GodPreciousChild

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Am I in love? I think the guy in question is the most gorgeous person there is. I just want to see him and be next to him. Sounds like the song of songs....am I in love?

And if I am in love, then how am I sposed to get over it since he doesnt want me?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:cool: I know this feeling . . . liking a guy that doesn't like me back.

If it helps any...

Feelings are what they are. Either they are there, or they're not. When it comes to attraction, feelings will do what they do...or not.

I think that when you like someone who doesn't like you back, it probably means he has characteristics you find appealing in a guy. If he doesn't like you back, then it is probably because you don't have the traits that he finds appealing. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with you. It just means that he is the wrong one for you. The guy who's right for you will be head over heals for you - for who you are as you are.

I have found that if you have to be something that you are not in order for him to like you, then he's not the one for you.

I know what I'm saying is a hard pill to swallow. :whistling: But I wish someone had told me this when I had this struggle. I wasted four years holding on to "hope" that one guy would change his feelings towards me. :taped:

So, to question, "Am I in love?" isn't the correct question to ask. But to ask, "Am I feeling in love with the right one?" is probably the better question to ask.

I know there are times when the other person's feelings do change, and I know this is what you are hoping the case will be. But if you can get a sense or a feel for what he finds appealing in a girl, what he's after, if you have to change in order to fit his ideals - then it's best to let him go, mourn your loss, cry it out, and move on. The momentary pain of letting go is not as bad as the misery of being stuck to longings for someone who isn't going to return the affections.

Prayers

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi there.

I think if you have to ask if you are in love...then most likely you are not.

It mostly sounds as if you are a young girl/woman who is discovering what it is like to have feelings for someone of the opposite sex...complete with oodles of angst and lashings of self-doubt.

Just relax and enjoy what you have and who you are, where you are going in life, and the journey through it with the L-rd...I am sure you will find reciprical love when the time is right, and if you stay close to Jesus and walk in the light, will not be overcome by the standards and expectancies of a godless world.

Perhaps get the key to the womans lounge and get some friends there to chat with.

Kindest regards. Botz

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Am I in love? I think the guy in question is the most gorgeous person there is. I just want to see him and be next to him. Sounds like the song of songs....am I in love?

And if I am in love, then how am I sposed to get over it since he doesnt want me?

Not enough information. It could be love or it could be nothing more than infatuation as again don't have enough information to go by.

oc

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think anyone is really in love until they have been married or together and bonded for at least 5 years. It grows on you slowly.

We've been married for 40 years now and four of our closest college friends got married the same year we did..... they all would agree with that. I would admit I was totally smitten by my wife, but at 22 years of age and her 18, neither of us really understood what real deep love is.

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church...... that concept is not a simple thing to pick up on. It takes time.

Wives, Submit yourselves to your husbands......... you can't do that unless he loves you as Christ loves the Church.

Real Love is deep and it's the responsibility of the man to make it happen and work. If you notice carefully Jesus never told women to love their husbands..... it's just a natural thing when husbands do thier thing properly.

So Women, take care to choose a man that will never let you go and will put you first in everything in his life/death.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

In love? Probably not.

I would place this more in the "in like" category.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think anyone is really in love until they have been married or together and bonded for at least 5 years. It grows on you slowly.

We've been married for 40 years now and four of our closest college friends got married the same year we did..... they all would agree with that. I would admit I was totally smitten by my wife, but at 22 years of age and her 18, neither of us really understood what real deep love is.

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church...... that concept is not a simple thing to pick up on. It takes time.

Wives, Submit yourselves to your husbands......... you can't do that unless he loves you as Christ loves the Church.

Real Love is deep and it's the responsibility of the man to make it happen and work. If you notice carefully Jesus never told women to love their husbands..... it's just a natural thing when husbands do thier thing properly.

So Women, take care to choose a man that will never let you go and will put you first in everything in his life/death.

Right

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

Good book I think you should read "Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships." by Chip Ingram

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I tend to agree.

Before marriage, we wear rose coloured glasses and easily overlook faults and dismiss them - just wanting the feeling of being in love. After marriage, faults become much more apparant, and we then decide to love and stay committed.