WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

MG is correct: We currently do not have the resources to fight nor fund a conventional war against Iran. That said, does anyone find it odd that Obama is so intent on taking our troops our of Iraq? It's not to honor any campaign promise or to declare the mission complete there. It's simply to free up more troops for later use.

Think about it- these troops aren't coming home, putting their feet up and sitting around in circles telling old war stories to pass the time. Many are going straight to Afghanistan and the rest are going home for a bit for a little rest and a train up for the invasion of Iran. The plans have been in place for years, being revised and refined as new "intelligence" comes in.

But don't blame Obama. He's not running this at all. He can't stop this any more effectively than you or I could.

t.

Good points. I just watched Shepard Smith announce the exit of the last combat division from Iraq. They're gone, leaving only advisors behind. As with any President before him, Obama can only listen to his generals in the Pentagon and on the ground in the Middle East and Afghanistan. I feel that something is brewing and I don't think we're going to be thrilled by it. Iran must be stopped, no argument there, but how to do it without killing a lot of people?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You and Nebula agree?

If you're so anxious to go to war, once again, how do we do it? :noidea:

It's not about being anxious to go to war.

It's about not wanting to deal with the consequences of Iran having the power to build nuclear weapons.

I know; but why has the world waited until they're ready to build a bomb to act? The consequences of nuclear fallout are guaranteed once they go nuclear. Destroying the sites at that point (which is pretty much any time now) will be horrific.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know; but why has the world waited until they're ready to build a bomb to act?

Do you really want my opinion on that? :bored-1:

I know; but why has the world waited until they're ready to build a bomb to act?

Yes; I'm interested to hear what others think about this because I think it's going to get really bad, really soon. :(

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  0

For the record.

It is going to ugly sometime here in the future. I won't even begin to guess when.

I think the sanctions put against Iran didn't work. Obviously. Sanctions have been implemented for a long time.....minus a couple of countries (you all know who they are)

I honestly don't know what other choice Israel has... :noidea: The very words out that mans mouth make it plain and clear what he wants to do with Israel. I say, if he's crazy enough to say it to the world, then he's crazy enough too do it.

Praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think you all understand some things about Iran going nuclear.

If you are going to build a bomb, you need uranium 235 in very high concentration. Once you mine the uranium and extract it from the ore, the vast majority of the uranium is 238. U-235 is about .7% of the uranium. The two can't be separated by chemical means, they have to be physically separated. It must be turned into a gas form and run through some very expensive and difficult to use centrifuges. It's expensive and very time consuming.

It takes at least 120 pounds of u-235 to make a bomb, which means you have to start with about 25,000 pounds of uranium to even begin to think about making one single bomb.

However, it only takes 22 pounds of plutonium to make a bomb, though it is a bit more difficult to make the bomb.

With a power plant such as the one they are getting ready to start up, all one has to do is to shield the reactor with U-238 and the reaction if the power plant will turn the u-238 into plutonium. And it is very easy to extract the Plutonium chemically and the plutonium is very pure. These are called breeder reactors, and as far as I know, we are only running two and have been for a long time.

So, what needs to happen is for this reactor not to start up. They can easily make five or six bombs from a years generating at this reactor unless we are allowed to keep inspectore there most all the time.

So what is important for the short run is for this reactor not to be able to start. It would not take much to destroy it, and the thing is setting right on the coast. If we have a battle ship in the gulf, we could just shoot it with the big guns and blow it up..... or do it with four or five cruise missiles, and maybe even with a drone. It could take them several more years to rebuild it and give us a chance to slow things down.

I don't know how much uranium they have, nor how much the centrifuges have processed....... but this reactor can make bombs very quickly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

And if you think we're not affected by these people just remember that they have several very stealthy submarines that could get very close to our coastal cities and take out large cities very easily.

Put a bomb on the front of a sub and surface in the hudson river and take out several million people in New York City and New Jersey..... and not even have a missile involved. If they could get it up to a thousand to fifteen hundred feet it could kill as much as sevdn or eight milllion people...... Same with San Diego, LA or San Francisco.

God forbid the Russians give them the knowhow to create a fusion bomb which could easily reach the 15 megaton range and wipe out New York City and half of New Jersey.

I would think then, "we the people would be ready to go to war with these crazy people. Then we would pretty much destroy all of Iran, and as I understand it, most of their population really don't agree with their government. A lot of innocient people on both sides will die..... And this is exactly what ahmadinejad wants to do. Send a couple of bombs to Israel and three or four here.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Personally, I think it is time to MOP up this mess.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yes; I'm interested to hear what others think about this because I think it's going to get really bad, really soon. :(

For some, it's the "peace, love, harmony" belief.

For others, well . . . you don't like "conspiracy theories" and I don't feel like initiating the debate on that.

For some, it's the "peace, love, harmony" belief.

For others, well . . . you don't like "conspiracy theories" and I don't feel like initiating the debate on that.

Well, the 'peace, love, harmony' thing doesn't apply to the insane Iranian government at all. If it's a conspiracy theory then why not post it in the 'Conspiracy.or is it' forum? From the info OneLight posted, it appears there just may be a way to neutralize Iran's nuclear ambitions, one that most of us were not aware of.