IGNORED

Who heals at a Benny Hinn crusade?

abbershay

There are over 67,000 people registered with this site. A majority of whom have never posted. They come, they look around and leave.

but I think it should be done through the PM function

How is that going to be of any assistance to anyone other than the ones who are communicating in secret?

I understand the fear of rumors, gossip, and personal opinion, but if the facts are laid out at the very beginning, all of that should be put to rest. There will be contentions, there always are, but if the truth is there for everyone to see, who can argue against that?

when we discuss JWs, SVAs and Mormons, we don't single out a living person, so I think that is different than calling out BH by name.

Actually it's not, but would it be better if we were to refer to him using this title, "World Outreach Church"? That's one of the titles he's given his ministry. There are others.

How are we hurting anyone by exposing these people? The Word tells us we are to "expose" them. If we know the truth and remain silent, doesn't that in some way make us an accomplice to their lies? We know what the truth is, but because we don't want to cause any waves, we don't say anything.

James said, "To him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin."

I don't know about anyone else, but exposing these liars is a good thing.

Yes, there will still be some who will not listen, but what about the ones who do? What about the ones who are lost and looking for direction? Do we ignore them in favor of keeping the calm?

Take a look at Matthew 23. Christ never balked and neither should we. We are told many times within the Word to be like Christ, to be like Him. He was never silent except for the day that they killed Him.

I'm not saying we should form a vigilanty group and go out searching for these people, but we shouldn't be afraid to speak up for fear of offending someone.

The truth should never be considered offensive. I know, no one has said anything like that, but that's what it boils down to, we don't want to offend anyone.

Those are just my thoughts. I'm not trying to change the rules of the site. The TOS basically says, "Stick to the facts and only the facts", and I am in total agreement with that.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

This was my concern with the whole issue. :wub:

We have had many of these threads in the past and they have all degenerated into inuendo. We don't need to name the Ministers who we feel are false. We can merely shine the Light of Truth and thereby enable the individual believer to come to a better undersanding of the Truth, thus exposing the error to the Light of Truth. This is a key goal of the Ministry, "the edification of the believer."

As Traveller has said and so too Onelight. :emot-handshake:

The believer who knows the Truth will be enabled to steer clear of the deception and even if they are trapped in it they will be enabled by the Light of Truth to find their way out of it, Then they will be all the stronger for it. :noidea:

If you want to expose False Prophets, you can certainly open a thread, without naming names, and show what the Light of Truth has to say about the Spirit of Prophecy. Then those who are trapped in false prophecies and prophets or by them will be built up by the Light of Truth and armed to free themselves.

It has long been this Ministries policy not to malign other Ministries or Ministers. We are always moving forward and in so doing equipping the Saint's of God with the Light of Truth. When the Light is turned on, the darkness will flee. :thumbsup:

When I first came here I was full fledged Religious. I didn't need anyone to malign the Religion I was trapped in to tell me where this Religion was wrong, I had my suspicions. I needed the Light of Truth and Grace to be set Free. I am a success story of this Ministry. When I came here I didn't need confirmation, the Spirit of Truth was already doing that, neither did I need condemnation. I needed Grace and the Light of the Truth, now revealed, to arm me and enable me to overcome this Religion myself. I am a success story, I hate to say it again, but because of this Ministry and others that God placed around me, I have become enabled to help others out. By showing them the Light of Truth. :wub:

The way the Federal Government trains their agents to spot counterfeit money is to make them so intimately aware of the real stuff that they can spot the fake in a split second. They make the agents spend hours and hours studying the real stuuf, not the fake. In the Light of the Truth of the Real, True, Deal, the false is readily evident. :thumbsup:

As Traveller has already said, "If anyone is concerned with this policy they need to write to George privately and let him explain further the reasoning behind this issue."

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace o you,

I just thought of something.

When Jesus came to the Temple to teach, He exposed the errors of the Pharisee by the Light of the Truth. He even went as far as to explain that the people should do what the Pharisee say's and not what he does. In other words their Religion was right it was their practice that was wrong. :emot-handshake:

As I have already said, I suffered from Religion when I first came here. Someone here was wise enough to understand that there are True believers trapped in this Religion. That person never asked me to leave it, he showed me the Light of Truth and the Lord led me out. :noidea:

Jesus was liberating the people from the yoke of the Pharisee and bringing them into the Light of the Truth.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

First, let me apologize for my short answer earlier. I was running out the door, but that's no excuse and I apologize for giving a curt answer. That's really not my style nor was it my intentions.

Over the years, we've had many pastors named as false prophets. Look at just a sampling -

Benny Hinn

Kenneth Copeland

Kenneth Hagin

John Hagee

those are the regulars - now look at some others that are not so "regular."

Billy Graham

Bill Bright

Chuck Swindoll

John MacArthur

Franklin Graham

David Jeremiah

All one has to do is write a book, be in a conference or on tv and somebody somewhere will misquote you or take your words out of context. There are many out there - but there are many that are upright hard working servants of God.

A good way to expose them is to expose the teaching. Take for instance, Serpent Seed Theology. Instead of saying that "ole so and so teaches SST and eats grasshoppers for breakfast and is on a short road to hell...." why not teach what SST is, and why it's wrong because the Word says "thus and so" ........ See? Then you've exposed every single one that teaches that false doctrine by teaching what it is and how to spot it. I guarantee you that a minister seeped in lies is not the only one that teaches his brand of doctrine.

Anyway - again I apologize for coming off short. It was wrong of me and I ask your forgiveness.

May you all be blessed richly (as brother Wayne would say) :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

First, let me apologize for my short answer earlier. I was running out the door, but that's no excuse and I apologize for giving a curt answer. That's really not my style nor was it my intentions.

Over the years, we've had many pastors named as false prophets. Look at just a sampling -

Benny Hinn

Kenneth Copeland

Kenneth Hagin

John Hagee

those are the regulars - now look at some others that are not so "regular."

Billy Graham

Bill Bright

Chuck Swindoll

John MacArthur

Franklin Graham

David Jeremiah

All one has to do is write a book, be in a conference or on tv and somebody somewhere will misquote you or take your words out of context. There are many out there - but there are many that are upright hard working servants of God.

A good way to expose them is to expose the teaching. Take for instance, Serpent Seed Theology. Instead of saying that "ole so and so teaches SST and eats grasshoppers for breakfast and is on a short road to hell...." why not teach what SST is, and why it's wrong because the Word says "thus and so" ........ See? Then you've exposed every single one that teaches that false doctrine by teaching what it is and how to spot it. I guarantee you that a minister seeped in lies is not the only one that teaches his brand of doctrine.

Anyway - again I apologize for coming off short. It was wrong of me and I ask your forgiveness.

May you all be blessed richly (as brother Wayne would say) :huh:

Good point.

Sometimes though it's not so easy to expose these folks. A good example is John MacArthur. I've heard lots of his sermons, I listened to them on the radio on my way to work. Most of them made sense and seemed sound. But, there's that one little bitty ol thing,, If I weren't paying attention I would've just missed. He claimed it wasn't the Blood of Christ that cleansed, it was only his death. And the Blood was really in acronymn for Jesus dying. So, it's not the Blood it's his death and that's it. Seems innocent enough and to someone who didn't know better you'd think,, "Oh, that's what that means"

Anyway,, You have a good point.

Good point.

Sometimes though it's not so easy to expose these folks. A good example is John MacArthur. I've heard lots of his sermons, I listened to them on the radio on my way to work. Most of them made sense and seemed sound. But, there's that one little bitty ol thing,, If I weren't paying attention I would've just missed. He claimed it wasn't the Blood of Christ that cleansed, it was only his death. And the Blood was really in acronymn for Jesus dying. So, it's not the Blood it's his death and that's it. Seems innocent enough and to someone who didn't know better you'd think,, "Oh, that's what that means"

Anyway,, You have a good point.

I used this quote in one of my posts...."Jesus is not the only begotton son of God until he was born again in hell."

That didn't come from Hinn.

There's a lot of those people out there and they have many followers.

What a shame.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

one thing that i have been taught is to leave it to god also a good friend of mine said even thouh he is like me when it comes to benny hinn and the other tv evangelists ask god what you can learn from their messages they preach and ask god to not let the spirits attached to them suck you in

i also have been studying benny hinn very close and i have had to keep what i have picked up to my self a lot of filapino christians adore benny hinn my x fiance who is a filapino pastor is on his choir when he comes to the philippines and holds his crucades i told her how i felt about benny hinn she asked me do i know who benny hinn is i said yes i know who he is she asked me have i seen his programs on tv i said yes my flesh wanted to do the talking but i had to be very care full

i asked her when benny hinn wanted to preach and hold his miracle healing services in your country did you and the other pastors come before god and ask god to show you weather he is a true healer were you concerned for your people especialy the gulibal she said no we did not judge him but she said she knows that ther are a lot of christians who dont trust him

i have gone over his shows i know it can be put on i know people can be payed to say on tv they have been healed at first i was hooked and i took on board what benny hinn said in the weekly shows and on the saturday morning show which he taught from the bible and it was in his church that he taught from

i was very judgmental when it came to christians judging benny hinn keneth copland and billy graham and even david wilkerson i have heard christians say that david wilkerson and nicky cruze are not to be trusted even the cross and the switch blade i have had christians say to me that what david shared on how god touched nicky cruze and changed his life could be all a lie it got me fumming as it was the cross and the switch blade and run baby run that got me thinking when i was searching and i asked the hard questions and said if god can do this for nicky cruze just think what he can do for guys who are in the same situation as nickey cruze was in

i would rip into christians that bad mouthed thes men and i would not listen to them one of my friends was the same but he went to far he ended up decking a youth pastor and got into trouble

we need to be very carefull when it comes to exposing benny hinn he has loyal followers who will rip into christians that come against benny hinn and their are men like my friend who will deck you if you bad mouth benny hinn keneth copland nickey cruze david wilkerson and billy graham

a lot of prisoners in america love billy graham and benny hin and reinard bonke hope i spelt his name right you wil know of the guy i am talking about my spelling is hope less

i dont want to see any one get into hot water i know how people are feeling when it comes to benny hinn but you need to keep this in the back off your head is it worth being physically abused by one of his followers and that goes for the other tv avengalists we disagree with

if you feel what i have said is not true go to one of benny hinn crucades if he is in your neck off the woods and say you feel he is a false teacher to one of his followers standing out side weighting to go in side

be very care full i dont want to see anyone get into hot water

this can only be done as brother dave said in truth and in love

i know hate what i see i dont hate the man him self but i hate the spirit that i see attaching to benny hinn in my eyes he is like the con men i had gotten to know when i was a non believer

thats all i am going to say on benny hinn

damo1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Damo, even more reason to leave the name out and talk about the sin ... More then likely, if you discuss the sin and they agree, the next time they see the sin, they will put 2 and 2 together.

God Bless,

Alan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Damo, even more reason to leave the name out and talk about the sin ... More then likely, if you discuss the sin and they agree, the next time they see the sin, they will put 2 and 2 together.

God Bless,

Alan

Greetings brother

yes and this is what i am doing by the mistakes i have made and i try to leave the name out were i discuss the sin and pray that what i say they put two and two together thanks brother its not nice being physicaly abused having the persons spit hitting your face

god bless from damo1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

. . . if you feel what i have said is not true go to one of benny hinn crucades if he is in your neck off the woods and say you feel he is a false teacher to one of his followers standing out side weighting to go in side

be very care full i dont want to see anyone get into hot water

this can only be done as brother dave said in truth and in love . . .

Amen Damo, but by greater love for those who would be victimize by the false doctrine. Similar to the same love Paul shows towards the saints in Acts and Galatia . . .

Ac 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment.

Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Ga 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offense of the cross ceased.

I would they were even cut off which trouble you

Even "love" needs to be governed by His righteous precepts if it is to glorify God.