logos7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

He is the future Roman prince to come, the little horn, the son of perdition and/or the man of sin.

And since the reformation, many have also assumed that he is the antichrist, but I'm not one of them. I don't like to make assumptions off of common beliefs. And nowhere in Scripture do I find that antichrist is a single man that will appear at the time of the end. This may very well be one of the longest running misconceptions in Bible prophecy. The same scholars that believe this, most of them also believe that this so-called antichrist man will suffer a fatal head wound and be raised from the dead, but I don't buy that either. These are based on assumptions, not truth. This is what happens when scholars mis-interpret symbols in God's word.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

He is the future Roman prince to come, the little horn, the son of perdition and/or the man of sin.

And since the reformation, many have also assumed that he is the antichrist, but I'm not one of them. I don't like to make assumptions off of common beliefs. And nowhere in Scripture do I find that antichrist is a single man that will appear at the time of the end. This may very well be one of the longest running misconceptions in Bible prophecy. The same scholars that believe this, most of them also believe that this so-called antichrist man will suffer a fatal head wound and be raised from the dead, but I don't buy that either. These are based on assumptions, not truth. This is what happens when scholars mis-interpret symbols in God's word.

The little horn is none other than Nero. To Daniel, he was future. Nero's name adds up to 666 also, and he believed himself god and demanded worship. Nero died of a self-inflicted head wound. Remember as well though, that Nero personified the Empire. So when another Emperor came along, the Beast came back to life. You are correct, there is no end time 'antichrist dictator' who will come and tattoo 666 on everyone's forehead. That heresy comes from a co-mingling of unrelated prophecies. Antichrist most properly refers to Gnostic teachers (see the letters of John [i & II]). The word antichrist is used all of 5 times in all of Scripture and never by Jesus, never by Paul, never by Peter, only by John and only in his letters. It never appears in any of John's other writings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I do disagree, but we've been through all that before......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

The He in Dan 9:27 is the anti-christ / beast. It can not be Jesus because Jesus refers to Daniel's prophecy as taking place during the time when this world / age ends and is a sign of his second coming soon. I've seen a lot of people quote Jesus' response in Matt 24 but no one has brought up to what question he was responding too.

Matthew 24:1 - 16

1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The Great Tribulation

15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

The world did not end in AD 34 nor did Jesus return in AD 34 to setup his kingdom. I'm sorry but your interpretation just doesn't line up with the rest of scripture. How does your interpretation line up with the parable the fig tree? How does it line up with the rest of Matthew 24?

Matt 24:29- 31

29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I still see the sun, moon and stars...

The only logical explanation I see is that the time of the dispensation of the law was suspended to allow for a time of dispensation of grace. The dispensation of law will start back up when He (the anti-christ, little horn, man of lawlessness, etc.. ) confirms a covenant with many for a period of one week or 7 years. In the middle of the week (3 1/2 years) he will break the covenant and this is where Jesus warns about the abomination of desolation and to flee to the mountains.

Edited by PeterH

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The "he" in Dan. 9:27 Is the antichrist. Look at Dan. 8:23, 2 Thess. 2: 1 - 8, 1 John 2:18. The word people refers to the Romans who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D. This is my opinion.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Antiochus Epiphanes IV. He desecrated the temple and instigated the first religious persecution in history. He burned the Torahs, to circumcise was a death sentence. He is the little horn.

Historically correct, but it doesn't fit the bill. Antiochus was before Messiah. The second Prince named in the verse comes after Messiah's being cut off.

The most likely historical candidate for the second prince is: Titus. He was the leader of the Roman armies which destroyed Jerusalem according to the prophecy of Jesus in Matthew.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, logos7.

Hi logos7, so in this case:

Thanks Shiloh, we probably won't agree but maybe you have some Scripture to sway me. Believe me I'm not looking for an arguement as I already know why I believe what I do, but welcome anyone to show Scripture to convince me otherwise.

It might be a good idea to let us know what you think 'he' is, and why? Then we can share one way or the other.

As for me.., satan makes things desolate because he is the desolator. Christ tells us where "it" stands: Matthew 24.15 And Christ being the sacrifice for all sins, makes sense that Daniel 9.27's 'he' is satan.

Wth apologies this will be a long answer.

Daniel 9:26-27

26) And after threescore and and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for Himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the war desolations are determined.

27) And He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week He shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations He shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I think that many believer think that verse 27 refers to the antichrist because of the statement in verse 26 "the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary" which mean the last person refer to in verse 26 is who the He in verse 27 refers to, but i think this goes against the Bible teaching.

The Writer of the Book of Hebrews said

And to Jesus the mediator of the New Covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel

Hebrew 12:24

We as believers seem to forget the term Covenant and Testament are pretty much one and the same. So I believe that the Old Testament/Covenant refers to the Law and the New Testament/Covenant refers to the Liberty of Grace.

16) Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promise made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy Seed, which is Christ.

17) And this is say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Galatians 3:16-17

We see that in verse 27 of Daniel 9, that He would confirm the Covenant with many for one week. Jesus began His ministry when He was 30 (Luke 3:23), and He began to preach (confirm) the New Covenant: "And saying, The time is fulfilled and the Kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye and believe the Gospel." (Mark 1:15). About 3 and an half years later, we see Jesus speaking of the New Testament or New Covenant (Matthew 26:26-29; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:14-20; I Corinthians 11:23-26). We also read in Hebrews 9:19-19-26 how Moses by sacrificing calves and goats etc., by their blood purgify the earthly tabernacle, but once and for all Christ's Blood has purified the heavenly tabernacle. This would have happened in the midst of the week. The rest of the week is dealt with in Daniel 9:24. For the last three and a half years the Gospel message was primary a Jewish Message. For Jesus told a woman of Canaan, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24). In Acts 9-11, we see that the final three and a half year period is come to an end, for Saul/Paul is called to be a witness unto the Gentiles (Acts 9:15) and than we see that Peter has a vision and preaches to Cornelius the Gospel, which cause an uproar among the Jewish Christians (Acts 10-11). But this is the beginning of the Time of the Gentiles (Luke21:24).

I know many will say but the Jews still offered their sacrifices after Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead. The last words of Jesus earthly life were, "It is finished" (John 19:31). On Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement) of the year that Jesus was offered as Our Final Sacrice, the Jews for the first time offer there scapegoat (for there were two goats one was offer for the sins of the people and the other a scapegoat had a white ribbon around its neck that every year was soak in the blood of the other dead goat and sent into the wilderness, but would return with it white again) came back with a red ribbon because the children of Isreal had rejected their Messiah. The Abomination of Desolation from what I read in the New Testament was the fact that many Jews were still offering the sacrifices of the Old Testament.

Hebrews 10:12-29

12) But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13) From henceforth expecting till His enemies be made His footstool.

14) For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15) Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that He had said before,

16) This is the covenant that i will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17) And their sins and iniquities wil I remember no more. (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

18) NOW WHERE REMISSION OF THESE IS, THERE IS NO MORE OFFERING FOR SIN.

19) Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the the holiest by the blood of Jesus.

29) OF HOW MUCH SORER PUNISHMENT SUPPOSE YE, SHALL HE BE THOUGHT WORTHY WHO HATH TRODDEN UNDER FOOT THE SON OF GOD AND HATH COUNTED THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT, WHEREWITH HE WAS SANCTIFIED, AN UNHOLY THING, AND HATH DONE DESPITE UNTO THE SPIRIT OF GRACE?

Daniel 9:27

...for the overspreading of the abomination He shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Comparing Matthew24:15 with Luke 21:24 I believe this is reveal to us to have happen in 70AD. And if one reads I Thessalonians 2:14-17, especially verse 16 it tells that God wrath is come on the Jews for trying to stopped the preaching of the Gospel of to the Gentiles.

