• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

letting them have 2 wives

You're accusing God of something man did but that was not the ideal. :whistling:

He may have allowed it but in every instance of it we see trouble because it was not God's best. God allows a whole lot of people to smoke drugs, this does not mean that He condones it. :taped:

Again, merciful God relates to us as we are.

Actually, He does not, He meets us where we are but He never makes excuses or condones our sinful and rebellious behavior. He tells us the Truth that we are in need of a Savior. :wub: He doesn't tell the Wiccan that it's okay to remain a Wiccan and He never manifests Himself as some sort of Wiccan Pagan Deity.

Does He come to the Homosexual as a Homosexual or as the Homosexual's Merciful Father?

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

Grace to you,

what is this re-proof you're speaking of?

2Ti

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Grace to you,

letting them have 2 wives

You're accusing God of something man did but that was not the ideal. :whistling:

He may have allowed it but in every instance of it we see trouble because it was not God's best. God allows a whole lot of people to smoke drugs, this does not mean that He condones it. :taped:

Again, merciful God relates to us as we are.

Actually, He does not, He meets us where we are but He never makes excuses or condones our sinful and rebellious behavior. He tells us the Truth that we are in need of a Savior. :wub: He doesn't tell the Wiccan that it's okay to remain a Wiccan and He never manifests Himself as some sort of Wiccan Pagan Deity.

Does He come to the Homosexual as a Homosexual or as the Homosexual's Merciful Father?

Peace,

Dave

You have misunderstood me.

Grace to you,

2Ti

this is like a chat. unfortunately, duty calls. i still have green peppers to get in the garden, plus dinner to fix and a load of laundry.

please don't think me rude, but i gots to go.

hoping for many more wonderful, spirited discussions on another day,

Fraught

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.91
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Can't you see how much God has cooperated with the human experience in the history we read? letting them have 2 wives, showing them how He is different from the canaanite and egyptian gods they worshipped by using analogies they could understand. comparing Himself with the known gods then illustrating Himself as the real God. proving Himself.

The image of a female god was very popular to ancient religions. How many of Egypt's gods were female? Babylonian? Canaanite?

Why would the Lord have refrained from manifesting Himself as a female?

For that matter, ever notice that the Lord never used the sun as a symbol for Himself?

well just as a matter of opinion here, i can't speak for God, but would anyone have followed Jesus if he were a woman? in that culture? how about now? what do you think? i can't see it. in 2010.

Is this your only reason for belief that Jesus came to earth in a male body?

~~~

Fraught - I actually understand the struggle. Guys just don't understand the female need for a Divine Female embrace.

How can God understand me as a woman? (And the "God made you," response is so . . . male!)

Likewise, how can you say Jesus went through everything you went through - when He never had to endure PMS!? (Or menstrual "cramps" - yeah, "cramps" sure is a term invented by a male doctor to describe the pain. :whistling: How about calling it "my insides are turning inside-out?")

I have struggled a lot with this issue.

But one thing interesting I've heard some preachers/teachers pointing out - Satan hates women. I know he hates everyone, but he has a special angst against women.

Some believe it came from the curse in the garden - that is was the woman's seed that would crush his head.

Some believe it has to do with the female representing the Bride of Christ, and so Satan goes for God's heart through destroying women.

One thing for sure - he sure has worked overtime to destroy women in particular. Why else would rape and sexual molestation be the norm rather than the exception? Why is it that men are always putting women in bondage in the name of religion? Is this not the work of Satan?

I've come to find that imagining, visualizing, regarding God as female wasn't the solution to my struggle or pain. Encountering the depths of the love of the Father has been making a difference though.

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father love you

Can't you see how much God has cooperated with the human experience in the history we read? letting them have 2 wives, showing them how He is different from the canaanite and egyptian gods they worshipped by using analogies they could understand. comparing Himself with the known gods then illustrating Himself as the real God. proving Himself.

The image of a female god was very popular to ancient religions. How many of Egypt's gods were female? Babylonian? Canaanite?

Why would the Lord have refrained from manifesting Himself as a female?

For that matter, ever notice that the Lord never used the sun as a symbol for Himself?

well just as a matter of opinion here, i can't speak for God, but would anyone have followed Jesus if he were a woman? in that culture? how about now? what do you think? i can't see it. in 2010.

Is this your only reason for belief that Jesus came to earth in a male body?

~~~

Fraught - I actually understand the struggle. Guys just don't understand the female need for a Divine Female embrace.

How can God understand me as a woman? (And the "God made you," response is so . . . male!)

Likewise, how can you say Jesus went through everything you went through - when He never had to endure PMS!? (Or menstrual "cramps" - yeah, "cramps" sure is a term invented by a male doctor to describe the pain. :whistling: How about calling it "my insides are turning inside-out?")

I have struggled a lot with this issue.

But one thing interesting I've heard some preachers/teachers pointing out - Satan hates women. I know he hates everyone, but he has a special angst against women.

Some believe it came from the curse in the garden - that is was the woman's seed that would crush his head.

Some believe it has to do with the female representing the Bride of Christ, and so Satan goes for God's heart through destroying women.

One thing for sure - he sure has worked overtime to destroy women in particular. Why else would rape and sexual molestation be the norm rather than the exception? Why is it that men are always putting women in bondage in the name of religion? Is this not the work of Satan?

I've come to find that imagining, visualizing, regarding God as female wasn't the solution to my struggle or pain. Encountering the depths of the love of the Father has been making a difference though.

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father loves you

The Father love you

Amen Sister. :taped:

Grace to you,

Do you think He is well served by brainless idiots?

When it regards the thoughts of your flesh and the lusts of your heart, Yes! :whistling:

God calls us Sheep. Ever observe a Sheep for a little while? Their not very smart. They have a herd mentality and they are easily frightened. Without a Shepherd they easily go astray and have even been known to eat with their heads down so much so that they do not pay attention to the path ahead and can even be caused great harm following one another right into the path of danger. :taped:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Grace to you,

2Ti

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

There is nothing wrong with that at all.

It is wrong because it is based on human, emotional reasoning and not on Scripture.

That is you opinion not mine.