~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

No. A plague would be something catastrophic, something our science can't combat. God can do that if He decides to though.

Absolutely. H1N1 is receiving press time because it IS an issue and people should take all available precautions. It does seem to affect the young rather quickly and I'm sure parents are concerned about that. I'm concerned about it because of children. I don't think there is some evil political plot to control the population. To be in control of everything the government is accused of being in control of would be just ... bizarre and virtually impossible. I think you are right about God being the one to send a plague IF He decides. Blessings.

Exactly; God is in control not the shadowy 'they'. H1N1 has killed a thousand people in the U.S.; the issuance of a state of emergency simply gets resources staged in case there IS a full blown crisis with this virus. As someone else pointed out, there is more than one strain of the virus this year. It might get bad; time will tell.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Do you think H1N1 is a plague?

Definitely not ! It's all media hype and part of the left's agenda to control the masses, whether it be now or in the foreseeable future.

Obama Declares Swine Flu a National Emergency

Administration officials said the declaration was a pre-emptive move designed to make decisions easier when they need to be made. Officials said the move was not in response to any single development.

Blessings,

Nikki

You got that right, Nikki.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But it may mutate into a worldwide killer.

Yeah - and the earth can get hit with a large asteroid. Or the Yellowstone volcano could erupt. Or Iran could start a nuclear war. Or . . . .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It is an epidemic. An epidemic is something that spreads easily and infects many many people.

Plague is something that is an epidemic infection that has a high mortality rate.

The H1N1 is an epidemic but not a plague.

Epidemics do not necessarily have to be serious medically speaking. However I would not just fluff off the H1N1 virus just yet. The Spanish flu in the early 1900's started out as a minor flu just as this H1N1 has and turned leathal mid cycle in December/January time frame and killed millions of people.

History shows us that we get killer viruses every so often and we are really past due for one historically and that is why some in the medical profession are concerned. Of course polititians just use it for a reason to grab power.

sam

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

It is an epidemic. An epidemic is something that spreads easily and infects many many people.

Plague is something that is an epidemic infection that has a high mortality rate.

Epidemics do not necessarily have to be serious medically speaking. However I would not just fluff off the H1N1 virus just yet. The Spanish flu in the early 1900's started out as a minor flu just as this H1N1 has and turned leathal mid cycle in December/January time frame and killed millions of people.

History shows us that we get killer viruses every so often and we are really past due for one historically and that is why some in the medical profession are concerned. Of course polititians just use it for a reason to grab power.

sam

Hi Other One

Precisely. And it is way too early to call for a national emergency.

From the article I posted

The declaration, signed Friday night and announced Saturday, comes with the disease more prevalent than ever in the country and production delays undercutting the government's initial, optimistic estimates that as many as 120 million doses of the vaccine could be available by mid-October.

Signed Friday night and announced Saturday ? ? ? Quite sneaky I'd say. What's the matter with prime time?? Certainly a national emergency deserves to be announced at a time when it will receive the most press attention if there were a "real national emergency". Some emergency, huh :24: All I have heard from people is Obama not being transparent enough because Obama promised to be in his campaign but I think it's extremely easy to see right through the man and his antics.

So far, this government can't even get the vaccines out on time. What happened to all those vaccines the government promised? Not that I would take it, but now the gov't. is claiming production delays according to the article. :noidea: As Rahm Emanuel stated: "Never let a good crisis go to waste." :P And we're suppose to believe Obama? What a joke ! :24: It's just a national emergency for the big bureaucrats to give the government permission to meddle and control and promote their agenda. This will do wonders in promoting their nationalizd health care reform bill at a time when Obama does not have the full support he needs.

When it gets as bad as the 1918 flu epidemic, then I'd say there's a national emergency.

Blessings,

Nikki

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

sam

Sam,

I have diaries from my great grandmother who was a nurse during the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918. It is a harrowing and frustrating story of trying to save the lives of many and just not having the drugs nor facilities to do it. Her daughter, my grandmother had small children at home and she did not visit them for months - didn't go home for months - the nurses and doctors lived on the hospital grounds and many large churches here were turned into clinics and hospitals. She describes smelling the strong antiseptics and the funerals conducted the day of or after death. She instructed my grandmother not to buy any food from stores or vendors - to grow and can everything - I do not believe that anyone is using the threat of H1N1 for a power grab... and if it gets as bad as 1918 - and they were no where near as global a society as we are now - it will be horrible. I think that health officials are trying to position things in a way that can help the most people. Praying for you and yours!!

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

sam

Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think God creates these viruses because He is angry at the people and/or to challenge their faith? I have always wondered that.

I don't think H1N1 is a "plague" in the true Biblical sense. There will be no question about it if a real plague starts.

I do think that the media/gov't is hyping this more than is really necessary and there are some place where its causing people to panic. This is also a good time to take a look at just how fast H1N1 has spread around the world with the help of modern transport. It started in Mexico and was all over the place in a short time.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I don't think H1N1 is a "plague" in the true Biblical sense. There will be no question about it if a real plague starts.

I do think that the media/gov't is hyping this more than is really necessary and there are some place where its causing people to panic. This is also a good time to take a look at just how fast H1N1 has spread around the world with the help of modern transport. It started in Mexico and was all over the place in a short time.

I've yet to see a single person panicking about h1n1, either on t.v., the internet, or in real life. Not one person. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I've yet to see a single person panicking about h1n1, either on t.v., the internet, or in real life. Not one person. :noidea:

I haven't either. Even in flu shot clinics that have run out - I haven't seen panic. People are listening and taking the offered advice of doctors, CDC, epidemiologists - no sense in panic.... I think there are those who may be disappointed if there is not panic in the streets and a total collapse of society though.... :blink: