• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Do keep praying. When I married my husband he thought he was a Christian, but he wasn't. I prayed for him as well as a friend of mine. He, too, had a short fuse (aggrevated by alcohol). But I prayed. When our daughter was born he cherished her. When she was about 18 months old just out of the blue he quit drinking. Never has in the follow 18 years even touched alcohol and has no craving. Yes, I believe prayer works. When our daughter hit the terrible two's oh my. She was a poster child for the terrible two's. My husband, with his temper, had many clashes with her and we decided that I would do the punishing. A couple of years later my husband truly met Jesus Christ. I have never watched such a transformation in a person. His temper is under control (a little flair up once in a while, but nothing more than anyone else).

Keep praying. God is still in the miracle business and your husband can be transformed just like my husband was.Treasure each moment with your little one, and keep praying for your husband.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

God expects a lot of men. He is to be the spiritual leader of his house, he is to love his wife as Christ loved the church, and he is to lead his children in the ways of the Lord. Is you husband doing this? I am so glad that you can talk to him about this and that he will listen. Encourage him to study Ephesians and Colossians and learn what God expects from him as the leader of his house, You might study with him. Do you think he would speak with your pastor?

As always, pray. God does not want division in your home, and he loves your little one.

<>< ><>

Nathele

My husband does not attend church with my son and I. He is not interested in Christianity. I continue to pray for him today. Hopefully he will come around someday. That's really all I can do. I do not think he would want to speak to a pastor. And I doubt I will ever see him reading a Bible anytime soon.

It's a very complicated situation. He loves his family very much but I think he is very stressed at work. He works 17 hour days and works very hard. We barely see each other. I am alone with my son 5 days a week, while he is working himself to death. I'm not making excuses for him. Believe me, I would not tolerate any abuse from him toward my son. I am very protective of him. In every instance my husband has shown loss of control I have quickly pointed it out. I know first hand the damage it can do to a child. I would not ever wish that on my own.

You are describing me to a "T" when I was taking a drug for asthma that kept me awake most nights. I was only sleeping about three and a half to four hours a night, and it really messed up my brain chemistry. If he is not sleeping, look up sleep deprivation on the internet and have your husband read up on it. If this is his problem, it will cause him great physical and emotional damage and he will self destruct before it ends. Stress at work maybe be part of the problem, but it's not likely all the problem.

You simply can not deal with stress if you are not sleeping well.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Charitow' date='Sep 15 2009,

question for you OC: who draws the hot bath for the wife?

Hey Charitow, I saw your response so thought I would answer your question before going out. I am one of those who believes that one can sew things other than money. I believe if someone is sewing things in their marriage will reap a harvest and I also know that the husband can be won by the wife's behaviour. She may do other things other than a hot bath but I believe again we reap what we sow if we need love then we have to sew love no harvest if they don't sow at all. We must stay steady at sowing and not faint. A blessing to come.

another question: what is the man's role in making peace?

It's hard for me just to ask one question myself :laugh: The man's role is the same for all of us if we become a peacemaker then quarrels will cease not that they want be spats at times but quickly let go so peace may be in your home. I do this in my own home and let by gones be by gones. As a Christian I can only suggest biblical counsel from the bible the word of God.

and one more: why are you making excuses for his bad behavior?

I am not making excuses for the man in this marriage I was givening the OP some advice in which she had asked for my suggests where from that angle it is up to the indiviual to take it or ignore it. I said, to her also if she and her kids were in harms to leave and not stay.

If you think I am making excuses for this man. Then I will make it clear. I am in no way condoning bad behavior for this man but anybody with bahaviour problems.

:noidea:

:cool:blessings

oc

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

A couple of years later my husband truly met Jesus Christ. I have never watched such a transformation in a person.

I am very hopeful and will continue to pray.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

God expects a lot of men. He is to be the spiritual leader of his house, he is to love his wife as Christ loved the church, and he is to lead his children in the ways of the Lord. Is you husband doing this? I am so glad that you can talk to him about this and that he will listen. Encourage him to study Ephesians and Colossians and learn what God expects from him as the leader of his house, You might study with him. Do you think he would speak with your pastor?

As always, pray. God does not want division in your home, and he loves your little one.

<>< ><>

Nathele

My husband does not attend church with my son and I. He is not interested in Christianity. I continue to pray for him today. Hopefully he will come around someday. That's really all I can do. I do not think he would want to speak to a pastor. And I doubt I will ever see him reading a Bible anytime soon.

It's a very complicated situation. He loves his family very much but I think he is very stressed at work. He works 17 hour days and works very hard. We barely see each other. I am alone with my son 5 days a week, while he is working himself to death. I'm not making excuses for him. Believe me, I would not tolerate any abuse from him toward my son. I am very protective of him. In every instance my husband has shown loss of control I have quickly pointed it out. I know first hand the damage it can do to a child. I would not ever wish that on my own.

God bless you asecretchord, will be praying for you. I think the problem here is the very long hours and the stress. I will pray that God will intervene so he can get the rest he needs. Vitamin B-12 is very good for stress, but the lack of enough sleep can increase his stress too. I am concerned about the child that his needs are met by his father, not accompanied by bursts of anger. Remember God knows the situation and he will help you. Whether your husband is a christian or not, that does not prevent God from answering YOUR prayers for the situation. I believe God will bless your husband because you love the Lord, he knows what the answer is :blink: