• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

Now see, y'all are stirring the pot.

There was a misquote a few posts back. When Y'shua said that someone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery, you should have said it in context with the Scripture. The actual quote should have been this:

(Matt 19:1-9) And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan. And great multitudes followed him, and he healed them there. The Pharisees (Orthodox Jews) also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, "Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?"

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female? (That answers the question of homosexuality right there) And said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder. (This one verse is constantly misinterpreted and taken out of context. Let's continue.)

They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement (a "get") and to put her away?

He said unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives; but from the beginning it was not so. And I say unto you, Whoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication and shall marry another committeth adultery; and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

NOW....the only exception that Y'shua allowed for was for sexual immorality. Paul came (with the mind of Y'shua) later and added to that, but if we are to go by Y'shua's words, the ONLY excuse for divorce (which I have) is for sexual immorality.

I am filing for divorce TODAY. I can no longer be yoked to someone who is a homosexual warlock. I have said before and I will say again that I have Biblical grounds for a divorce. What I have been reading in this thread is that you have lumped me and others like me into never being able to marry again. It's not true. You need to take things in context rather than just pull one thing out of Scripture and say "Oh, this is written in stone and understood". I CAN marry again. I won't be sinning against YHWH if I do marry again.

a.

I support your dicission, unfaithfulness can go a long way.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[The point that was made was that I never argued against her divorce at all. I think it is a good idea. I do believe that the scripture is very clear that re-marriage results in adultery. I also believe JESUS understands and doesn't condemn anyone for this unfortunate situation. In addition, I for one think she should not feel some imaginary conviction should she find it desirable to re-marry in the future. for some reason, she read what I wrote as a statement that I was calling her an adulteress. I was not.

There's the point exactly. I can divorce my husband, but I can't remarry because then I would be termed an adulteress, under YOUR way of thinking. Nice.

I don't think that is what YHWH says at all, but obviously I can't prove it to you because I'm a "woman who doesn't know better".

I said this was a hot-button topic for me, and this proves exactly why---because there are certain men who think the Scriptures are still back in the Middle Ages.

Sorry, I'm done with this thread.

a.

Anita, it takes 2 people to make a marriage. If your husband isn't willing then you don't have a husband already. The paper is only a formality.

Let him go in total peace that the Lord has a better life for you. Forgive those who don't understand and would bring condemnation upon you.

You are loved and you are free!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

[The point that was made was that I never argued against her divorce at all. I think it is a good idea. I do believe that the scripture is very clear that re-marriage results in adultery. I also believe JESUS understands and doesn't condemn anyone for this unfortunate situation. In addition, I for one think she should not feel some imaginary conviction should she find it desirable to re-marry in the future. for some reason, she read what I wrote as a statement that I was calling her an adulteress. I was not.

There's the point exactly. I can divorce my husband, but I can't remarry because then I would be termed an adulteress, under YOUR way of thinking. Nice.

I don't think that is what YHWH says at all, but obviously I can't prove it to you because I'm a "woman who doesn't know better".

I said this was a hot-button topic for me, and this proves exactly why---because there are certain men who think the Scriptures are still back in the Middle Ages.

a.

Anita, it takes 2 people to make a marriage. If your husband isn't willing then you don't have a husband already. The paper is only a formality.

Let him go in total peace that the Lord has a better life for you. Forgive those who don't understand and would bring condemnation upon you.

Amen Yod! Amen :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

a.

Amen

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I wish everyone would leave this subject be. It is clear in the Bible that divorce is only permitted when there is sexual immortality, and if an unbelieving spouse leaves. Why are we still continuing to debate something that is as obvious as homosexuality is a sin? It is written. And stop judging one another. If another member here has been divorced for reasons other than stated above, that is none of our business. That is between Christ and him/her. Be nice to each other.

Editted: Mistype. Sorry.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

I wish everyone would leave this subject be. It is clear in the Bible that divorce is only permitted for widows, when there is sexual immortality, and if an unbelieving spouse leaves. Why are we still continuing to debate something that is as obvious as homosexuality is a sin? It is written. And stop judging one another. If another member here has been divorced for reasons other than stated above, that is none of our business. That is between Christ and him/her. Be nice to each other.

divorce for a widow??? ok, that is a new one.....

judging? that is what we are to do, starting with ones own self.... the Bible does not tell us not to judge, but to judge righteously..... and how would one do that?

for if we can not judge the small things on this earth, how are we going to judge the angels?

What measure is a person using to judge? me? I try to stick with the Word of God, for that is the strictest measure there is, thus, it will also be what is use to judge me.... even if I do not use it to judge, it will still be used to judge me.......

before I start hounding my neighbor to pick up the trash in his back yard, I need to ensure the trash in my back yard is picked up and that the trash that is in his back yard is not something that blew over from my back yard..... (plank and speck issue...)

what constitutes sexual imorality? a woman with holding from her husband for years? or a woman that is phyically cheating? Adultry can even be taken as turning away from ones spouse, as God refered to Israel, that Israel is commiting adultry against God by turning her back on God, turning away from her first love....... as with one of the 7 churches turning away from their first love......

abuse? any kind of abuse is abuse all the same.... if a spouse abuses their parther, a man abusing his wife or wife her husband, no matter what kind, is showing there is not love in that relation shipe from the abuser..... a person can not and will not harm something or some one that they love.....

if you love your car, you will not be out taking a sledge hammer to it every day, no , more likely you will be washing and waxing it to preserve it.....

the same is true with a spouse, if a person loves their spouse, they will be taking care of the spouse, 100% give.... ensuring the spouse iswell tended.....

I can go on, but have done so before....

I do not condone divorce, but I do not condemn it either.... I have been there, I also know that divorce is not one of the unforgivable sins..... even though it is treated as such by many many many people and denominations, even though the rate is 50:50 in and out of the church....

HOWEVER......

it is proven that if a man prays out loud for his wife, daily, so that she hears him, and if the wife prays out loud for her husband every day, the rate goes from 50:50 to 1:1000.... that is right, if they do this, the rate becomes 1 out of 1000 that will end in divorce...... heck of a difference

mike

divorce for a widow??? ok, that is a new one.....

i apologize. my head is in the sky today. that was a typo.

but really, why is everyone so hostile here?

judging? that is what we are to do, starting with ones own self.... the Bible does not tell us not to judge, but to judge righteously..... and how would one do that?

for if we can not judge the small things on this earth, how are we going to judge the angels?

What measure is a person using to judge? me? I try to stick with the Word of God, for that is the strictest measure there is, thus, it will also be what is use to judge me.... even if I do not use it to judge, it will still be used to judge me.......

before I start hounding my neighbor to pick up the trash in his back yard, I need to ensure the trash in my back yard is picked up and that the trash that is in his back yard is not something that blew over from my back yard..... (plank and speck issue...)

You are exactly right. We are to judge ourselves and no one else.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Judging is only when a sentence is passed such as saying "you will never change you lazy slob". The judging is in the curse that says the person will never change, but if they are lazy and a slob then that is only telling the truth. If that was said without love or the words "worthless" added that too would be judging.

Another form of judging is to assign motives to the other person. We are not God and do not know others heart or motive. We can ask outright "are you being nasty" or say "I think you are being nasty"

Christians must defend true doctrine and must rebuke sin, this clear throughout OT and NT.

If someone calls me an adulterer or sinner etc, i will want to find out if there is any truth to their claim but why should I take offense. If they are right they have spared my soul, and if they are wrong Gods peace will descend on me.

Taking offense is in clear opposition to the sermon on the mount by our Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

We are to judge ourselves and no one else.

John 7

24 Do not judge according to sight, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 5 is all about judging an unrepentent sinner within the church and casting him out. Paul says we are to judge those within the body.

1 Corinthians 5

12 For what is it to me to also judge those who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?

13 But God judges those who are outside. Therefore put out from you the evil one.