• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

whats the baptism in the holy spirit?

is it our spirits are baptized?

and why?

and what happens to our soul?

when we are baptized in this way? is it after you get saved?

memorykeeper

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Mat 3:10 Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Mat 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Mat 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire."

For me being baptized (the physical act of immersion in water), was after I had accepted Jesus (It should be afterward), and it was a while afterward, once I understood that for me it was an affirmation of my faith. I waited until the Holy Spirit had spoken to me and I had a better understanding of the Lord's saving grace, and what an awesome gift it is.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

whats the baptism in the holy spirit?
This is the infilling of His Spirit when you receive your gift. This is different then when we are saved.

is it our spirits are baptized?
yes

and why?
see above

and what happens to our soul?
If anything happens, it becomes purer.

when we are baptized in this way? is it after you get saved?
Yes. The Holy Spirit can not dwell in an unsaved person.

memorykeeper

Hope this answers your questions. If you do a search on the Holy Spirit, I am sure you will find many threads that will answer more questions and explain the thoughts of many. :thumbsup:

God Bless,

Alan

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I agree with OneLight, except that I believe that the Holy Spirit enters you at the moment of Salvation.

"Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."' (Acts 2:38)

At the time of salvation, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within. For example, the risen Christ breathed on the disciples and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:22). At Pentecost, there came about a later experience of the disciples being baptized in the Holy Spirit, primarily for ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5-8 and 2:4). Two separate experiences: one for enlivening by the Holy Spirit for salvation; the other for empowering by the Holy Spirit. We need both!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I agree with OneLight, except that I believe that the Holy Spirit enters you at the moment of Salvation.

I also agree that you receive the Holy Spirit upon salvation, but that is different then the baptism of the Holy Spirit. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

:emot-handshake: Exactly!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,228
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

When you are saved, your sins are forgiven, but your carnal self is still there. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is when the Holy Spirit enters your daily life and helps to clean out all that carnal stuff from you. It is a cleansing change in your life where the Spirit begins to lead you through life doing the Gods will instead of one's own.

Some cal; it Sanctification, some call it being baptized in the spirit, but it's that time when you really turn self over to God and let God be the central part of your life..... Some people experience this right after salvation and some wait years for it. Some people believe it is something you have to ask for and pray to receive.

Some believe it is accompanied by guift/s, others do not, but from experience and scripture I'd say that it always is accompanied by a change in the person's way of life and is "always" accompanied with the person's ability to Love God, and others.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

I became baptized in the Holy Spirit at conversion.....it was very dramatic and intense. Everything about me changed at that very moment.....the desire for every sin in my life was completely GONE. Drinking, drugs, cussing, etc. etc.....I had NO desire for it anymore, and when I was around other people who did those things, or ANY sin, it was literally like it HURT me. If someone cussed around me, I had to cover my ears because it was like my spirit HURT-or rather, the Holy Spirit in me HURT. I had so much love in me it was unreal-I adored Jesus, and had incredible amounts of love and compassion for other people-all I wanted to do was love and help people.

I did not speak in tongues, but I was seeing visions and having dreams. I "felt" the Holy Spirit and God's presence all over me, constantly. I "felt" an actual connection to God. I could go on and on about how it felt to me, but I know, without a doubt that this was God and that I had been baptized in the Holy Spirit. I knew, without a doubt that I did not belong on this earth....I belonged in Heaven with Jesus-the things in this world meant NOTHING to me, and I would have happily died right then for Jesus.

All those "feelings" went away, little by little every day.....I was crushed, and thought God had left me. I thought I was no longer saved because I no longer had God's STRONG presence surrounding me and no longer felt that "connection" to Him.

I thought that all along I had "lost" the Holy Spirit...but I think what happened was that I was baptized in the Holy Spirit at conversion, and after it "faded", Satan really attacked me, making me believe I was not saved anymore.

Either way, sorry to ramble, but I know that the "baptism" IS a different thing than what you get at conversion, because I have not met anyone who has experienced anything like what I had when they got saved....and all I know is that I have struggled so much with wondering if I still even have the Holy Spirit, because I sure don't seem to have what I had when I first got saved...and would LOVE to have it again, if it's possible to get baptized in the Spirit more than once. lol.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Baptist in the Holy Spirit happens the moment that you ask Jesus to become your Lord and Savior. The Holy Spirit come to live with in your heart. He fills us with the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. He gives us the power to live the Christian life. HE guides us and teaches us to walk with the Lord. He gives us gifts. It is up to Him which gifts or gift we get. He is with us wherever we go.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

well i asked because i am not sure if i have it or not plus there seems to be two opinions here. i guess i would know if i had it since it seems to be an experience which stands out.

memory