• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

Greetings all who hail Jesus' name!

I was watching on GodTV on their series Apocalypse and the End Times and one of their teachers suggested this possibility for the meaning of the mark of the beast, ie: 666 (which many symbolize to say 6 = number of man, etc etc).

He said something to do the extent of this:

John wrote down what he saw.

This teacher suggested that John was not writing in greek, but aramaic. Since aramaic is read right to left, when reading the words that greek translates to '666', it literally translates, 'allah' - signifying that John was prophecying of the most dishonoring religion ever to wreck this planet - to say Jesus is not God and that He did not die on a Cross!

anyways,

thoughts?

MarleVVLL

View Public Profile

Find all posts by MarleVVLL

Add MarleVVLL to Your Contacts

Saw this on another Christian chat site and thought it was very interesting. For your viewing pleasure.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Paul, are you born again and what does Jesus mean to you?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  171
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

Greetings all who hail Jesus' name!

I was watching on GodTV on their series Apocalypse and the End Times and one of their teachers suggested this possibility for the meaning of the mark of the beast, ie: 666 (which many symbolize to say 6 = number of man, etc etc).

He said something to do the extent of this:

John wrote down what he saw.

This teacher suggested that John was not writing in greek, but aramaic. Since aramaic is read right to left, when reading the words that greek translates to '666', it literally translates, 'allah' - signifying that John was prophecying of the most dishonoring religion ever to wreck this planet - to say Jesus is not God and that He did not die on a Cross!

anyways,

thoughts?

MarleVVLL

View Public Profile

Find all posts by MarleVVLL

Add MarleVVLL to Your Contacts

Saw this on another Christian chat site and thought it was very interesting. For your viewing pleasure.

Hmmm, never heard this before, but I would have to disagree and for this reason. Allah, is the arabic name for "god". Now, many will proclaim that the god of the muslims is the same god of the OT (YHWH). This is not true. If you look at the symbol for the muslims (Islam), it is the cresent moon and star. This symbol came from an adoption that they took in the 1400's. It actually represents "Allah, the moon god". This came at a period during the Ottoman empire. There is much history involved here and suggest you read about it further for yourself.

But to get to the point, "666" is the name of the person who will proclaim himself to be a god. He will not share the spotlight with any other. The meaning behind the mark will be that of devotion and worship to this man proclaiming to be god. For Him to say that He is "Allah", he would lose the trust of the Jews in which he makes a peace treaty with...this couldn't happen. For the jews to accept him as a messiah, one would have to believe that this antichrist to come, may be jewish...This would go agaist the Koran and the muslims wouldn't accept if he said he was Allah. I believe that he will be Jewish, he will not proclaim to be any god we have ever heard of, he will exalt himself...this will fullfill the prophecy of Daniel.

Daniel 11:36And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

Hope this answers your question my friend.

With love in Christ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  164
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

That is a good question? Are you born again? What does Jesus mean to me? Without Jesus I'm lost in my sins. But by the Blood of Jesus Christ my God and Savior I'm made righteous in the sight of God. II Corinthians 5:21 put it best Jesus Christ took my sins upon Himself so that I as believers might be may righteous in God.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death" because of my sins I will died and go to hell, But wait "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." By God the Father giving me the gift of His only Son I not only have eternal life but become adopted (John 1:12; Romans 8:15-16) into the Family of God. His death and resurrection (I Corinthians 15:3-4) save me from hell fire.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I personally believe that anything islamic is of the devil but you can all see for yourselves. Here is a ton of research done on this subject (from WebMinistry):

http://www.web-ministry.com/index3.php

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Paul, I have a very hard time believing a Christian documentary would allege such a preposterous idea...

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I believe the mark to be the servitude and worship of Islam. I believe the beast is islam but I understand its not a popular theory. We look at scriptures with western/greek thinking and not in the hebrew that it was taught in. Have you ever heard of Walid Shoebat or better yet Rico Cortes? Cortes is a hebraic teacher that has an excellent teaching on this subject, here it is if anyone is interested, start at Who is Amalek.

http://www.godslearningchannel.com/tools/v...N=Rico%20Cortes

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/13/1948

My friend, John was indeed writing in Greek. However, that's not the most important issue, which, I have an appointment and don't have time to do this justice, so I'll only say this...

Many "so called" christian preachers and teachers are rising up in these last days. Their purpose is to lead astray those that do not truly know the Holy Bible. That covers many millions as many people only get a few scriptures when they go to church and hear preaching.

They never read the Bible themselves.

That's why in the last days there'll be a great falling away... We are in that day now.

Last, study the KJV Bible for yourself, pray and ask God to show you personally what it means. He will.

God Bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

That is a good question? Are you born again? What does Jesus mean to me? Without Jesus I'm lost in my sins. But by the Blood of Jesus Christ my God and Savior I'm made righteous in the sight of God. II Corinthians 5:21 put it best Jesus Christ took my sins upon Himself so that I as believers might be may righteous in God.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death" because of my sins I will died and go to hell, But wait "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." By God the Father giving me the gift of His only Son I not only have eternal life but become adopted (John 1:12; Romans 8:15-16) into the Family of God. His death and resurrection (I Corinthians 15:3-4) save me from hell fire.

Amen brother :noidea:

We have to be soooo careful what we watch on TV,even Christian programs are teachings are decieving and wrong, I agree that the Christians and Muslims are not serving the same God and that the number 666 is often used in combination with the devil, if I remember right, does Obama drives in cars with 666 on the licence plate?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Amen brother :blink:

We have to be soooo careful what we watch on TV,even Christian programs are teachings are decieving and wrong, I agree that the Christians and Muslims are not serving the same God and that the number 666 is often used in combination with the devil, if I remember right, does Obama drives in cars with 666 on the licence plate?

And there is proof that we have to be careful what we believe that's posted on Worthy as well. This is not a very Christian thing to say. :laugh: