• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit will take you from where ever you are and bring you into the truth, if you are willing to allow Him to do so. Humble yourself, where ever you are, and die to yourself, so He can live in and through you. He will tell you only what He is told.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding;

In all your ways acknowledge Him,

And He shall direct your paths.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are teasing, right? How do you know they were not believers? How much, do you know about the translators of the KJV? I know little about King James.

Why don't we all just use the Bible version that we find inspiration and understanding from?

I would agree with the Pastor on this, but I will add that the translators of the NIV (which I used to use myself) were not even christians or believers. They practiced another religion called Satanism.

I have many friends that are translators and it is their job to know. That is why I know and I am not teasing.

I know that the KJV is one of the best versions on the market and it is also one of the most anti-semitic by bible scholar standards. That does not mean I do not use it, but that is why I enjoy the Complete Jewish Bible by Dr. Stern - An Orthodox Jewish man. That version is not perfect either, but at least it takes out all the anti-semitism and puts back in the original Jewish thought and sayings. Most of the Hebrew words are not anymore difficult to read and speak than their English counterparts.

I'd say most bibles that are on the market are good with the exception of the paraphrase versions. It leaves out too much to be accurate.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

You are teasing, right? How do you know they were not believers? How much, do you know about the translators of the KJV? I know little about King James.

Why don't we all just use the Bible version that we find inspiration and understanding from?

I would agree with the Pastor on this, but I will add that the translators of the NIV (which I used to use myself) were not even christians or believers. They practiced another religion called Satanism.

I'm not looking for inspiration, I'm looking for TRUTH. I want to know just what God has to say and not what some man thinks God says. The difference between an literal translation and a dynamic translation.

LT

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

Who Authorized the "1611" King James Version?

what a person is reading these days (most people that claim they read only the "authorized" King James version) are not actually reading the true 1611 KJV. in fact, very few.

I am not speaking against the King James Version..... but was not King James, just a man?

by the way, Prince Charles and Princes Di are cousins...... something in the neighborhood of 12th cousins once removed (if I did the count right), and King James was the Great great great great great great great great great great grandpa (11 greats) of Prince Charles and the great great great great great great great great great grandpa (10 greats) of Princes Di.....

anyways, there are many discussions on bible preference and which ones are thought to be more accurate.....

something to think about, is King James (even though he was very well educated in languages) did not do the translation himself, he had others working on it, to include (possibly) Shakespeare.

have a wonderful ice filled day..... :laugh:

mike

i skimmed through this thread just to find a shakespeare reference so i can share something i learned in poetry class.

will shakespeare had a friend who was a translator for the 1611 project. and for his 46th birthday, he translated the 46th psalm with him in mind :noidea: if you count 46 words from "God" in verse 1, you come to "shake", and count 46 words backwards from "refuge" in verse 11 (because "Selah" wasn't considered a word, but a musical sign of some sort) and you come to "speare".

but to the original post, just to nit-pick...

"help" and "meet" don't belong together to form one word. that is always a problem i find with KJV only peeps... they don't know the language :thumbsup: it's simply a "help" (aka helper) "meet" (that is, "comparable with"...) like John the Baptist says in Mat 3:8 "...bring forth fruits meet (comparable with / worthy of) repentance."

as for the NIV's missing scriptures. it isn't missing any when you look at the greek manuscripts it was translated from. and older doesn't mean better. there are greek texts just as old as the ones used for the NIV that match up with the Received Text/Byzantine Tradition, and there are more manuscripts that line up with the Received Text/Byzantine Tradition which is why they are called Majority Texts. :noidea:

John

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

the most authentic is the original kjv version. these days, what we find in the name of original kjv also has some edit done. bible was not translated in any other version or language better than this. get hold of one if you can see through weightier matters above thee and thy.

what about the Tyndale? and the Geneva? what about the Latin? do you know how the German or the Spanish or the Finish or the Danish or Islandic or others are?

the King James was "Authorized" by a man, so that people could legally have an English version. prior to people being authorized to have an english version, people lost their lives over the attempts to get an english version printed.

1385 Wycliffe Manuscript New Testament (had written in English).

1455 Gutenberg Bible: The First Book Ever Printed (The first thing ever printed by the inventor of the printing press, was a Latin Bible printed in Germany in 1455).

In 1496, John Colet, another Oxford professor and the son of the Mayor of London, started reading the New Testament in Greek and translating it into English for his students at Oxford.

Martin Luther would translate the New Testament into German for the first time from the 1516 Greek-Latin New Testament of Erasmus, and publish it in September of 1522.

1536 Tyndale New Testament (burned at the stake for printing it, first one to come off a printing press).

1549 Matthew-Tyndale Bible (taken from the original greek and hebrew).

1560 Geneva Bible: First Edition (this is the one that came over on the mayflower, used by Shakespear.

1611 King James Bible: First Edition.

1846 Illuminated Bible.

1841 English Hexapla Parallel New Testament.

there are others, that we could list here... and this was only a very small fraction of some of the history of the Bible, not much at all, just a small fraction of it.....

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I would agree with the Pastor on this, but I will add that the translators of the NIV (which I used to use myself) were not even Christians or believers. They practiced another religion called Satanism.

I'm not looking for inspiration, I'm looking for TRUTH. I want to know just what God has to say and not what some man thinks God says. The difference between an literal translation and a dynamic translation.

LT

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I would agree with the Pastor on this, but I will add that the translators of the NIV (which I used to use myself) were not even Christians or believers. They practiced another religion called Satanism.

LT

As I understand it. It was THE International Bible Society that did the NIV, the latest Gender Nuetral bible and several others. When they came out with a more Gender neutral bible I just had to write and asked them why and here is the letter and responces.

Please ignore the sales pitch for my book as I have since discovered that it is not ready for the body of Christ.

xmassoritex@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----

To: Massorite@aol.com

Sent: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 9:45 pm

Subject: Fw: Ezekiel 39:2

----- Original Message ----- From: Gene Rubingh To: Robert Cook Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:24 PMSubject: RE: Ezekiel 39:2

Dear Mr. Cook, Thank you for your gracious response together with the wonderful account of your spiritual journey. You are so right about the speculation attending the many millennial views out there. Several of them are very decisive about their views, but have no Scriptural support. I

• 11 months later...

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

New World Translation all the way! :consoling2:

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

might I suggest you check out this debate on the subject.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Debat...sl-t102399.html

I'm not reading 56 posts! I'll stick with my preconceived notions and biases thank-you very much! :consoling2:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

might I suggest you check out this debate on the subject.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Debat...sl-t102399.html

I'm not reading 56 posts! I'll stick with my preconceived notions and biases thank-you very much! :consoling2:

This looks serious....you've got that foot thing going on. :consoling2: