IGNORED

What/Is there a symbol for . . . ?

nebula

[

And the effect of speaking with God always left Moses' face radiant and shining ..........when Jesus spoke with Elijah and Moses on the mountain He was also dazzling white ......in the New Jerusalem there will be no need of a sun/light because the GLORY OF GOD will be shining forth - mentions this in Rev...

Rev 21 v 23: The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is it's light.

Lamb - Jesus!!

Cool Hg..and notice the cloud that overshadowed them on the mountain.This must have been the Father in the cloud?

Mat 17:3-5 MKJV

(3) And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah talking with Him.

(4) And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here. If You will, let us make here three tabernacles; one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.

(5) While he yet spoke, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. And behold a voice out of the cloud which said, This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, hear Him.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
[

And the effect of speaking with God always left Moses' face radiant and shining ..........when Jesus spoke with Elijah and Moses on the mountain He was also dazzling white ......in the New Jerusalem there will be no need of a sun/light because the GLORY OF GOD will be shining forth - mentions this in Rev...

Rev 21 v 23: The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is it's light.

Lamb - Jesus!!

Cool Hg..and notice the cloud that overshadowed them on the mountain.This must have been the Father in the cloud?

(4) And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here. If You will, let us make here three tabernacles; one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.

(5) While he yet spoke, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. And behold a voice out of the cloud which said, This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, hear Him.

And Jesus ascended into a cloud and He will return amongst the clouds....

[

Lamb - Jesus!!

And Jesus ascended into a cloud and He will return amongst the clouds....

Oh yes..indeed.

OK, so when we think of symbols to represent the Holy Spirit, we think of a dove or a flame or the wind.

When we think of symbols to represent Jesus, the Son, we think a Lamb, a Lion, the cross, a shepherd, etc.

So, what symbols represent the Father?

When I think of God, no symbols come to mind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,932
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

There is a mathematic symbol for " infinity " that should cover it all in one word :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 18:8

Smoke rose from his nostrils; consuming fire came from his mouth, burning coals blazed

Hebrews 12:29

for our "God is a consuming fire."

John 14:9

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

The church of God uses a neat symbol that represents all three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit as One. It is a flame encircling a cross.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

OK, here's the thing -

With the revelations of God in the OT . . .

Was that the Father only?

No one has ever seen God the Father, only preincarnate Christ. Perhaps Christ is supposed to be the "symbol"?

Moses never looked upon God. He turned away. Gods presence was so powerful, Moses face had to be veiled.

Lamb - Jesus!!

Good connections buddy! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The first setup in making an Idol is to decide on a symbol or representation. I think that is such a no no with the Father that we do/should have a tendency not to even start. Thus we have within us, not to even have a symbol for Him.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I understand what you are saying, Other One -

But what if you wanted to do a painting?

How would you represent the Father without words?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The first setup in making an Idol is to decide on a symbol or representation. I think that is such a no no with the Father that we do/should have a tendency not to even start. Thus we have within us, not to even have a symbol for Him.

I agree we have to be so careful with symbols lest we turn them into idols. God definitely shows his opinions on man-made symbols and idols.