• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Personally...I think you are reading into it exactly what the ADL hopes you would.

:emot-questioned: Care to explain what you have against the ADL?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Whether I agree with it or not isn't really the point...but I certainly wouldn't blame people for making that connection. That is not racism.
It is racism even if you are too blind to make room for it. The problem is the assumption that the conncection exists in the first place.

There wasn't ONE racist question in the poll even. Racism would be if 31% of the people polled said the ecomony failed because Jews are greedy. Thats racism.
It was the answers that were racist, and they reflect classic anti-Semitic Nazi propaganda of prior to the Holocaust.

Racism:

1. a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups. Oxford English Dictionary,

2. belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular racial group, and that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary

3. the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others. Macquarie Dictionary

Just quoting a dictionary is not good enough. Racism manifests itself in different ways. In fact, racism is quite sophisticated in how it tries desparately NOT to be seen as racism.

To say that "Jews in the financial industry are responsible for the economic meltdown" is NOT racism. It is an opinion based on the fact that many of the big names involved are people who are Jewish. They didn't even say ALL Jews are responsible...they specifically said the ones in the financial industry. Now you and I may disagree with those 31% of Europeans (I tend to blame liberals...although some of the major players are Jewish democrats)...but I am not going to assume 31% of Europeans who participated are anti-semitic simply because they have a different opinion.
The problem with that is when you look at the other questions in the poll.

The other questions in the poll and the responses given in the poll show a majority animimosity toward Jews and when the question about Jews in the finanicial sector are placed in the context of the rest of the poll, the respondents are overwhelming anti-Semitic.

What Axxman is doing is assigning HIS values to the respondents in order to make the respondents racist responses appear "normal." However, anyone who approaches the poll objectively, and looks at ALL of the responses to ALL of the questions one will see clearly, that the poll reflects a clear anti-Semitic bent in those questioned.

Is labeling people as anti-semitic based on past history racist? NO
Yes it is. It would be like Native Americans labeling and stereotyping all white people today based on what the US government did to them in the 1800s. It is like assuming that because your store was robbed by two black guys, ten years ago, that black people are thieves. Yeah, labeling people based on history is racist, and unacceptable.

it is a perfectly understandable opinion.
There is nothing understandable about racism. It is irrational hatred; as irrational as snake oil you are peddling here.

Guest shiloh357
I think you are reading into it exactly what the ADL hopes you would.
No, the rest of poll tells you all you need to know.

You can't assume that these people are blaming "all" Jews...any more than you can assume that they think "all" non-Jews are innocent.
Actually the resopndents in the poll did not make an effort to isolate any specific Jews. Nothing in their responses indicate that they felt that way about "some Jews."

Do you think the 31% would have answered the same way if the question was "Do you blame ALL Jews for the economic meltdown?" I doubt it.
The number increases in other issues in the poll. The one question about the finanicial meltdown is not the only question on the poll. When examined with the other poll questions, it is impossible to interpret the response of the 31% in any other manner than the obvious anti-Semitic motives that color all of the responses to the poll.

Furthermore, all but one answer (loyalty to Israel) reflect indentically the racism that was rampant in pre-holocaust Germany to boot. The identical relfection is inescapable and any attempt to deny it is nothing but intellectual suicide.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Good grief. Some people have as much animus for Jews and Israel as many here have for George W. Bush.

It is my belief that God is using all of that anti-semitism to bring His people back to the land of their fathers and it is working. It does have a purpose in the plan of God.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Personally...I think you are reading into it exactly what the ADL hopes you would.

:emot-questioned: Care to explain what you have against the ADL?

LoL...care to explain what a strong, right-wing, conservative likes about the ADL? Lets just say that I believe the ADL is a joke on par with the United Nations, ACORN, La Raza or the ACLU.

Guest shiloh357

To show WHY the poll respondents who blame the Jews for the global financial meltdown are anti-Semitic, here is nother article that shows just how not only Europe but other places in the world hold to the same views:

Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theories Spread Globally As World Markets Grapple With Financial Crisis

New York, NY, October 16, 2008

First of all Abe Foxman represents donors...not the Jewish community (Foxman's words, not mine. October 2005, NY University) Secondly, are we really going to allow the racist bashing of Europeans because of a few comments following articles...or letters to the editor in newspapers?

The ADL has little credibility left to make these very vague accusations. However, with that said, there is racism in the world...but five vague little snippets from around the world is NOT enough to condemn one-third of Europe as anti-semitic.

Guest shiloh357
First of all Abe Foxman represents donors...not the Jewish community (Foxman's words, not mine. October 2005, NY University) Secondly, are we really going to allow the racist bashing of Europeans because of a few comments following articles...or letters to the editor in newspapers?

The ADL has little credibility left to make these very vague accusations. However, with that said, there is racism in the world...but five vague little snippets from around the world is NOT enough to condemn one-third of Europe as anti-semitic.

Yeah, like that is all I have. The evidence is far more plentious than you think.

The problem is that you are not willing to be the least bit objective about the facts or the original poll. You act as if there was only one question to the poll, but the entire poll with all of the questions taken together show that it is far more than 1/3. The poll shows that far more than 1/3 have very anti-Semitic leanings.

The ADL has quite a bit of credibility in this area and has been faithfullying exposing anti-Semitism for almost 100 years. I don't agree with their positions on various matters, but when it comes to issues surrounding anti-Semitism, they are ususally quite on track. They can hardly be put in the same category as the UN or ACLU by any thinking person.

LoL...Objective???

Objective would have been having an objective poll in the first place. Objective would be the ADL announcing that 50-60 years after 6 million Jews were murdered in Europe that almost 70% of Europeans don't blame the Jews...instead of focusing on the 31% that answered their skewed questions wrong. Objective would be not crying racism everytime somebody noticed that a Jew isn't infallible. Its been a long time since the ADL has done anything objectively...and this poll is further proof of that.

There are plenty of thinking people that are DONE with the leftist propaganda machine that the ADL has become. They lost their credibility when Foxman turned them from a civil rights group into a political front.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:24: Care to explain what you have against the ADL?

LoL...care to explain what a strong, right-wing, conservative likes about the ADL? Lets just say that I believe the ADL is a joke on par with the United Nations, ACORN, La Raza or the ACLU.

Other than what their stated purposes are ( http://www.adl.org/about.asp ), I'm not familiar with their activities.

This is why I asked.