pezzaroo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I love Corinthians especially the Love Chapter... Love is not obsessive or clinging or unkind...

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

When I became a Christian, the very first book I read was Ecclesiastes. Maybe because I was such a workaholic. After reading that book, I viewed my life in a completely new light.

But the most over-read books for me are Psalms and Proverbs. I also love Ruth because I think it is a beautiful love story.

South :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Very hard to choose!! Hebrews has always been a favorite book for me. I also love Psalms. Gosh, they are all good! :45:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

what's your favorite book of the bible? this may be discriminatory to other books, but which do you like most?

i'm not sure what my 'favorite' is just yet, but i enjoyed reading Leviticus recently because some section caught my eye.. it was about how and what to eat! i had no idea a set of 'dietary laws' was formed by God! but apparently there are permitted and forbidden foods.. i reccomend reading it, it's interesting.. like how we're not supposed to eat among those who 'chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves' and then it gives all kinds of examples of animals of those kind like camels, rabbits, etc. who could eat a camel, though?? it made me giggle, but made me think, what if some societies do this? they're sinning and they might not even realize it! just by eating food! weird thought for me. and then it says to eat fish but not those 'without scales or fins' - so like, eel and stuff. again, who would want to eat that?? heh..

then Leviticus basically writes out every law there is.. i suppose like commandments, but different? it goes on about rituals after childbirth (what the mother must do), what to do about bodily discharges (as gross as that sounds, still good to know what's right and wrong), laws restricting incest, laws restricting homosexuality, then sort of ends the 'law' section with a 'what will happen if you break the laws' sort of thing.

it was just interesting to read. well, at least the footnotes and notes from the editors made it interesting and easier to understand. if you ever need to brush up on what's right and wrong, turn to Leviticus! :45:

tell me what you think! just read over all of chapters 11-12, 15, and 18-20.

I'd say Philippians. I love Chapter 2:5-11, about having the same mind as Jesus who gave up His rights as God to become human and die for me. I love Chapter 3:8-14, where Paul talks about the fact that everything is rubbish compared to knowing Jesus, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. I love Chapter 4, where we are told to be anxious for nothing, but pray for everything with thanksgiving, that God meets all of our needs, and that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

I'd follow that closely with 2 Corinthians 3-5, where it speaks of our transformation by the Spirit, God shining in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, that we are bondservants to others, and all things are for their sakes, so that grace, having spread through the many may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God, and that we are all new creatures in Christ Jesus, ending with that glorious passage "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/08/1991

what's your favorite book of the bible? this may be discriminatory to other books, but which do you like most?

i'm not sure what my 'favorite' is just yet, but i enjoyed reading Leviticus recently because some section caught my eye.. it was about how and what to eat! i had no idea a set of 'dietary laws' was formed by God! but apparently there are permitted and forbidden foods.. i reccomend reading it, it's interesting.. like how we're not supposed to eat among those who 'chew the cud or those that have cloven hooves' and then it gives all kinds of examples of animals of those kind like camels, rabbits, etc. who could eat a camel, though?? it made me giggle, but made me think, what if some societies do this? they're sinning and they might not even realize it! just by eating food! weird thought for me. and then it says to eat fish but not those 'without scales or fins' - so like, eel and stuff. again, who would want to eat that?? heh..

then Leviticus basically writes out every law there is.. i suppose like commandments, but different? it goes on about rituals after childbirth (what the mother must do), what to do about bodily discharges (as gross as that sounds, still good to know what's right and wrong), laws restricting incest, laws restricting homosexuality, then sort of ends the 'law' section with a 'what will happen if you break the laws' sort of thing.

it was just interesting to read. well, at least the footnotes and notes from the editors made it interesting and easier to understand. if you ever need to brush up on what's right and wrong, turn to Leviticus! :)

I'd say Philippians. I love Chapter 2:5-11, about having the same mind as Jesus who gave up His rights as God to become human and die for me. I love Chapter 3:8-14, where Paul talks about the fact that everything is rubbish compared to knowing Jesus, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. I love Chapter 4, where we are told to be anxious for nothing, but pray for everything with thanksgiving, that God meets all of our needs, and that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

I'd follow that closely with 2 Corinthians 3-5, where it speaks of our transformation by the Spirit, God shining in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, that we are bondservants to others, and all things are for their sakes, so that grace, having spread through the many may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God, and that we are all new creatures in Christ Jesus, ending with that glorious passage "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

i needed those verses for encouragement. thank you :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

it was just interesting to read. well, at least the footnotes and notes from the editors made it interesting and easier to understand. if you ever need to brush up on what's right and wrong, turn to Leviticus! :blink:

i needed those verses for encouragement. thank you :whistling:

You're welcome. I'm glad that God spoke to you when you needed to hear Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

1. Genesis

2. John

3. 1 and 2 Timothy

4. Romans

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1953

Well, let's see. The entire Bible is my favorite, but I have several books that I like to read first:

1. Psalms

2. Isaiah

3. Jeremiah

4. Ezekiel

5. Daniel

6. 1 and 2nd Thessalonians

7. Revelation

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Genesis chapter 37 to 45:2, and the book of Hebrews :thumbsup: .

Joseph's story is recorded in Gen.37-45: 2. Joseph is a biblical type of Jesus :wub: . After he was exalted from a position of condemnation to a position of exaltation, he took a Gentile bride.

And Joseph later wept so loud when he was finally reconciled to his Israelite brethren :emot-hug: , that all the Egyptians and the whole house of Pharaoh heard his loud sobs as he fell on the necks of his Israelite brothers. Egypt is a biblical type of the world, the house of Pharaoh is a biblical type of the kings and rulers of the world :dance:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

Genesis chapter 37 to 45:2, and the book of Hebrews :thumbsup: .

Joseph's story is recorded in Gen.37-45: 2. Joseph is a biblical type of Jesus :halo: . After he was exalted from a position of condemnation to a position of exaltation, he took a Gentile bride.

And Joseph later wept so loud when he was finally reconciled to his Israelite brethren :group-hug: , that all the Egyptians and the whole house of Pharaoh heard his loud sobs as he fell on the necks of his Israelite brothers. Egypt is a biblical type of the world, the house of Pharaoh is a biblical type of the kings and rulers of the world :amen:

Does anyone in the bible reflect Jesus more than Joseph. If I remember correctly it's very hard to find where he actually sinned in the bible. Reading about Joseph helps me realize that we can overcome sin.