IGNORED

It's like pulling teeth....!!

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl
There is nothing wrong with visiting your other brothers and sisters in their home church now and then. We are all family.

I love home Churches but I steer clear of those that have a "leader" and teachings that are more of an "opinionated" basis rather than actual scriptural teachings...there is big danger in that.

There must be accountability..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Absolutely. Paul and Timothy preached the WORD only.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

There is nothing wrong with visiting your other brothers and sisters in their home church now and then. We are all family.

I love home Churches but I steer clear of those that have a "leader" and teachings that are more of an "opinionated" basis rather than actual scriptural teachings...there is big danger in that.

I agree. Visiting a church for one time should not place you in any more danger then reading something not true from here, if that happens to be the case. I was just suggesting this because you said you having a hard time with your "Church services" at the moment. I often go from church to church to get to say "Hi" to other family members I may never see again, or on some cases, start a friendship outside of the church I frequent mostly.

Guest HIS girl

I agree. Visiting a church for one time should not place you in any more danger then reading something not true from here, if that happens to be the case. I was just suggesting this because you said you having a hard time with your "Church services" at the moment. I often go from church to church to get to say "Hi" to other family members I may never see again, or on some cases, start a friendship outside of the church I frequent mostly.

Onelight what you say is good idea. :emot-hug:

I am finding in a lot of cases that "Churches" are glorifying man more than God - it saddens me and makes me feel a tad hard towards modern day services...

I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself right...hope it's coming across as understandable at least..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure if I'm in a desert at the moment but I feel reluctant to attend Church at this present time...I mean "Church services" in general....

I really don't like this feeling... :emot-hug:

take a small break from service and just read on your own.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

It happens sometimes but after a few days we understand God's message to us.

Praying

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I am finding in a lot of cases that "Churches" are glorifying man more than God - it saddens me and makes me feel a tad hard towards modern day services...

You are explaining yourself nicely. As His time draws near, there will be more of mans teachings and less of His Word in a lot of churches. I hope this is not the case for you. As for the regular services, I do not attend to get a message for me, but to see if I can be of service to others. If the message is good, then I am doubled blessed. Ofter times, the service I can do is outside of church anyway. We are to gather to encourage others, to do His works. Bible studies is where I get fed the most.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Remember also, this is a judgment of God upon those who are not seeking after Him but only the gifts or benefits. He will give them up to perversity as the Revelation says.. and everyone will willingly hear it because they are not seeking God.

Pray for your pastor or church leader that they be brought to repentance. And preach GOD not Man and Man's wants.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself right...hope it's coming across as understandable at least..

Blessings HisGirl, I read all the other replies, up to this point, I've had to stop and start, so you may have sloved this by the time I post. Remember this is dealing with only one of you quotes. I love you sister.

One of Satan tricks is to get us to stop going to church, for whatever reason. I've been in the same position, different event. What he does is get you to slack a sunday, another, then they start back -back, always having a reason not to go. When it becomes a habit, you may never return.

Habits are easy to pick up, but very hard to break.

God's warms us in Heb 10:25- to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, as the matter of some is, but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I'm starting to hear this...churches glorifying man more than God, a bit these days.

The Church is You. Are you glorifying the man? Your weight in gold, is what's important concerning this matter.

Ask yourself some questions: Is your pastor feeding the word of God to the Church and importantly you?

Are souls being added to the mist? Does his life style reflect a man of God? Does he bear the fruits of the spirit?

How's the church servicing- Outreach, mission fields, etc etc?

If your Pastor has not fed into the glorifying, and is standing in as mouth piece for God..then what may the problem be? We must be very sure of the things we see.

God word says touch not mine anointed nor do my prophet no any harm. 1 Chronicles 16:22.

If you are seeing this, your claim has to be lined up with the Judge (God), the lawyer (Jesus) and the jury (the Holy Ghost).

There's never going to be a perfect church with perfect people, but there can be a place where people who wants to be equit to do the work of God.

Now, if he is allowing himself to be build up and accepting this false promotion, try talking to him. If he won't, the balls in your court. You can stay and pray/pray and ask God to lead you to another church. Whatever the fact maybe, I know you will keep your eyes on the prize.

My pastors and I have a wonderful relationship. If I have a question, their door is always open to me.

Now I must go into the kichen and take a tablespoon of what I just said.

In Christ...jot :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Actually I thought you were being persecuted.. because that is when I find myself crumbling... lol

Well I am persecuted everyday in different ways but I love my private time with the Lord. :emot-hug: I collect my manna in those times but lately with Church and it's services...I have been hard to start up....

Don't get me wrong - I love the Church and what the Church "originally" stands for...maybe it's these modern times and I'm losing touch with the "changes" it's going through...?

Maybe....it could also be that you are just like the rest of us, and have seasons where we need to stand back from things and take a look at ourselves and what we are doing, and what is it we think is expected of us by God/the Church/ourselves...sometimes this means getting off the tread-mill of our usual routine and having a period of re-assessing/re-dedication/re-commitment. None of us can survive satisfactorily if we have an unclear vision from a personal view, and from the Churches view...and perhaps this has grown a bit dim.

Its good that you feel free to share with us on Worthy, something of your personal struggles...but I am sure you are aware it will help more to be upfront and open with a friend at home, and if you think it necessary, to explain some of your difficulty to a trusted friend in leadership at your Church. Just a few ideas that buzzed around my head when I read your thread dear Sis. In Messiah. Botz