Now God does love the Jewish People and so should we, but because they rejected His Son, God's Wrath was so great that He destroy their nation in 70AD. But now Jerusalem is in the Jewish people hand again and the time of the Gentiles is probably fufill.

This is how I understand this Prophecy.

This is absolutely correct. The JPS version aside (written by unbelieving Jews), the translators should know better than that. The Hebrew language ultimately has a similar rule to English, although the conclusion is drawn from a different perspective: The pronouns "he" (in the English translations of Dan. 9:27) cannot refer to the "prince that shall come." It must go back to the subject noun in verse 26, which is "Messiah the prince."

See, in Hebrew, there is a structure called a noun "construct state," in which a string of nouns together produce an English translation with the word "of" between them. For instance, "'eem Ya`aqoV," pronounced "aim yah-ah-COVE," is a construct state of the words "'eem," meaning "mother," and "Ya`aqoV," usually transliterated as "Jacob." Thus, in Hebrew, this construct state is a "string" of 2 nouns stuck together as "mother Jacob" but in translation to English, the phrase becomes "mother OF Jacob," and the "OF" is supplied for translation. That's why other names and phrases are so translated, such as "bat Yisra'el" means "daughter OF Israel," and "bar mitsvah" means "son (or heir) OF [the] commandment." If a transitive verb follows which does not specify the subject, the verb is the action performed by the FIRST noun in the noun construct; it CANNOT refer to the second (or third or ...) noun!

In verse 26, we have such a noun construct state: "`am naagiyd," translated as "[the] people of [the] prince." Therefore, THAT "prince" cannot be the subject of the verbs in verse 27, "v-higbiyr" and "yashbiyt" and the assumed verb form "m-shomeem," translated as "and he shall confirm" and "he shall cause to cease" and "he shall make it desolate," respectively.

In English, we have a similar rule: the noun following a preposition is called the object of the preposition and it CANNOT participate in any other part of speech within that sentence. Therefore, it cannot be the subject, direct object or indirect object of the sentence.

And based on this rule, we have another rule: a pronoun acting as the subject of a sentence must find its antecedent in the subject or direct object or indirect object of a previous sentence. If one says, "There is a mess on the floor. Please clean it up," the word "it" in the second sentence refers to the word "mess," not "floor." The individual nouns and adjectives in a prepositional phrase, such as "on the floor," are independent of the primary sentence structure, although the PHRASE itself may participate as an adjective or adverb. The object of the preposition is subordinate to the preposition and is on a different level than the primary sentence, and is so diagrammed when diagramming the sentence. A sentence following the current sentence is on the same level as the primary sentence structure, for we can add a conjunction with a comma or we can add a semicolon and join the two sentences.

Thus, from either the Hebrew perspective or the English-translation perspective of Dan. 9:26 and 27, the "he's" CANNOT find their antecedent in the "prince" object within the "of the prince" prepositional phrase! The "he's" MUST go back to the "Maashiyach" (or "Messiah") of verse 26.

Edited by Retrobyter

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Roy

If what you say is true, What covenant then did Christ confirm with many for one seven at the onset of His Ministry. It had to be immediately after His Baptism. Christ made no such covenant at the onset of His Ministry. Your "He/he" all hangs on this, a seven year covenant. Scripture would be nice to support this.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Montana Marv.

Roy

If what you say is true, What covenant then did Christ confirm with many for one seven at the onset of His Ministry. It had to be immediately after His Baptism. Christ made no such covenant at the onset of His Ministry. Your "He/he" all hangs on this, a seven year covenant. Scripture would be nice to support this.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Well, it was not the NEW Covenant that the Preterists claim; it was the Abrahamic Covenant through to the Davidic Covenant. You can summarize to say that it was the Davidic Covenant specifically:

1 Chron. 17:7-14

7 Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel:

8 And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the earth.

9 Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning,

10 And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the Lord will build thee an house.

11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.

12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.

