• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

Hey Yod, the voice of the martrys, I just registerd there a few weeks ago.

She wanted us to realize that there is still persecution going on, and that we need to pray for them. I got the VOTM magazine thingy, and I hope to get some books from there.

I know it ain't new, it is just discouraging...that our brethren would continue to act like this, and not even realizing that it is wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

this has been happening to Sudanese christians since 1988. Over 2 million of them have been massacred....to deafening silence of christians worldwide.

A sad truth. Another sad truth is that there's no oil there. That's why our govt. hasn't come to their defense....at least in my opinion. If doing the humanitarian thing and fighting terrorists was really our concern then we should have gone "all out" by now especially since so many of our countrymen say we're a "Christian nation".

True, to the best of my knowledge there's no oil in Sudan...but guess what?

There is in Nigeria. Check it out. I found this out on Reuter's when I was working in banking and having to follow minute by minute news for our bank's stock traders.

If anyone wonders how I've done so many things...I'll be happy to give you the resume'. At 48 I've lived a very interesting life...and moved from one field to another..from business & banking to education and child management to missions.

I've done the whole gammit.

Anyway, while I was in banking ...we picked up all the major news services online before computers were standard fare for all offices.

Nigeria had civil wars and conflicts back in 1994 - 1995, which is important to know.

NOTE: East Timor, never really gave a flip about "independence". East Timor was an island which was part of Indonesia. In 1999, the UN with the help of the Aussies, (i.e. peacekeepers).... :D:D

marched in and paid a bunch of starving, uneducated villagers bags of rice in exchange for them acting like a bunch of sad, oppressed people longing for independence. It was so pathetic and everyone in the country knew it was a big lie. The UN wanted the oil. Period. They wanted to have somebody in their pocket they could control so they could take over the oil reserves in East Timor.

So, people ...it's all about oil...all about oil. Oil is the mantra shouted and the idol bowed to...oil is everything... the AntiChrist will use oil as his throne to his dark kingdom.

paid a bunch of starving, uneducated villagers bags of rice in exchange for them acting like a bunch of sad, oppressed people longing for independence

if they are starving they probably are sad and oppressed, eh? :D

Why does the UN need oil?

You mean the leading nations of the UN? The USA? France? Russia? England? all of the above???

Where does the money go?

(anyone wishing to reply - No opinions please...this is a search for verifiable facts)

And since the need for oil is a fact of life....what is wrong with keeping our economy alive?

There must be a balance between "greedy" oil companies and voracious consumption by the industrialized nations of the earth.

Are you ready to go back to the 7th Century???

:D

Oil and human rights in Sudan

These are Canadian and Chinese oil companies....

No fodder for you Bush haters....sorry....it's just not sexy if you can't blame America, eh?

Our governement has been steadfast in opposition to the regimes of Sudan who are doing this.

This is another reason why I just couldn't stomach the Sudanese UN Rep condemning us in Iraqi prisoner abuse.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Henry Kissinger once said, Control the oil and you will control the nations, Control the food and you will control the people. I dont know of that is word for word, but it was something like that. and that was about two decades ago. Makes you think tho.

cheers.

eric.