IGNORED

Are the lost children of God?

ayin jade

43 members have voted

1. 1. Is an unsaved person a child of God?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Is an unsaved person a child of God? What scriptural support is there? Does it matter (except for salvation of course) if they are or are not considered children of God? I will explain my views, and why it is my pet peeve later on. I would like to hear your views.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Jade,

I believe that they are a child of Adam until they become Saved and then they become a child of God through the firstfruits and begotten Son, Jesus Christ. :whistling:

After all, they need to be born again and born from above to enter the household of God.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Rom 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Rom 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

Rom 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Rom 8:17 and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

Jade I guess no they are not. As Paul writes in Romans, one must be led by the Spirit to be a son of God, and the Spirit will then bear witness to it. We then become fellow heirs with Christ. How can one then be a Child of God, and a fellow heir with Christ, if one is unsaved?

Guess that's my opinion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I am sorry, but I have to ask. Are we talking adults here, or are we including infants and children before they know what wrong really is?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Good question, because it would mean I would have to modify my answer to the post.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Is an unsaved person a child of God? What scriptural support is there? Does it matter (except for salvation of course) if they are or are not considered children of God? I will explain my views, and why it is my pet peeve later on. I would like to hear your views.

Yes.

Job 31:13 If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me;

14 What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when He visiteth, what shall I answer Him?

15 Did not He that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Ac 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation

Now, the redeemed are the "sons of God."

Edited by BlindSeeker

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Uh Oh!

I guess you have to define Child of God then because not all of those who call themselves children of Abraham are children of Abraham, some are children of their father satan. :)

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

i vote no.

John 1:12

But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.

I believe it's a heart issue.

Unless someone is mentally impaired, everyone knows right from wrong. It doesn't matter what one was taught, everybody knows what's right and what's wrong.

Here's what the Word states about some of those who don't know Christ,

Romans 2

12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law

13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,

15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Those who walk in obedience without even knowing it, are justified in the eyes of the Lord.

Someone mentioned children. Here's what Christ had to say about children,

Matthew 18

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Joh 1:9 This was the real light---the light that comes into the world and shines on all people.

Joh 1:10 The Word was in the world, and though God made the world through him, yet the world did not recognize him.

Joh 1:11 He came to his own country, but his own people did not receive him.

Joh 1:12 Some, however, did receive him and believed in him; so he gave them the right to become God's children.

Joh 1:13 They did not become God's children by natural means, that is, by being born as the children of a human father; God himself was their Father.