13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:

14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

KJV

This was said about Shlomo (Solomon) in particular, but it was also said about the Messiah Yeshua` (Christ Jesus) while yet being in the loins of His father Shlomo, especially the part about "I will be his father, and he shall be my son!" God looks down the corridors of time all at once, and NOTHING takes Him by surprise! Here's some more:

1 Chron. 28:2-5

2 Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: As for me, I had in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:

3 But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood.

4 Howbeit the Lord God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel for ever: for he hath chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father; and among the sons of my father he liked me to make me king over all Israel:

5 And of all my sons, (for the Lord hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel.

KJV

2 Chron 21:5-7

5 Jehoram was thirty and two years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem.

6 And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab: for he had the daughter of Ahab to wife: and he wrought that which was evil in the eyes of the Lord.

7 Howbeit the Lord would not destroy the house of David, because of the covenant that he had made with David, and as he promised to give a light to him and to his sons for ever.

KJV

Ps. 89:1-4, 28-37

1 I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.

30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;

31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;

32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.

33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.

36 His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.

37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

KJV

Isa. 55:1-5

1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

KJV

Jer. 33:19-26

19 And the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, saying,

20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;

21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.

23 Moreover the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying,

24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the Lord hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.

25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;

26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.

KJV

THIS is the covenant that Yeshua` ratified with the children of Y'hudah, the Jews. Just as David reigned over the house of Y'hudah for 7.5 years and THEN was anointed King over all Isra'el, so too Yeshua` was supposed to reign over Y'hudah for seven years before reigning over the whole house of Isra'el. This didn't happen because of the politics of His day. The elders of Y'hudah - the cohaniym (priests), the P'rushiym (Pharisees; Separatists), the Tsadduqiym (the Sadducees, "Righteous-ones"), and the scribes (transcribers or copyists of the Torah) would not accept Him as the Messiah of God to be King over Isra'el; they CHOSE not to accept Him! And, as prophesied, they crucified Him - cut Him off - midway through that time!

Look again at the baptism of Yeshua` in the Yarden (Jordan) River:

Matt. 3:5-17

5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

KJV

Mark 1:6-15

6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;

7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

KJV

Luke 3:1-22

1 Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

10 And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?

11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

12 Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?

13 And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.

14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

15 And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;

16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

18 And many other things in his exhortation preached he unto the people.

19 But Herod the tetrarch, being reproved by him for Herodias his brother Philip's wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done,

20 Added yet this above all, that he shut up John in prison.

21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

KJV

John 1:22-36

22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

KJV

I'd be willing to bet that most Christians, being Gentiles, do not understand that THIS is a fulfillment of 1 Chronicles 17:13!

Also, most Christians, being Gentiles and not Jews (or rather, Isra'elis), don't understand that the "gospel of the kingdom of God" was WELL KNOWN ALREADY when Yeshua` came! The listeners were not told what it was; they were merely instructed to do a "one-eighty" and BELIEVE the gospel! The gospel or good news about the Kingdom of God was already given in the Tanakh (the OT) in Isaiah 52:7:

Isa. 52:7-10

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.

9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

10 The Lord hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

KJV

THAT'S the "gospel of the Kingdom of God!" THAT'S the "good news" or "good tidings" about His Kingdom! THY GOD REIGNETH!!! And, once again, the word "salvation" here is NOT talking about individual justification by God. It is talking about the national RESCUE OF ISRA'EL!

In the Messiah's love,

Roy

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,333
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is an interesting logic... if the assumption of anting, due to lack of facts, then any direction from said point also assumed? It is why He says this- Matt 6:34

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

NKJV

most Christians, I think IMHO, do not realize the Scripture was written literally to all peoples in all times ('IS')... when we outside of the day look ahead in His Word to prepare for assembled beliefs-where are we at that time? Perhaps to know the facts, fragmented on our own bias is the danger of not recognizing them when they come as intended... He promises that if in obedience and trained listening of Him in the day we shall be taken care of in tomorrows troubles! " for tomorrow will worry about its own things" Learn the Scripture as signs when it comes to tomorrows! Then when in the day you see the sign- you will recognize where you are in the day and the Living Word will fill in the details... Love, Steven