\'re too stupid to know\" is the gist of so many christian arguments, and AS A CHRISTIAN I find that fact highly offensive and shameful, as stated.

If you are too stupid to know, you don\'t belong in the debate, and you don\'t belong in apologetics.

You people don\'t have faith in Jesus, you have faith in faith.

I pray that people like you would realize how big a fool you make christians everywhere look, because you really offer nothing to anybody.

I placed in bold some of the "grace seasoned with salt" that you so diligently show concerning your brethren. If you dont want forgivness or dont feel that you need any you may want to read it again. Your words are very offensive. To say that your fellow members dont have faith. To say that your fellow members make christians look like fools. You have much to learn. Judge, I ask that you reconsider your words, and even your name. You dont know who is reading and what little one you may cause to stumble...and we know what our Lord says about those who cause a little one to stumble.

Doesn't it cause little ones to stumble when an atheist stumps christians on a forum and the Christians honestly think they've "won" the debate with an answer that really boils down to, as I said, "We're too stupid to know"?

Doesn't THAT cause more to stumble than I could possibly cause by questioning thier display of ignorance?

If "Christian A" and "Atheist A" are in a debate, and "Christian A" keeps saying that "Red is Green", is "Christian B" wrong for telling "Christian A" they should bow out since they obviously don't know what in the world they are talking about?

Is "Christian B" wrong for being upset when "Christian C" thinks "we're too stupid to know" is a sufficient answer in a debate? And if you are too stupid to know, then find someone who isn't and let them do the debating for you.

Your rhetoric is practiced and you seem to know scripture....your stance, however, is that of a nonbeliever. :whistling:

Well at least thats an answer, but, you know what all the knowledge in the world, even Biblical doesn't do you or your wittiness any good if your not doing it out of love. We've all been offended, we've all been spiteful and arrogant, the trick is to be Christ like. I have neither missed your point of the points being made by others on this thread.

Try it again brother, many of us have gotten off on the wrong foot, including me. I personally feel you have alot to say, and I would like to hear it, and maybe even discuss it with you, but in love, "For who am I to judge another mans servant"

You call me an unbeliever because of what?

Because of the obvious. :emot-highfive:

Doesn't it cause little ones to stumble when an atheist stumps Christians on a forum and the Christians honestly think they've "won" the debate with an answer that really boils down to, as I said, "We're too stupid to know"?

:)

Smart Atheist Stupid Christian

:laugh:

Interesting Observation

Here Is Another

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:12

And Yet Another Brother

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Turn Up The Heart Light For These "Smart" Atheists Surely Perish

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Without The Truth Of God's Holy Word

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

The Only Way To God

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Amen

Stump

Stump For The Cross, Foolishness To Them That Perish

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1 Corinthians 1:18-19

Stump For The Wisdom Of The LORD God Almighty

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1 Corinthians 1:20-21

Stump For Jesus Christ And Him Crucified

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1 Corinthians 1:22-23

Stump For The Returning LORD Jesus

The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:10-11

Stump For The Faith Once Given

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:6-9

Stump For The Harvest

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalms 126:3-6

Amen

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips Psalms 141:3

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with JudgeofGod in that he is not an atheist. He says he isn't and who are you to tell im what he believes? I think he is just makeing good points decrying the faults of Christian arguements. He may be what some call a rational christian, but it all depends on what he thinks he is. I find it very unchristian of everyone else here who is acting skeptical and all-high-and-mighty simply because he doesn't follow with his eyes closed. Thinking is not a sin.