• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

What is time to God?

Time is to God, what 0 is to infinity

Expand? Infinite time is logical, just as infinite - and + integers are.

<----------------------------------present------------------------->

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What is time to God?

God experiences the creation in Genesis before the incarnation in Matthew. This is basic sequence and reality involving duration (i.e. time). God is not limited by time since He has endless time and is not limited to one place at one time. He is also omnipotent, so is not limited to doing one thing at one time in one location. Just because God experiences endless time does not mean he is limited by it. Timelessness is simply not a logical alternative, though the traditional view.

That doesn't answer the question.

And how do you explain the passage about "the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world"?

But in Hebrew thought (from which the Bible is written), time is circular, not linear.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

What is time to God?

God experiences the creation in Genesis before the incarnation in Matthew. This is basic sequence and reality involving duration (i.e. time). God is not limited by time since He has endless time and is not limited to one place at one time. He is also omnipotent, so is not limited to doing one thing at one time in one location. Just because God experiences endless time does not mean he is limited by it. Timelessness is simply not a logical alternative, though the traditional view.

That doesn't answer the question.

And how do you explain the passage about "the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world"?

The Lamb was slain in the first century. It is not possible for Jesus to die before He is born! This refers to God's plan of redemption that was possible before the Fall, implemented after the Fall in Gen. 3, and then actualized centuries later. It would be contrary to logic and the historical, biblical narratives to say that Jesus literally died before He incarnated. The Word became flesh in the first century, not before Genesis! So, interpret the verse in context (as well, there are alternate readings in various Gk. MSS) in light of other verses vs proof texting. The plan became certain from the beginning, but it was not actualized until later. The verse shows that it was certain vs actual in God's mind. Likewise, I know I am going to work in an hour, but that does not mean I am already there at this moment.

You still didn't answer what time is to God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Then there is the question of how one would move through time? One theory I have heard involved traveling at a speed greater than that of light, but even if that were possible, and it could propel you into the future or the past, you couldn't control where you wound up. Another thought is that there are some kind of worm holes you can go through. While this makes a good science fiction story, and creates interesting conversation, I don't think it is realistic.

Time travel is simple. You just slingshot the Enterprise really close around the sun...

:noidea:

Guest shiloh357
I voted no, but am not 100 percent sure. The biggest problem with the whole time travel thing is that if it were possible to go back into the past, your actions would alter the future. Even small changes could potentially create huge changes. Since the future has not been written, if you were able to go ahead say 40 years, what you see may not come to pass if those in the generation leading up to 2049 make small changes in their decisions.

Excellent point. We have no ideas how the smallest unnoticeable changes can affect the future.

For example. Oscar Mayer was 14 when he came to the US. He was walking down the street looking for a job and decided to walk into a butcher shop. What if he had walked into a shoe repair shop instead? The Oscar Mayer lunch meats would never have come about and even worse, your bologna would not have a first or second name!

Guest shiloh357

Actually, I would not want to go back in time, to be truthfu. People were not very clean or sanitary. People didn't start taking regular baths until the late 1800s. We alwyas think it would be nice to go back in time and see how things happened, but really, you would not be able to stand the smell.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

What is time to God?

Time is to God, what 0 is to infinity

0 is infinite as well. If you have nothing, it is constantly nothing