• Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

You can't get Moose heads over here :thumbsup:

aw fez!

i'll send you one! :wub:

:emot-hug: Aww thanks, but I can always use a buffalo.....

Almost any carcass will serve for this purpose. How about a plastic fish on a wall plaque that sings... I've always liked those... :emot-hug:

Yeah those are cool! I am thinking of getting one when I redecorate. It will be a vast improvement on my prize picture - the black velvet one of the dogs playing poker surrounded by a red neon frame..... Now what to do with the Hawaiian lamp shade shaped like a hula girl on a spring thing....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

You can't get Moose heads over here :thumbsup:

aw fez!

i'll send you one! :wub:

:emot-hug: Aww thanks, but I can always use a buffalo.....

Almost any carcass will serve for this purpose. How about a plastic fish on a wall plaque that sings... I've always liked those... :noidea:

Yeah those are cool! I am thinking of getting one when I redecorate. It will be a vast improvement on my prize picture - the black velvet one of the dogs playing poker surrounded by a red neon frame..... Now what to do with the Hawaiian lamp shade shaped like a hula girl on a spring thing....

Uhm... I'm thinking that maybe that lamp will get taken care of ... in the days ahead.... :emot-hug:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,932
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:thumbsup::wub::emot-hug: you have such good taste I was thinking of getting you to redecorate my home :emot-hug::noidea::cake::cool::24:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

actually, i'm surprised there are not more divorces than there are. used to be that men and women were dependant on each other. the man needed a wife to cook, clean, and care for the children, because he couldn't do any of those things. the woman needed a husband to support her financially because she could not get a job to support herself. but the fact was that women needed men more than men needed women. so men learned they could do what they like because the woman wouldn't leave. now, i believe the opposite is true: men need women more than women need men, and so women are acting the same way men are. so both genders, outside of those living for Christ, are doing what they please. so what is to stop divorce?

the "me generation" has far-reaching consequences.

Am I the only one that sees the TRUTH in what Charitow is saying here? Men and women ARE supposed to need each other...menand women are supposed to have different needs, that's the way God designed us. Men and women are taught above all else these days that we don't need the opposite sex...but we do! And we really should go back to our old roles...much better for the family and society as a whole

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

actually, i'm surprised there are not more divorces than there are. used to be that men and women were dependant on each other. the man needed a wife to cook, clean, and care for the children, because he couldn't do any of those things. the woman needed a husband to support her financially because she could not get a job to support herself. but the fact was that women needed men more than men needed women. so men learned they could do what they like because the woman wouldn't leave. now, i believe the opposite is true: men need women more than women need men, and so women are acting the same way men are. so both genders, outside of those living for Christ, are doing what they please. so what is to stop divorce?

the "me generation" has far-reaching consequences.

Am I the only one that sees the TRUTH in what Charitow is saying here? Men and women ARE supposed to need each other...menand women are supposed to have different needs, that's the way God designed us. Men and women are taught above all else these days that we don't need the opposite sex...but we do! And we really should go back to our old roles...much better for the family and society as a whole

Yep the breakup of the family. I agree the ideal way for a family to live is mom at home and dad out working. Society has geared it that most need two incomes to survive.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I know there is a need these days for many families to have two incomes, but even if that was not the case, most modern women, even Christian women, do not like the idea of the man going to work and the wife staying home to run the house and care for the kids. Our society has so drilled it into women's heads that to stay home and be a housewife is demeaning.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I know there is a need these days for many families to have two incomes, but even if that was not the case, most modern women, even Christian women, do not like the idea of the man going to work and the wife staying home to run the house and care for the kids. Our society has so drilled it into women's heads that to stay home and be a housewife is demeaning.

Most of the women I have worked with in my life did not work because they 'needed to feel empowered' - it was to help their families earn a living. I'm sure that there are women who must have a career in order to feel valued and admired. I know a lot of women - more than I can count, who would love to be at home with their children instead of working each day. There was a going away party at my building the other day because we had a lovely young woman who is soon to have her second child leaving her job ... to have her baby and be a stay at home mom. She's helped her husband through medical school and he'll be entering practice soon. I can't convey to you how thrilled we all were that she is able to do this... I stayed home when my children were small and it was a gift - a joy to be able to be with them. I am excited when a Mom of today can do that, too. I know a beautiful young mom who would give up her very stressful "career" in a second to spend each day at home with her child... I'm sure there are many others, too.

EDITED TO INCLUDE: The hardest job I have ever had was a stay at home wife and mother - it was rewarding and wasn't a picnic - I salute women who can do this today!!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Most women I know including my wife would love to stay home but simply cannot afford to.

But that is frankly not the point. Marriage is not conditional, marriage is an eternal vow to God. I don't know how any secular marriages survive with an attitude that if things are bad we can always divorce. Most people (not all) cannot live together over a 30-50 year period and not have some really bad times.

In the article the women was divorcing her husband when she was 8 months pregnant because she wanted to grow or could be happier without him, I bet she could be, so what. She is intentionally denying a father to her child so she can be happier, sacrifice is what this life is about it is what love means it is what it means to love her child; and if people are not willing to do that they should not get married nor should they have children.

Guest Rachell

If people were to follow the lord in the choosing of their *mates* for lack of a better word, as well as follow the lord's directions on how the relationship should work then we wouldn't have these problems. The lord states that we should not be unevenly yoked, and states the males,a and females roles in a relationship. If everyone abided by this then we wouldn't have the problems of marriage that we currently have today.

Guest shiloh357
You can't get Moose heads over here :foot-stomp:

aw fez!

i'll send you one! :emot-dance:

:whistling: Aww thanks, but I can always use a buffalo.....

Almost any carcass will serve for this purpose. How about a plastic fish on a wall plaque that sings... I've always liked those... ;)

You shop a lot of garage sales and flea markets don't you, Fez??? :laugh: