• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

As a Catholic and quite a new member of worthy it is very upsetting to see all these nasty, spiteful comments about the Pope.

His motive for proposing a global authority on economy is obviously to reduce world poverty. A point that has been ignored by your contributors.

Is not the welfare of millions of impoverished people all over the world more important then interdenominational back stabbing?

I was raised in a poor African country called Tanzania where priests and pastors play sport together. I am good friends with a saint like Lutheran nun who is best friends with a Catholic nun. In Tanzania all and sundry pay respect to those who have devoted their life to God.

We could all learn a lot from their example.

Yours in Jesus

Christofine

I don't believe we have any reason to question the Popes motives. Nevertheless, he is advocating the establishment of a world government. A government believed to eventually be lead by the Anti-Christ. It does not bode well that one, who claims to be the "vicar" of Christ, knowingly and willingly advocates anything that could forward Satan's plans.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The Vatican is a very powerful institution with influence in faithfuls,political and financial.Its power has been in the making for 2000 years and has increased.While various super powers have come and gone , the Vatican has survived.It invest massively to missionary work to increase its power and its income.

The vatican has been involved in many financial scandals in Italy but for the Italians it is still where their spiritual leader is.

The list is 2000 years long of the wrongs it has been doing.

On the other hand there are some wonderful priests and nuns that want to spread the word of God and do so succesfully with the support given by the Vatican.

The Pope and the Vatican goverment is as any other goverment with president,king or prime minister.We might not like the Vatican and the Pope but it does not mean one cannot be a catholic. The Pope is allways listen to.The above are plots of humans.

We as ordinary people have to follow the word and the teaching and love of God and Jesus and it is were the real church is.

Ask for forgivness if anyone offended.

Blessings to all

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I'm sorry if my feelings about the Pope offend you, Christofine. I really don't want to offend you. But I must be honest about the way I feel.

If the Pope is so concerned about world poverty, then why doesn't he sell off some of the Catholic Church's billions in property and other assets to help the poor and start living as Jesus did?

The assets of the church are not owned by the Pope. If all the property, art and assets was sold and the money distributed amongst the poor do you think all the world's greed would disappear? No.

Did the Pope give rise to the sub prime mortgage crisis? No

Was the Pope responsible for Bernie Madoff's massive fraud? No. ( Is Bernie a Catholic hmm? No I don't think so.)

Did he decide to waste three trillion dollars plus on a war in Iraq in a bid to control oil resources?

Did he kill thousands of people in the middle east in the name of Christianity? No but some one called George Bush did.

Bernie may not be a Catholic, but Paul Marcincus was, in fact he was a Catholic Archbishop and head of Vatican Bank. He was also central to the biggest banking scandal of the 1980's involving: the Church, the Mafia, the mafia, the Italian political elite and a very dodgy Masonic lodge. His obituary is here

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I'm sorry if my feelings about the Pope offend you, Christofine. I really don't want to offend you. But I must be honest about the way I feel.

If the Pope is so concerned about world poverty, then why doesn't he sell off some of the Catholic Church's billions in property and other assets to help the poor and start living as Jesus did?

The assets of the church are not owned by the Pope. If all the property, art and assets was sold and the money distributed amongst the poor do you think all the world's greed would disappear? No.

Did the Pope give rise to the sub prime mortgage crisis? No

Was the Pope responsible for Bernie Madoff's massive fraud? No. ( Is Bernie a Catholic hmm? No I don't think so.)

Did he decide to waste three trillion dollars plus on a war in Iraq in a bid to control oil resources?

Did he kill thousands of people in the middle east in the name of Christianity? No but some one called George Bush did.

Did George Bush claim to be the Vicar of Christ?

Jesus said,

"You know that the rulers of the nations exercise dominion over them, and they who are great exercise authority over them. However, it shall not be so among you. But whoever desires to be great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be chief among you, let him be your servant; even as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Mat 20:25-28)

"So after He had washed their feet and had taken His garments and had reclined again, He said to them, Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me the Teacher, and Lord, and you say well, for I AM. If then I, the Lord and the Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. " (Joh 13:12-14)

Whoever claims to represent Christ has to do as Jesus did, live as Jesus lived, and walk as Jesus walked.

George Bush never ever claimed to represent Christ. And we are not God that we know what his motives were for what he did or didn't do.

I'm not questioning the Pope's motives. I'm questioning whether his decisions are in line with the will of the Almighty God and His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

As a Catholic and quite a new member of worthy it is very upsetting to see all these nasty, spiteful comments about the Pope.

His motive for proposing a global authority on economy is obviously to reduce world poverty. A point that has been ignored by your contributors.

Is not the welfare of millions of impoverished people all over the world more important then interdenominational back stabbing?

I was raised in a poor African country called Tanzania where priests and pastors play sport together. I am good friends with a saint like Lutheran nun who is best friends with a Catholic nun. In Tanzania all and sundry pay respect to those who have devoted their life to God.

Yours in Jesus

Christofine

I don't believe we have any reason to question the Popes motives. Nevertheless, he is advocating the establishment of a world government. A government believed to eventually be lead by the Anti-Christ. It does not bode well that one, who claims to be the "vicar" of Christ, knowingly and willingly advocates anything that could forward Satan's plans.

If you read Father Malachi Martin's last two books, "Keys of this Blood" and "Windswept House" you might change your mind on that red part.

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Yours in Jesus

Christofine

If you read Father Malachi Martin's last two books, "Keys of this Blood" and "Windswept House" you might change your mind on that red part.

I didn't mean that we shouldn't be observant of his actions nor scrutinize his words. What I meant is that it is likely that he has good intentions. In the words of Dr. Grant from Jurasic Park "Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions".

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Oh, it's just not worth fighting about.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Isn't there still talk of Blair being pres of the EU?

Yes; interestingly enough, Tony Blair converted to Catholicism last year. Rumor has it that GWB is going to convert as well. :rolleyes:

Naw, that was Obama silly, he's in Rome now. He's probably bending down to talk to the Pope the same way he did the King of the House of Saud. :thumbsup::laugh::rolleyes:

No, it was GWB, it was about a year ago that the rumors were flying.

http://catholicism.about.com/b/2008/06/16/...catholicism.htm

It wouldn't be a big deal if he did convert. It's a personal thing. Of course, Obama might be going to convert too; who knows? :laugh:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Yours in Jesus

Christofine

The Pope is only a man and, as such, is subject to the same tricks of satan as we are. There is NO ONE whose motives I won't question.

No matter what the Pope or the Vatican does, we should always be very careful about not offending Catholics (and everyone else for that matter). Most of my dad's family are Catholic and, for the most part, are pursuing a relationship with God in the best way they know how. They perceive any criticism through a prism of "we're the Church that everyone envies and therefore wants to destroy". Until you can get past that veneer, they aren't going to hear criticism of the leader of their church.

Either way....we should accept catholics are brothers/sisters in the faith as a starting point and find ways to celebrate what we have in common as opposed to being suspicious of their salvation as a starting point and looking for fault in them constantly. Individual catholics deserve to be treated as individuals and respected.

I know many catholics who will be in heaven and many protestants (and otherwise) who won't.

We are all going to need each other in the days ahead.