e lansing

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Is it wrong for Christians to own Guns? Even if it is our constitutional right?

If you say yes, Why is it?

If you say no, why not?

If you use your Guns for sport or hunting, would or could you kill someone in self defence?

Are any of our reasons scriptual?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I see no reason, at this time, that a christian in america should not own a gun (unless they don't want to.)

I don't own one, though i have thought about buying one sometimes.

The bible does not forbid self defense, but says we should strive to live at peace as much as depends on us.

Now, i also believe this, that at some point in the future, the goverment could take away the right to bear arms, i disagree with them if they do and i would do all i could to make sure such legislature never happened, but if it did it is my duty as a christian to follow alllaws which do not interfere with serving God, therfore i would not fight against such a law after it was inplace save for voting and letter writting to congressmen and such.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

What is the difference if I have a gun compared to a bow and arrow or knife? They are tools that can be used bith for good (hunting) and evil (murder). What is important is the heart, not the tool.

Is it right to own a gun? Not for me, for I am a felon. Would I take someones life if I had to? I can not answer that question until I am faced with it. Is there scripture of taking another life? Read the OT.

Guest eric paul

Is the only reason to own a gun for killing? No, some of my most enjoyable time has been spent just plunking around with my 22 rifle and a group of friends,

Would I use one to protect my family, I hope i never have to answer that question

Guest TheChief

"Is it wrong for Christians to own Guns? Even if it is our constitutional right?

Nope, not at all. Jesus, when chastising the disciple for drawing his sword, did not castigate him for ownership, but for use when it was not needed. Also, let's remember His admonition in Luke 22:36 ("Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.") The passage justifies that (1) It is proper for people to provide beforehand for their wants, and for ministers and missionaries as well as any others, and (2) That self-defense is lawful. Men encompassed with danger may lawfully

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Give two people hammers - one takes his hammer and uses it for what it was intended and builds a house. The other takes his hammer and bashes someone's brains out with it. Is it the fault of the hammer? The fault of the one who gave him the hammer? Or is it the fault of the person who used the hammer to murder?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Is it wrong for Christians to own Guns? Even if it is our constitutional right?

If you say yes, Why is it?

If you say no, why not?

Because guns, by themselves, don't kill people.

If you use your Guns for sport or hunting, would or could you kill someone in self defence?

Yes, if it came to that; I would try not to shoot to kill though...if that was possible.

Are any of our reasons scriptual?

I'm not sure but I'm going to find out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I have known a few police officers and military who were Christian. So yes, they own guns.

The old police motto back in a day was "To Serve and Protect".

The same would be true of a man/woman if say their house was broken into. If one owned a gun and a friend or family members life was threatened, God's blessing would be on the protector to use deadly force to protect oneself and their family if necessary.

These Scriptures apply to one as an individual such as a police officer, or a group such as the military. Today's "sword" would be a gun or other weaponry. The "wrath" of course would be the perpetrator(s) being shot and/or killed.

This applies when the "higher powers" themselves are doing "good works", and not being evil themselves. It would not apply to a bad cop or a bad military. (Think Hitler and Nazi Germany...)

This is also part of the reason we pay taxes, (tribute) to keep these folks paid.

Rom 13:1-6

(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

(2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

(3) For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

(4) For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

(5) Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

(6) For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Two kinds of "killing".

1. The criminal if killed another would fall under the 6th commandment "Thou shall not kill". Pre-meditated murder in mind to accomplish his sinful goals...

2. The protector has no intention of killing unless necessary, to protect oneself or others. Killing that is ordained of God.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

1) OK to own guns

2) No good reasons not to own guns

3) Use my gun for target and hunting..yes I could and would use it to defend myself.

Luke22:36 The said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and like wise his script, and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

What is important is the heart, not the tool.

great point! :thumbsup: