IGNORED

Predestination?

Guest MICHAEL2267

Guest MICHAEL2267

If God knows all the past, future, and present, God wants us to be where we are. He knew the end before the beginning. He knows who will fail him and who will not. While he may grant free will, the outcomes have already been decided. It's a perplexing process that I need help in understanding if anyone knows about this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

If God knows all the past, future, and present, God wants us to be where we are. He knew the end before the beginning. He knows who will fail him and who will not. While he may grant free will, the outcomes have already been decided. It's a perplexing process that I need help in understanding if anyone knows about this.

There have been many discussions here about predestination. But I don't think it is something we will ever truly fully understand.

One verse I like is in Proverbs 16:33 (NIV)

33 The lot is cast into the lap,

but its every decision is from the LORD.

Blessings...South

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Welcome :) You chose a difficult subjest to discuss, and as South says there are many threads already in Worthy where the subject has been discussed. i suggest you read them, they will give you some idea of differing opinions (and there are many), as to what predestination is about.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Can't say I understand it 100% too but here is something I received in an email yesterday and today. Hope it helps..

"As for us, we always thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord." 2 Thessalonians 2:13a

The fact that we are indeed, "loved by the Lord" is DEMONSTRATED BY:

GOD CHOOSING US! - vs. 13b: "We are thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation, a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and by your belief in the truth." 2 Thessalonians 2:13b

So we see the fact that our salvation is initiated by God! We are not saved because we want to be, but because God has taken the initiative! After Adam and Eve sinned it was GOD who looked for them in the garden. And throughout history it's been God who has drawn man to Himself. We often talk about how "we found the Lord" but the actual truth it that GOD FOUND US!

Jesus said, "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him..." John 6:44a, NASB

SO WHEN DID GOD CHOOSE US? Verse 13 says "God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation..." In the very beginning He chose us!

Ephesians 1:4 says "...He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world..."

2 Timothy 1:9 - "who saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity..."

You can take joy and have confidence in the fact that God chose you to be His child before you were even born!

"As for us, we always thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord." 2 Thessalonians 2:13a

In the very beginning God chose to give you salvation! HIS CHOICE OF YOU WAS BASED UPON HIS FOREKNOWLEDGE!

This is what the apostle Peter writes in 1 Peter 1:1-2:

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure." NASB

This passage of Scripture teaches us that although God always initiates salvation, God's choice is always accompanied by people's choice. God chose His children based on His foreknowledge of who would choose Him.

Welcome!

>>>>>()<<<<<

God's Book Says

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name

of the only begotten

Son of God. John 3:16-18

Believe God

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

Trust

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Him

>>>>>()<<<<<

And Be Blessed Beloved

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Love, Joe

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

IMO, it's like when you warn your child not to put his finger in a flame because he will get burned, knowing full well the kid is gonna do it to see if that is true.

As a parent, I know how it's going to turn out, but the child still has free will to decide to obey or not.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Welcome

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,396
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is the comfort of this passages truth-

Job 9:10-14

10 He does great things past finding out,

Yes, wonders without number.

11 If He goes by me, I do not see Him;

If He moves past, I do not perceive Him;

12 If He takes away, who can hinder Him?

Who can say to Him, 'What are You doing?'

13 God will not withdraw His anger,

The allies of the proud lie prostrate beneath Him.

14 "How then can I answer Him,

And choose my words to reason with Him?

NKJV

and the greatest mystery He in all His glory can pass by and not be seen. The unsaved all around us! How can we live in this incredible creation and not find the Bible's explanation the bing of all searches. Love Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Our universe appears to be made up of at least ten dimensions. Theoretical math and physics can show this to be almost certain.

We are stuck in the fourth dimension where there is space (forward/back, up/down, left/right, and time) These are our four dimensions and we are living in a world that demands linear time.

God on the other hand does not reside in the fourth dimension and is not bound by either space or time. He can see just as easily what you did ten years ago as he did the last ten seconds.... and he will be able to see what you will decide to do in ten years (assuming that you'll still be here in ten years). Just because he can see what you are going to do in the future is not the same as deciding what you are going to do in the future. You will still make those decisions and you will keep your free will until he returns and tells you exactly what to do..... thus removing your free will.

All the things going on is this world today is not the detailed plan of God. It is the plans of Satan and every single one of us that either follow the teachings of Christ, or Satan himself. God didn't plan for Satan and his Antichrist to take over the world and persecute and kill the saints. But he did see it in the future and tell us about it so that when it happens we would not loose our faith and trust him to know that it will be OK in the end throughout eternity......

It's not Gods plan that we have aborted 50+ million babies in the past years..... but he did know we'd do it.

He is going to send some disasters on the planet at the very end and that is in his plans....... but only because he has seen what we will decide to do before that time.

And when it's all over, those who love him will understand and it will be alright....... and those that don't love him and each other won't really matter.

Calvin just didn't understand the universe and how it all fits together. If he were alive today, he'd change his mind on predestination.

And that's a gospel according to Sam...... and it's the one I'm sticking to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome! :o

John 3:14-21

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.