• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

I have a question, some people say that things changed for them after they completed reading the whole Bible. Or, they experienced changes in their faith like it got stronger or God began to give them visions and so forth.

Can anybody share thoughts or experiences with me, please?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/24/1976

Hi.

Last year I read the bible from cover to cover, using a chronilogical bible. I found it so helpful to read the "story" from begining to end, I found it gave me a greater understanding of the need for Jesus and the whole sacrifice system. I learnt so much from the books of the bible i would otherwise not choose to read. I really enjoyed reading about the law's and just see God's interest in fairness and justice for all was wonderful. But above all else the practise of reading the bible everyday (and as I say not just choosing what I wanted to read) was by far the most rewarding part, I would say I am better at hearing God now and am able to mediate on his word more as I have better understanding.

Not sure if that answered yr question fully but thought I would encourage you to try it, if you haven't already, as it is an experience that can only be good in yr Christian journey.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

Hi.

Last year I read the bible from cover to cover, using a chronilogical bible. I found it so helpful to read the "story" from begining to end, I found it gave me a greater understanding of the need for Jesus and the whole sacrifice system. I learnt so much from the books of the bible i would otherwise not choose to read. I really enjoyed reading about the law's and just see God's interest in fairness and justice for all was wonderful. But above all else the practise of reading the bible everyday (and as I say not just choosing what I wanted to read) was by far the most rewarding part, I would say I am better at hearing God now and am able to mediate on his word more as I have better understanding.

Not sure if that answered yr question fully but thought I would encourage you to try it, if you haven't already, as it is an experience that can only be good in yr Christian journey.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I have never read it in chroniogical order however, I have read the whole book thrugh Bible study class. Ii definitely has helped me too to better hear His word and understand. I have just heard so many stories of people receiving anointing and such after reading the whole Bible. Isn't that awesome?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I have a question, some people say that things changed for them after they completed reading the whole Bible. Or, they experienced changes in their faith like it got stronger or God began to give them visions and so forth.

things will surely change when you get to know God. i do agree that you only fully know God when you have listened to His entire word.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  104
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

I could have a really long post on this subject. I will just give one example when I first got really into reading the bible. I learned to become more outgoing by reading the new and old testament scriptures that show the power of God through normal people. My old pastor use to say "God takes ordinary men and does extraordinary things." Moses with his speech problem is just one example of many.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I could have a really long post on this subject. I will just give one example when I first got really into reading the bible. I learned to become more outgoing by reading the new and old testament scriptures that show the power of God through normal people. My old pastor use to say "God takes ordinary men and does extraordinary things." Moses with his speech problem is just one example of many.

That's certainly true, Moses is a great example. Gideon was another too. God does not give us a spirit of timidity as the scripture says but one of love and power. Though I never read the bible fully from front to back I have experienced this too. I once was extremely shy.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

name='Chiquita' date='Aug 10 2009,

Hi Chiquita,--------Things do change as we come into the precence of the Lord for the word is the voice of God unto man. It was great from the beginning to see how God made everything. It was great how God chose Moses to lead his people out of bondage and lead them across the dead sea. It was great to see the laws put in place so that the children of Israel could abide by so they would be different from all the other nations on the face of the earth and the people would be clean and seperated unto God and so forth.

I liked the book of Ecclesiastes12:13--Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man this book gave me such an outlook on life in general and I was really awed to find out that the whole duty of man was to fear God and to his keep his commandments.

I could go on and on but there was so much that I didn't understand at the same time but I did feel clean and that was a great feeling to know you've been born again and to experience the verse in Ephesians 5:26--That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word. and this verse was speaking about the bride of Christ in which I am a member of being sanctified and made cleansed by the washing of water by the Word who is Jesus Christ.

After, I finished reading the word straight through the first time I became a student of the word from that time on. The bible is a living book it is not a dead book but it brings life to mankind it's like no other book I've read. Since that first time I have read it into the double digits and God reveals his voice to me as he chooses to reveal himself to me making the still small voice the precious thing that I've ever heard and experienced.

being established in the word will keep us

blessings

oc

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/28/1962

the bible is not a living book, is has dried ink staining some pages, Did not Jesus say", The words that I speak they are Life". The bible cannot bting you life only Jesus can.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

the bible is not a living book, is has dried ink staining some pages, Did not Jesus say", The words that I speak they are Life". The bible cannot bting you life only Jesus can.

I would have to disagree, to me the bible is the living, breathing Word of God. Beside praying it is the way I hear Jesus talk to me. And you state that Jesus said that the words that He speaks are Life. Yes they are, and they are alive in the bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I found out that a lot of things I learned in Sunday School were not really in the Bible..... I decided the Church of Christ were only teaching a very small part of the Bible and even at that some things were not in context, and some things were just flat out not true.

So I stopped being a Church of Christer and started to become a real Chirstian... Several years later I got really saved..... at home.... by myself.... butt naked in the shower.... and that night my whole life changed. I learned how to say no to the devil..... and that's very very hard to do without the Holy Spirit that comes with salvation,