IGNORED

Digital cameras

Guest LadyC
I use my camera for action shots while climbing. I choose this one, Canon PowerShot S3. Not only are they great for what I do, but also for any other type of point and shoot shots I can think of. The basic ability to hold it one handed was a major selling point for me with its side grip capability. It also has the capacity of creating digital movies, the ability to upgrade the memory card and the ability to change certain effects electronically with a "macro" capability for taking real close up shots, like a caterpillar on a leaf.

It is important to know what you will be using your camera for and get one that is best suited for that purpose. My camera would be too much for what you presently need.

perfect example of what i was talking about before when i said not all cameras fit everyone's hands... i tried that one and it was horribly awkward. i opted for the powershot sx100is because it felt like it was designed for my hand!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1987

I am not an expert but these are things I wish I considered when buying cameras in the past, some times the lo tec advice is helpfull too, I hope :emot-questioned:

Optical zoom if the camera has only a digital zoom function the pictures can be grainy

The mega pixels most good cameras are between 7 and 10 mega pixels some are higher but unless you need professional quality it isn't worth the money

The anti shake function, this will correct any jittery hand movements and is important if you aren't going to set up a tripod ( I need this bigtime :wub: )

The size of the camera, I upgraded my little coolpix to a D60 and it so big it is no good for candid shots and is intruisive at weddings, it is too akward and heavy

Some digital cameras don't have a traditional view finder which can be off putting, the end result is easier to see on the screen but it eats up the battery

When you are buying your camera you will probably need a memory card also the internal memory is usually not very high and the card is easier if you aren't printing your pictures yourself.

The most important tip is about the Battery, at the very least you want a rechargeable lithium Ion battery as most cameras eat juice like there is no tommorow an integrated battery is better but you will probably need a second battery pack and it is expensive although you can get cheaper clone versions of them online for some cameras

Nikon and Cannon are probably the best although I had a little pentax that served me well untill I dropped it down some steps.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I use my camera for action shots while climbing. I choose this one, Canon PowerShot S3. Not only are they great for what I do, but also for any other type of point and shoot shots I can think of. The basic ability to hold it one handed was a major selling point for me with its side grip capability. It also has the capacity of creating digital movies, the ability to upgrade the memory card and the ability to change certain effects electronically with a "macro" capability for taking real close up shots, like a caterpillar on a leaf.

It is important to know what you will be using your camera for and get one that is best suited for that purpose. My camera would be too much for what you presently need.

perfect example of what i was talking about before when i said not all cameras fit everyone's hands... i tried that one and it was horribly awkward. i opted for the powershot sx100is because it felt like it was designed for my hand!

I have been told I have big hands, so they can wrap around many thing, like a awarkward feeling camera. :emot-questioned: