IGNORED

doubt regarding how prayers are answered.

GerdaHannah

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

I have a doubt regarding how our prayers are answered. I guess it might seem a little foolish, but I want to be sure of my facts.

I understand that we will never be able to understand how/why God answers our prayers. But from what has been portrayed in 'traditional' churches, it almost looks like God uses us only to get what He wants done.

Please tell me it is not so. He does consider what we want, what our feelings are, but doesn't give us what we want only because it is not good for us. Otherwise He would definitely give us what we want.

He wouldn't try to be moralistic and deny us our desires merely because He wants us to be His slaves and do what He wants us to.

Its more like He wants us to do what He wants us to because it is good for us.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Blessings.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

I have a doubt regarding how our prayers are answered. I guess it might seem a little foolish, but I want to be sure of my facts.

I understand that we will never be able to understand how/why God answers our prayers. But from what has been portrayed in 'traditional' churches, it almost looks like God uses us only to get what He wants done.

Please tell me it is not so. He does consider what we want, what our feelings are, but doesn't give us what we want only because it is not good for us. Otherwise He would definitely give us what we want.

He wouldn't try to be moralistic and deny us our desires merely because He wants us to be His slaves and do what He wants us to.

Blessings.

He doesn't consider us as a slave although we very well could be. He asked us to approach him as a Father and he teaches us to address him as a Father in heaven.

He request us to be sincere and no repetitive and long prayers that we don't mean.

Start with a thanksgiving for all the prayers he has answered.

There are times for praise and thanksgiving

He asked us to forgive all our enemies and if there is something to reconcile or restitute, sort it out before coming to him.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I think there are at least 3 conditions that must be met for a prayer of request. 1) It must indeed be for our good 2) It must Glorify His name 3) It must fit in to His overall plan. Not necessarily in this order.

Now this is just my opinion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

Blessings.

Much like any good Father...don't you agree? :)

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Prayer is a means of bringing us into conformity with God

• This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

I understand that we will never be able to understand how/why God answers our prayers. Blessings.

Greetings in Jesus Mighty Name !

A Scripture passage came to mind immediately upon reading your post. It's found in 1 Jn.5.14,15..

1 John 5.14 - "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us:

15. And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him."

The best foundation to have is one based soley on what does The Word say.. it will take away much of the guesswork and confusion that people have regarding what God's will is.

There are a great many times that we do not know how/what to pray for. That's where Romans 8.26,27 kicks in..

Ro.8.26 - "Likewise The Spirit helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but The Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of The Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

Both passages make it crystal clear that it's prayer thats' according to His will that He answers.

The second most urgent reuirement is faith which is simply trust that God means what He says and will do what He says in any given situation according to His Word / Promises. I won't type them out but if you would look up

Mt.21.21,22 and Mk.9.23 and get that in your spirit man, then you have a solid foundation on which to base your prayer life on. (There's much more but that's a start ).

Opinions of men vary but God's Word does not change. Amen. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

Blessings.

If GOD sees that it will harm you and HE doesn't want that to happen, HE will say no.

IF GOD sees it will interfere with HIS plan or intention, HE will say no.

If GOD sees it as a moral issue, HE might say no.

If GOD wants to teach you a lesson, HE might give you all you desire so you can see how wrong your desires are and after they cripple you, HE will ease you back on the path.

Ultimately, GOD answers prayer with one eye to the eternal, one eye to the temporal, and a few more eyes to the points and places in between.

One thing is absolutely certain, GOD is working all things for the good of those who are HIS elect, for HIS glory and HIS purposes.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

Blessings.

It is true that God uses us to get what He's after. He does, after all, have a "household plan," an "economy," which is carried out in, by, and through the church. God answers all prayer......Sometimes the answer is "no."

• Topic Count:  159
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

Blessings.

"it ain't so" GerdaHannah! :whistling:

i think you're right on target here. look at matthew 7:10

if ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

just as a good parent does not give his children everything they ask for, so God our Father doesn't give us everything we ask for. nor does He withhold from us what is for our good. psalm 84:11

for the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

i think you know the truth, GerdaHannah, just maybe looking for confirmation? God is a GOOD Father, and as such, He doesn't use us--not in the way man would.

hope this helps some!

dear Charitow,

I did come across this verse in the Bible and asked a pastor I know.

The last part of the verse ends with "No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly". I had asked him and he said the walk uprightly phrase means those who obey the ten commandments. And since it is the Psalms, it doesn't apply to us today. Then how can we claim it and assume that He will not withhold anything good from me.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is an odd topic, sometimes god answers prayer requests by not granting ones wish (for good reason) and sometimes he answers prayers by granting the wish to discipline you.