IGNORED

Is G-d a racist?

traveller

Thank you, Lana and Traveller.  Mark skimmed through your posts because he was in a hurry, but he said he would look at it more closely when he is able.  Traveller, after skimming your post, my husband was impressed.  He said it looks like it is the best explanation he has ever seen.  I have told him the same things George and Donbam had previoulsy posted.  Our rabbi and a Messianic rabbi in a neighboring city have told him the same thing George and Donbam have said, but Mark is always searching for more answers and a better explanation, and the one you gave is probably the most fitting.  Thank you for your support, your answers, and your prayers.  I will keep you posted as to when Mark trusts G-d and gives himself over to our L-rd.

• 4 months later...
Guest Griffin

Ok Very good post not to bad.  problem siting a few lines here and there does not end the issue.

and since we speak of ourselves in third person,  The Griffin awakes and streaches his wings to reply to the issue at hand.

The Midenight men, touched women, and male children were the only ones killed, leaving the untouched women left?  Odd, NO?

Ezra 9 the beating and running off of non-Jewish people. Calling the Jews a "holy race" means the other races are what?  un-holy race.  from the prophets own mouth.

Nehemiah 13:3 exclude all foreigners from Isreal.  Is this racist?  Further is this "no respecting of persons"?

Rev sites 144,000 Jews/Israelies to be sealed (whatever that means)  again seperation based on race, respecting of persons I ask.  

Again the dog referance, no where is the term dog used in scripture to mean anything "good".  and on and on it goes,

Paul may have made no seperation in his writing but his actions make that seperation "To the Jew first"  actions speak louder than words, I believe.  Jesus siting "go not onto the gentiles"  THIS IS RESPECTING OF PERSONS CLEARLY!  Jesus made the seperation many many times with many differant groups.  reaching out to other groups of people from time to time does not constitute "no respaecting of persons"  even the most abused dogs get a bone thrown to them from time to time.  In closeing I need see racist overtones from Abraham in Gen to Revlations, sorry but it is there.

As far a seed vs. seeds goes seed is like deer can be either single or more than one.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Griffin, this was taking place way back when many gods were worshipped by each nation. The racism that you refer to is (my opinion) not having to do with skin color or nationality, but worshipping the One True God. In the book of  Ezra the Jews were returning from their 70 year Babylonian captivity. This is a fore shadow of the church. It is a beginning again of the jewish nation, one which the Lord God wanted to remain pure.  The problem was the infiltration of idols by the "strange women. " The mixture of true God worship and idolatry. So yes, holy vs unholy.

Much of the OT is dealing with keeping God's people from pagans. Look at Jacob's wife Rachel.

Even his wife took idols.

Gen 31:19 And Laban went to shear his sheep: and Rachel had stolen the images that [were] her father's.

Anyway, my .02 cents worth.

:???:

Guest Griffin
First thanks for the reply Traveller.

Griffin, this was taking place way back when many gods were worshipped by each nation. The racism that you refer to is (my opinion) not having to do with skin color or nationality, but worshipping the One True God. In the book of

Guest Griffin

Man I read (tried) my post, man I should drink less that soon in the day :P   Sorry for the confussion

:???:

Anyhow "respecting of persons"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry, my post looks pretty unclear. BTW, why do you call yourself a griffin? Are you fierce?

:P

Okay, what I've been trying to say (not very well I might add) is this.  Once upon a time, a long long time ago, God created men. Why? Why do that? To serve God, that's why.  Well, you know the story. Adam & wifey messed up. So, who served God? Remember all the begatting? Adam begat Seth begat Enoch begat yada . yada. yada . Noah begat Shem . yada. yada. yada .Abraham et al. This line of people served God. Not all of their brothers & sisters along the way, but a certain line of 'em. Now every where else in the world they were worshipping other gods. Moon gods, sun gods, created gods. But one tiny family line served God. These people eventually began to be called Jews and everyone else was a gentile. So, my opinion only, is that the Jews were God servers and the gentiles were pagans.

Now God wanted to keep his people pure. Clean from idol worshipping. As it was, exotic rituals were making their way into the camps of God's people. (reference to Rachael. ) So, God began to take stricter action to keep his people free from idolatry.  All of the punishment and judgement in the OT is from straying away from God.

Time goes on, God's people taking land away from gentiles (pagans) and this and that until we come now to the important verse that brought up this thread .

Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] to dogs.

Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Jesus was trying to point out to his hard headed friends that GOD'S PEOPLE are those that worship and believe God. So even a gentile (pagan) could put away their past idols and come to the master's table.  SHE understoond that. His diciples didn't.

Any hoo, God is not a racist. Clearly there's another answer. After all, He created the differences in race.

:D

Guest Griffin

I call myself Griffin for this reason.  Being 1/2 Jew and 1/2 Gentile, willing to neither forsake neitherside for the otherside, and claiming rights to all that both have.  Like the griffin 1/2 Eagle 1/2 Lion, and I have been know to get into a few scraps now and again, but that is another story.  :thumb:   I am tooooo old and hel slower than I use to now though and you know what that stuff hurts I don't care what anyone has to say.  Traveller with all due respect I see things diffrent and not wanting to fall into old bad habits I will bow to your opnion on this issue.   :???:

Does anyone know why Jesus told the Caananite woman that He was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and called her a dog, not fit to eat the children's bread, or something like that.

I think Christ was using this episode to show how this simple women understood the heart of the Law better than all the scribes and pharisees and the legalists, and therefore was a child of God by faith already. The love and faith this women had was greater than the legalism of the law. It is ironic that He called her a dog because he was in fact proving that she was anything but, exposing again the self righteousness of the legalists. She was in fact, one of the lost sheep He was sent to. Christ was sent to fulfill the Law and was in that sense sent to the Jews but really, he was sent to the lost of all races. A strict interpretation of the Law and OT is racist. Why else would the Jews in Israel want a "JEWISH" only state. Many of them still look on the Palestinians as dogs and probably some feel that way about all gentiles.  :P

It is plain that God is not dealing/relating to the whole world at this time.  He is mainly concerned with Israel that is composed of the two houses: Israel and Judah

Sorry, I don't buy that. My God is concerned with every single human being. What you are describing is the legalism of the Law, not the New Covenant times we are now living in.