• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/06/1986

Sometimes I feel like such a failure as a Christian because I feel that I connect with God less and less these days. I have a particular problem that's bugging me at the moment, and it is affecting me in a very deep way. I have prayed about it, but I just can't seem to hear God's voice about the matter. I want to know what He thinks, whether He approves of it or not. It's not that I don't think He is trying to speak to me, but rather that I think I am closed off and not listening to His voice. How can I open my heart up to Him so that I can hear what He has to say on the matter I'm praying about? I just don't know what to do...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Stichy, I feel the same way at times. I think we all do. It's tough to follow the "be still and know that I am God" instruction. But basically that is what we have to do. Keep praying and wait. God has his own timing in matters and it is usually just when we think nothing will happen, He does something. Waiting is so difficult. We start doubting. Dig into HIS Word and keep praying. He will answer.

Hang in there...God is always faithful.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/20/1965

Before one can hear the voice of God one must first quiet his own voice. What ever it is that you have been praying about is a very emotional thing for you, and are own emotions if they are strong enough can mute the voice of God speaking to our hearts.

Take all your own feelings and emotions on the matter to the Cross and allow them to died there. In order to recieve God point of view we must dead to our own.

Be patient sometimes it takes a while for the human heart to enter into a position were it can recieve from God. Be encouraged God is alwys willing to communicate his will to his children. Do not give, but pursue the matter in prayer, God honors this type of faith.

Sometimes I feel like such a failure as a Christian because I feel that I connect with God less and less these days. I have a particular problem that's bugging me at the moment, and it is affecting me in a very deep way. I have prayed about it, but I just can't seem to hear God's voice about the matter. I want to know what He thinks, whether He approves of it or not. It's not that I don't think He is trying to speak to me, but rather that I think I am closed off and not listening to His voice. How can I open my heart up to Him so that I can hear what He has to say on the matter I'm praying about? I just don't know what to do...

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  104
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

I don't know what issue you are having in your life right now, but I don't believe that God will always give us answers.

He created us to make for ourselves. To serve Him in all we do, yes, but we must make for ourselves if we can.

If you try too hard to hear, you will look behind, around, and under the answer that is right in front of you. God wants us to figure things out for ourselves, it's his proof that he has created a wonderful brain in us all. Don't listen too hard and you'll find what you're looking for. Sometimes he won't speak with you, but he will instead point you in the direction to find your answer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Through studying His word, worship, prayer and fasting, we allow His Spirit to change our lives. As our lives become changed, we become closer to Him. The closer we are to God, the clearer His voice becomes. The more we hear His voice, the easier it is to distinguish between out thoughts and His voice. For me, I pray that I come close enough to God to hear the whisper of His Spirit in a loud, crowded room.

Be Blessed from God,

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Simply trust God to give you his thoughts and wisdom. Just simple trust. Tell him that you are trusting him with all of yourself and that you know he is coming through for you. Then carefully and deliberately begin making decisions. As you do so just keep trusting God to get through to you. HE is ever faithful. He will give you his thoughts and leadership. You do not need anything spectacular. You need simple faith. Read the Word. Pray. TRUST. He will never let you down.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

It's hard when we really, really need God to come thru for us, yet we don't know where He is in what we are experiencing, and which direction He wants us to go in.

I tend to follow two truths: 1. Everything God says in His Word is true, because, well ... He said it is. And 2. He says if I honestly seek Him with all my heart, I WILL find Him; for me, its not really about WHAT i'm supposed to do. I find the harder I try to see my way, the 'foggier' it gets. Rather, try to know God more ... and He will reveal to you what He wants you to know and when He wants you to know it.

It's really about growing your faith and trust ... and not so much about 'getting it right'

RELAX in your faith ... HE called you ... and He will get you there! Don't let satan mess with your emotions ...

YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER!!!!!! (God says you are) :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It's hard when we really, really need God to come thru for us, yet we don't know where He is in what we are experiencing, and which direction He wants us to go in.

I tend to follow two truths: 1. Everything God says in His Word is true, because, well ... He said it is. And 2. He says if I honestly seek Him with all my heart, I WILL find Him; for me, its not really about WHAT i'm supposed to do. I find the harder I try to see my way, the 'foggier' it gets. Rather, try to know God more ... and He will reveal to you what He wants you to know and when He wants you to know it.

It's really about growing your faith and trust ... and not so much about 'getting it right'

RELAX in your faith ... HE called you ... and He will get you there! Don't let satan mess with your emotions ...

YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER!!!!!! (God says you are) :wub:

Amen!

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Birthday:  08/26/1969

Sometimes we have to be quiet & listen to the little things around us. Read about Elijah after a huge earthquake & fire & all the natural disasters going on around him he heard a still small voice that was GOd. Sometimes we think its gonna be a big huge voice & we fail to pay attention to the little things around us that god may be using to speak to us. Keep praying & keepinp reading the Bible & you will draw closer to Him. God bless You!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

If you want to hear God, listen to what He says.

Hebrews 1:1-2. "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son.

In John 1:1-14 we read of Jesus being the word, and all this is saying is that at one time God spoke to the prophets in various way; directly by voice, visions, and dreams. In this present time God talks to us through His word, and that is Jesus.

If you want to know what God has to say to you, it will be through His word. Many times we feel as if we are wandering in a far country as the prodigal son did because we are weak in faith. When you have faith to know you are pleasing God it comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17.

And then in 2 Peter 3:18 we are told to "Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ," and 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Do all this and you will hear God's voice and know His perfect will for your life. You'll even know what to pray for. :blink: