Thysia

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Is there evil in heaven? The bible says yes. - Job 1:6 One day the heavenly beings came to presen themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

If you examine Revelation 12 you'll find that it's written in future tense, not past tense. It's in the context of future prophecy.

Also in Hebrews 1:10-12 it says

"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end."

The bible also indicates that there are different levels of heaven. 2 Cor 12: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven.....

Perhaps why the plural of 'heavens' is used in the bible.

Revelation talks about a new heaven and new earth. We wouldn't need a new heaven if it remained perfect. It just shows that God is sovereign above everything.

Rev 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and the one who sat on it; the earth and the heaven fled from his presence, and no place was found for them. Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth and had passed away....

Satan became proud, which was the beginning of all sin. Sin really being a rejection of God and his ways ultimatly. Because God is perfect. Satans pride caused him to reject Gods authority. How did he become proud in the first place? The bible doesn't say specifically, but we all have free will. Even angels.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

It is not the place that will make it perfect. It will be God's completing His work in us that will make it perfect.

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

Thank you all for your comments... looking forward to read them all.

Have been busy a lot and will be.... but will try to respond soon. Can't wait :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The bible also indicates that there are different levels of heaven. 2 Cor 12: 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven.....

I have heard different versions of what the third heaven is. The Lord showed it to Paul, and John and a few others.

One of my study bibles simplifies it (I don't say it is correct, as I am not sure myself) as first heaven - earth, second heaven - sky, third heaven - heaven.

And OneLight, I agree that there will be no sin in heaven, because of our desire to be with God and worship Him alongside the angels.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

OneLight as succinct and accurate as ever. Thank you!

I guess when Lucifer was thrown down there must have been free will, (or maybe some other other authority granted to angels by God that Lucifer rebelled against?) otherwise how would he been able to rebel?

But I think I might have it now, with your answer:

"That brings us up to the verse I first posted. You see, it is in the New Heaven and New Earth where there will be no more evil in Heaven. Satan is defeated once and for all. Satan will never be able to go to God and accuse His people any longer. Sin will be no more. We will forever live with God and He with us."

No sin as we will be in a perfect Heaven (new Heaven)?

This time, brother, I will try to be more succinct ... :emot-pray:

It is my belief that when God created the angels, He included in them the knowledge of good and evil. This is why pride was able to enter into Satan. We, on the other hand, were given a choice and we made the wrong one.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks EricH & Onelight!! I believe Heaven will be the perfect place because we will be made perfect by God and that it will be a place of peace and no evil. A place and time to look forward to - :emot-pray:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/08/1991

This is something I have always struggled with. If heaven is perfect, a utopia, how can that be if it is made up of billions of people? Billions of different political, personal views that sometimes contradict each other. There a racists in Heaven, since many Christians were racists back before the civil rights movement. I could not phathom living with racists for all eternity. How would black people get along with white-supremesists, and vice-versa? So in order for Heaven to be perfect, in order for everyone to live in harmony, our mindset would have to be changed. Everyone thinking the same thing, the same way. Basically, brainwashing, which ironically would make heaven a dystopia. Or maybe we all have our own seperate heaven, where everything that WE consider perfect exists. So, maybe Heaven is perfect, and how it works, humans cannot comprehend, or it isn't prefect, it's just a place that is much better than Earth. So if it is the latter, maybe evil thoughts can exist in Heaven, or maybe God simply made Satan a prideful being, which led to his corruption. We will probably never know in this life, and when we do know, it will be to late to have any relavance.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

This is something I have always struggled with. If heaven is perfect, a utopia, how can that be if it is made up of billions of people? Billions of different political, personal views that sometimes contradict each other. There a racists in Heaven, since many Christians were racists back before the civil rights movement. I could not phathom living with racists for all eternity. How would black people get along with white-supremesists, and vice-versa? So in order for Heaven to be perfect, in order for everyone to live in harmony, our mindset would have to be changed. Everyone thinking the same thing, the same way. Basically, brainwashing, which ironically would make heaven a dystopia. Or maybe we all have our own seperate heaven, where everything that WE consider perfect exists. So, maybe Heaven is perfect, and how it works, humans cannot comprehend, or it isn't prefect, it's just a place that is much better than Earth. So if it is the latter, maybe evil thoughts can exist in Heaven, or maybe God simply made Satan a prideful being, which led to his corruption. We will probably never know in this life, and when we do know, it will be to late to have any relavance.

John,

Welcome... When we receive the Salvation of Christ - we are to be devoted to God and live a life where we will turn from and not tolerate sin. When we are welcomed into Heaven - we have been made whole by God... There is no hatred or anger in Heaven, our bodies will be healed and new... God has created in us a new spirit - I do not believe we will even be aware of our old selves. Blessings.

I have been thinking about something and was wondering how you think about this.

And i really hope someone can give me an answer.

Heaven is perfect. No sickness, no pain, no sadness, no sin etc etc. All people are happy, healthy and everything is 100% perfect in heaven.

What i don't get is the following: how is it possible, that in a 100% perfect place satan got the evil idea of wanting to be equal to God.

So that's the question... how's that possible.

Does that mean heaven isn;t 100% perfect? And that there still is evil?

Curious about your answers...

Heaven will be 100% perfect, there will be no evil.

1 John 3

2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

The Word states the Jesus is pure, without sin. It also states that upon His appearance, those who are His will become like Him. Pure. In form and Spirit.

:noidea:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think everyone is still missing the question. Thysia and I were discussing this before she placed it on the boards for some added input.

We know from Scripture that Eve was deceived first and then persuaded Adam to eat of the forbidden fruit as she did. Eve was deceived or "beguiled" by Satan; formerly Lucifer. Satan was the deceiver, so who or what was the deceiver in heaven that enticed or beguiled him? Or.........is it necessary to have a physical deceiver? Is it also possible that there was at least an even chance that Eve or Adam would have eaten of the forbidden fruit apart from Satan's influence?

We are told in the Book of Revelation that during the Millennial reign, that Satan is "bound" for the thousand years and because of that, there is peace and harmony on the earth for that period of time. But when he is "loosed" then his evil influence once again tempts mankind to repeat the same mistakes of their parents. It was also mentioned in other posts that pride was Satan's downfall, and Scripture tells us that is exactly what did him in. So, is pride a part of the makeup of all created beings and if so, is there "good" pride and "evil" pride?

One other thing.........Paul says that gods are really nothing. We know that darkness is really nothing but the absence of light. So is evil the result of when there is no good? When all this is taken into consideration, when or where did any or all of this have it's influence on Lucifer to plant the idea of even considering usurping God's authority?

Well, it seems I have added nothing but questions instead of answers!

I will be looking forward to anyone's input.

in His grip,

watchman